Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late to the Party
 Login/Join

posted
I have only just discovered Fragile Things (as a result of a mention on a blog dedicated to R.A. Lafferty). Reading "Harlequin Valentine" put me in mind to listen to the Modern Jazz Quartet's album "The Comedy," which was their interpretation of Italian Commedia Dell'arte. It has numbers named after the classical characters Columbine, Pulcinella, Pierrot, La Cantatrice, and of course Harlequin. "Harlequin" has a funky, bouncing rhythm with lots of unexpected mood changes. Have you ever listened to this album to see how well it fits your story? A very good fit to my mind. Thank you for this magnificent book!

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately those who are late to the party end up clearing up. Unless you've brought the Sunshine Band with you.

And Neil neither posts upon the forums nor reads them. But you can contact him via the FAQ section How To Contact Neil.

I like the way they fit in my mind, Jazz and Commedia Dell'arte, what with the improvising from familiar structure and character. Or riff and instrument. So I may well seek the album out. Thanks for bringing it up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cavenagh,

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8087 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I've learned the best way to contact Neil is by shouting extremely loud. He usually responds by not responding.

Posts: 32705 | Location: The Island of Misfit USB Peripherals | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I too will call that album up into my SPOTIFY queue and give it a spin!

Seems that the Harlequin that Mr. Neil put my head will get to dance again.

*Win

Posts: 2643 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Great music!

*thanks Spotify And KC for introducing me.
Now I feel like I'm not late to the party anymore.

Posts: 2643 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any simple way of contacting neil, whenever need.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely music. Thanks Spotify for this excellent music.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dweller in Darkness,

Posts: 1 | Location: 2131 Blackstone Landing Dr, Kissimmee, FL 34758 | Registered: January 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love music

Nights in Rodanthe

Posts: 1 | Location: usa | Registered: March 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i also love music

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post