Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Tour Forum    Sydney Opera House
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sydney Opera House
 Login/Join

posted
Good evening!

I was one of the lucky few (2000 or so) to attend Mr Gaiman's reading at the Sydney Opera House last night. What a great experience!

The paintings, the string quartet (Fourplay) and Mr Gaiman's sultry speaking voice all came together in a beautifully fulfilling crescendo of word and art. In a word, rad. Even my Japanese friend with his limited grasp of the english language had a ball.

The only downside to the night was jostling with the cue jumpers, ala showbag pavillion at the Easter Show, when trying to buy some merch.

Thanks for coming Mr Gaiman. You are a word wizard. Please come again soon.

Posts: 3 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: August 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
I'm pleased to hear you had a good night.

Neil however does not read the board and if you want your message to reach him directly you'll have to send it here

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Way to kill the dream compadre!

The least you could have done is to sign up to the message boards under a pseudonym reminiscent of Mr Gaiman himself such as "The Messy Haired Master" or "Neil B. Awesomez!111". Then you should have carried on the charade until we became such great friends that in 12 years time you breach the inevitable "Ryan... there's something I need to tell you..." speech. By this time I would be the god father of "Mr Gaiman's" 3 children and convinced by you that I had been acknowledged in "Mr Gaiman's" newest book under what you claim to be my own pseudonym of "Lady Gertrude Botherington"...

I don't think that was too much to ask.

Posts: 3 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: August 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
He's back at the Opera House this Australia day, supporting Amanda Palmer. i'm not sure if i'll be there

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.co...goes_down_under.aspx

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post