Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Tour Forum    Neil Speaking at University of Chicago
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neil Speaking at University of Chicago
 Login/Join

Scourge of the Lower East Side
Picture of Nel Gurgle
posted
April 19th and the tickets are going on Sale Monday 3/28...

Is anybody else going to try to go?

Just curious if I will run into any of the Midwestern boardmembers...

----------------------------
Official Pineapple Master General of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination

He said 'It's all in your head,' and I said, 'So's everything'
But he didn't get it....

Posts: 14738 | Location: 'burbs of Chicago | Registered: September 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
I will!

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, the University of Chicago is a place where I could do my phd...too bad I'm not starting this month...grrr...lucky midwesterners...

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the original crazy ratbastard
Picture of Lawerence McWhiskeyson
posted Hide Post
I went to buy tickets after work the day they went on sale but THEY WERE SOLD OUT!

Oh well, hopefully Neil's right and a venue change would open up more seats and tickets.

If you guys go, yell at me.

"Witches. Flying monkeys. I's never goin' take PCP again."

Posts: 1109 | Location: Elk Grove Village,IL | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll be there. I have four tickets and believe I am using them all, but if someone cancels on me at the last minute, I'll come here.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, using all four...

Anyhow, does anybody have any idea where I could find guidelines for the book signing? Just wondering if I can buy a book here and bring it there, or if I have to buy one at the signing (haven't been to a lot of signings, obviously).

Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Have you tried contacting the venue? Different places do different things, especially as this is a theatre, not a bookstore. (He came to my library once upon a time, and while we did have a table set up selling books, he signed anything and everything that night).

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I tried, but couldn't get in touch with anyone. It's something I only thought about recently. It was hard even getting tickets, as the number they posted on that web page the day they went on sale wasn't the right one. Ah, well. I have a book I'd like signed. If I have to buy another there, no big deal, I guess. I just hope they have all of his stuff available for purchase there if that's the case. I can see something like this, being in a museum and all, having a limited selection.

posted Hide Post
I'll be there; but I registered just for the purpose of background info on his visit today. He is actually getting a short-term residency here at the U of C, and one of the requirements is this lecture. My guess would be that they're not going to require anyone to buy anything, since this is an academic event.

Posts: 1 | Location: Chicago | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'll be there; but I registered just for the purpose of background info on his visit today. He is actually getting a short-term residency here at the U of C, and one of the requirements is this lecture. My guess would be that they're not going to require anyone to buy anything, since this is an academic event." DID you guys end up going, has he returned to Chicago University since, im a junior there and I would love to go, im sorry I missed it!

JenCAN
[url=http://link removed[/url]

from aitapata: banned for travel spam

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aitapata,

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many [url=link deleted]Chicago Tours/url] does he do a year? I've seen him speak before and he's very good. I hear they sell out really fast. Are there any on ebay or anything? Thanks,

-Jerry
[url=spam link deleted]Chicago/url]

FROM AITAPATA: TRAVEL SPAM IS NOT TOLERATED.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aitapata,

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
*big sheepish grin*

edit: oops, I meant to add a post not edit this one. *dope slaps self*

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Weeble,

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post