Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Numbering issues in Fragile Things...HEY NEIL!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Numbering issues in Fragile Things...HEY NEIL!!
 Login/Join

posted
In "Pages from a Journal Found in a Shoebox Left in a Greyhound Bus Somewhere Between Tulsa, Oklahoma and Louisville, Kentucky", there is an entry for "Friday the 32nd". As far as I can tell, only one calendar, the Jalali Calendar in the 11th century has months that occasionally have 32 days.

So does that mean the main lady/man in the story was Islamic?

Then in "Fifteen Painted Cards From a Vampire Tarot" the deck SKIPS around a lot. Not sure why...just those were the most interesting 15 to talk about?

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Binston:

Then in "Fifteen Painted Cards From a Vampire Tarot" the deck SKIPS around a lot. Not sure why...just those were the most interesting 15 to talk about?

From the introduction of the UK edition of Smoke and Mirrors, where Neil has this to say on the story:

Fifteen Painted Cards From A Vampire Tarot

One day, perhaps, I'll finish the major arcana: seven cards and seven little stories, still to go. And then there's the minor arcana. You can draw your own pictures.

The last sentence is one to live life by.

As it's a Vampire Tarot, before reading the intros, I'd always taken it that the cards in the story had eaten the others.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Thanks for the replies. Yeah I saw he doesn't read them, but still. They are his message boards and I assume he reads them some. Imagine there are no replies as then everyone would expect them, and that is too time consuming. Still, if he does read them at least, then maybe he would see mine and finish out that Vampire Tarot deck. Loved the Magician Card. Thanks for the insights!

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post