Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the... Night of Dread Desire (Spoilers)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the... Night of Dread Desire (Spoilers)
 Login/Join

Picture of ZoneSeek
posted
Hah, Neil's title exceeds max subject length: Forbidden Brides of the Faceless Slaves in the Nameless House of the Night of Dread Desire

I liked it, and after "A Study in Emerald," I thought, hey, maybe Neil's writing good stuff again. But Neil's blog says the first version of Forbidden Brides was written in 1983.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
According to the blog, he wroote it way back when, an editor said it was bad, he found it again recently and reworked it as he typed it back in. In fact, there was a reference to it in Sandman! In Doll's House, Zelda's Dream is called Gothic Heroines Secret Brides Of The Faceless Slaves Of The Forbidden House Of The Nameless Night Of The Castle Of Dread Desire With Melmoth We Walk The Corridors Of Otranto (source: Sandman Companion p61)

You don't think Neil's been doing good work lately? Care to expand?

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of loryces
posted Hide Post
hey where can i find this story? or what book?

Posts: 9 | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
So far it's been published twice:
Gothic! edited by Deborah Noyes
The Best Fantasy Of 2004 edited by Karen Haber and Jonathan Strahan

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
You don't think Neil's been doing good work lately? Care to expand?

On Neil's worst day, he still couldn't write as badly as some losers I see on the bookshelves. Maybe I'd be happier if he started out with the books and then crescendoed with the graphic novels.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post