Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Neil reading Fragile Things
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neil reading Fragile Things
 Login/Join

Picture of AprilReeve
posted
I started listening driving my son from Washington DC to Northern NJ because I thought he would like it, too. (He slept most of the way but has some memory of "A Study in Emerald" and enjoyed it.) Sometimes books read by the author are particularly enjoyable,as in this case - especially since some of these stories are from childhood and are presented with the proper accent. He sometimes does American accents - not great but not too anoying.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Neil is one of the rare writers who can read his own work and not make a person cringe!

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aitapata:
Neil is one of the rare writers who can read his own work and not make a person cringe!

I also found this to be the case with Philip Pullman who does an excellent job reading His Dark Materials. As the OP says, theres a definite bonus to hearing an author read their own work.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post