Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Stories I need--HELP!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stories I need--HELP!
 Login/Join

Red hair gives you wings!
posted
I know I'm a little late in being informed, but I JUST found out that Neil wrote a story for each of the girls on Tori's Strange Little Girls album, and that said stories were published in the SLG tourbook. I couldn't find this on E-bay.....is anyone willing to sell theirs, or can you tell me where I can get one, OR, would anyone be willing to type out the stories and emsil them or postmail them to me, and I'll pay you for it? Please let me know. Also, does ANYONE know any good ghost stories? Even Tori didn't have the answers, except to say that Neil might have some. Are there ghost stories of his that I've missed along the line?

Wow, that was long. Cookies and a flower to anyone who read through this post and is willing to reply to me.

There is a one-letter difference between Word and World. You change the Word, you change the World.

Posts: 8 | Location: Iowa City | Registered: March 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
OK, take a breath!
well, we're not fans of typing out his stories and sending them out, but you are in luck as the stories have been officially posted online here: http://www.hereinmyhead.com/neil/slg.html

Good ghost stories? You might want to ask down in the Other Writers forum. Neil did write a true ghost story call "Flints Of Memory Lane" originally published in Dancing In The Dark and reprinted in Neil's short story collection Adventures In The Dream Trade. He also write a fictional ghost story October In The Chair, which can be found in Conjuctions: 39: The New Wave Fabulists, Year's Best Fantasy 3, The Mammoth Book Of Best New Horror V.14, and The Locus Awards. Of course, ghosts appeared in his Sandman comics, most notably in Season Of Mists.
Of those, I'm rather fond of October In The Chair, though it's not strictly a horror tale

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
and you can still buy the tour book here

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
for future reference, Neil generally writes something for each of Tori's tour booklets. The one in Scarlet's Walk was a nice read

And lucky you - you hit on two moderator's obsessive hobbies at once! I'm a Gaiman freak and Aitapata is an Amos freakette!

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
has Neil ever done anything Star Wars or Dungeons and Dragons related? then you could tie Neil in with two of the mods secondary obsessesions....

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Neil's first published story, Featherquest, was published in a gaming magazine. He was also asked to write a D&D is Evil story but refused

posted Hide Post
wow...
there are also the American Gods items stated up for D&D, i guess

he's never done any Star Wars stuff, though? odd..

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
He did, I just had to check to make sure. There's a collaboration he did with Kim Newman and Eugene Byrne called Where Are The Now which explains what happened to old TV and Movie characters. One of the entries is for the Star Wars Gang.

posted Hide Post
Thanks to both of you, Gracious and Informed Moderators. I don't know how I've missed the fact that Neil writes for all of Tori's tourbooks...I guess I just haven't seen her in concert since Chiorgirl...I did meet her a few days ago though, so I really have no right to complain.

Is the Scarlet Walk story available online? And did he do one for Venus? Flowers and cookies for both of you.

There is a one-letter difference between Word and World. You change the Word, you change the World.

Posts: 8 | Location: Iowa City | Registered: March 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
It's not officially on the web that I know of. However, the Scarlet's Walk story was repinted in The Year's Best Fantasy And Horror V.16.
Let's see here....
Nothing for Little Earthquakes, just an introductioin in the Under The Pink book, for Pele he wrote a short story, for Choirgirl the tourbook reprinted Tori's cameo (as a tree) in Stardust, for Venus he write an intro, and for SLG and SW he wrote stories.
I am unaware of any other tourbooks, and haven't seen one for Beekeeper yet. Amy will tell us if there's anything else

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
He did, I just had to check to make sure. There's a collaboration he did with Kim Newman and Eugene Byrne called Where Are The Now which explains what happened to old TV and Movie characters. One of the entries is for the Star Wars Gang.

...wow

any good?

Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
You can buy the Scarlet's Walk program here

Just the text can be read here.

In the choirgirl book (the Plugged tour), they had a reprint of the tree bit from Stardust. You'll have to do ebay or the like to buy that one.

here's the thing he wrote for the To Venus and Back tourbook (again, you'll have to go to ebay for that one).

(this is the lovely little story he wrote for the Dew Drop Inn tour (Boys for Pele). Click on each of the images to enlarge the picture.

And this was the one for the Pink tour.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amy, I cannot thank you enough.

I love you. The kind of sincere and warming love that one feels for a truly helpful and wonderful stranger.

Flowers and cookies do not do you justice--I need to give you...the moon. That'll take some coaxing, but she'll come down if we tempt her enough. With raspberries--and really impressive light refractions.

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I'd be careful about bringing down the moon - it does terrible things to the weather, and Amy already lives in Florida :P

Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red hair big hat breathes fire breathes:
Amy, I cannot thank you enough.

I love you. The kind of sincere and warming love that one feels for a truly helpful and wonderful stranger.

Flowers and cookies do not do you justice--I need to give you...the moon. That'll take some coaxing, but she'll come down if we tempt her enough. With raspberries--and really impressive light refractions.

*does a fluttering bow*

No need to promise me the moon. Cheddar will suffice. Razz