Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    A question concerning the upcoming short story collection...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question concerning the upcoming short story collection...
 Login/Join

Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
Dunno about London's reasoning, but does anyone know if there's a place that lists the stories inside the book(s)? Kinda like a track list, I guess. I looked it up on amazon but couldn't find it.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Sure, here it is:
A Study In Emerald*The Fairy Reel*October In The Chair*The Hidden Chamber* Forbidden Brides...*The Flints Of Memory Lane*Closing Time*Going Wodwo*Bitter Grounds*Other People*Keepsakes & Treasures*Good Boys Deserve Favors*The Facts In The Case Of The Departure Of Miss Finch*Strange Little Girls*Harlequin Valentine*Locks*The Problem Of Susan*Instructions*How Do You Think It Feels*My Life*Fifteen Painted Cards From A Vampire Tarot*Feeders And Eaters*Diseasemaker's Croup*In The End*Goliath*Pages From A Journal...*How To Talk To Girls At Parties*The Day The Saucers Came*Sunbird*Inventing Aladdin*The Monarch Of The Glen
and the introduction includes The Map Maker (previously known as Ancient Emperor or Untitled by the few who've read it/heard it)

So, just one new story. For the UK edition, take out the stories that were in the UK edition of Smoke & Mirrors (as previously mentioned)

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
Perfecto! That's just what I was looking for.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
FT collects new stories published since the last collection. The only previously collected stories it has are the ones that appeared in the UK edition of S&M but not the US edition of S&M - I don't know if those stories will be in the UK edition of FT or not. None of the stories from AV are in the collection. FT has uncollected stories like "Sunbird" "Bitter Grounds" and "October In The Chair"

Graveyard book is N's next creepy young adult book, no firm release date yet

Oh, goodie. I loved October in the Chair and couldn't remember what it was called.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is fragel things ever going to come out in a small paperback form like most of neils novels in mass market? i like to get smaller cheaper books and don't think much of hardcover.

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
The trade will be out in October: amazon link
No word yet on pocket paperback. I seem to recall hearing short story collections don't do as well as novels in general, so it'd make sense they come out in the various formats slower. Smoke & Mirrors took 3 years to get a trade and another 4 after that to get a mass market. N has gained much popularity since then of course, and things are going faster, but my bet is it'll be awhile yet before the mass market - at least a year (that's with no inside knowledge of course)

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post