Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Fragile Things vs Smoke and Mirrors?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fragile Things vs Smoke and Mirrors?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all, only got around to reading fragile things today because i had a big backlog of books but cant put it down, it seems like the short story setup allows Neil to be nearly at his creative best. I was wondering then how Smoke and Mirrors stacks up? Because if its anywhere near as good as fragile things ill have to buy it tomorrow!

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you can compare the two, but I will say that Smoke and Mirrors has some very excellent material in there and you should, if you liked Fragile Things definitely read it.

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
speaks Sanskrit in three different languages
Picture of MichaelJOwens
posted Hide Post
Yes, Achnot, definitely get Smoke and Mirrors. It has possibly one of my favorite short stories by Neil, "Snow,Glass,Apples."

------------------------------
"I lost some time once; it's always in the last place you look for it."--Delirium

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
speaks Sanskrit in three different languages
Picture of MichaelJOwens
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the full text of "Snow, Glass, Apples." http://www.holycow.com/dreamin...s/snow-glass-apples/

------------------------------
"I lost some time once; it's always in the last place you look for it."--Delirium

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pachyderm
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed both collections but prefer Fragile Things

Posts: 14 | Registered: March 13, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beardedwordsmith
posted Hide Post
I have to land on Fragile Things, but it is close. I think A Study In Emerald and Monarch of the Glen make it for me Smile

----------------
Check out my book 'Strange Matters' on Amazon and Smashwords, a collection of short fantasy tales!

Posts: 7 | Location: Staffordshire, UK | Registered: May 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post