New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Signing
 Login/Join

Picture of RubyWine
posted
Hi everybody! I'm so excited about Neil coming to London! My question to you fine people is, will you come in costume?

Neil on costumes

I think it would be a lot of fun to see the creativity that I'm sure a lot of you Gaiman-lovers possess!

All the best

/Anna (who will be coming all the way from Sweden to the signing!)

Posts: 11 | Registered: October 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
There will be people going in costume - come on over to the World's End and introduce yourself!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Trouble is Hive, (hello again by the way - lovely to meet you!) I don't think there's a thread for meeting up - there was a PM going on but even that has dried up. So if you're new I think it's tricky finding stuff like that - unless you read the shift thread every day!

Should we post about it on the Halloween thread or is that horrid for those not in the UK or going to the signing?

Hello RubyWine - I don't know how many of us are going but quite a few in costume - I can't decide if I really want to be Sweeney Todd or a witch (as I'm always a witch and am very comfortable in that attire and am not a man and feel like a freak in men's trousers and shirt)!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going, and I'm hopelessly overexcited already!

Is anyone going to Dave McKean's signing at Forbidden Planet first?

Posts: 1 | Location: Deepest Devon | Registered: October 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RubyWine
posted Hide Post
Me and my friends MIGHT come to the McKean-signing. We have to get our costumes ready ;D

-----------
It takes a graveyard to raise a child. - Neil Gaiman

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Did you go Rubywine? purple-pusscat? Did you go Hive? And what happened to manydjs?

Did you wait for hours for Neil to grump at you? Poor him. He looked so tired and fed up - a little different from the week before when he had just arrived in the UK all jetlagged and smiley. It is horrid having schedules messed around and then not get enough sleep. Enough to make anyone moody.

We queued pretty much without moving for two hours and then a lady from Blackwells noticed we had two 11 year old's with us and made us queue jump. I was rather embarrassed, because Mr Neil said as we arrived "Oh, queue jumpers" in a rather sarcastic tone. The girls had been so good and were waiting very patiently and would probably have waited another hour. I just hope it made him happy to notice my daughter wearing her Neverwear "Graveyard Book" t-shirt.

I had a terrible evening. We were late getting there because Mrs Lovett's hair wouldn't go right and her dress needed re-sewing. I forgot loads of stuff I was going to bring; the bribery chocolate for Dave McKean and the Sandman comics I wanted to bring for them both to sign, the red helium balloons I had bought specially, and a lovely crow I bought for Mr Neil as a present. We were late and couldn't sit with the other boardies which would have been lovely and then they sold out of the Graveyard Book that Dave McKean had illustrated by the time I went to buy one. So I had to buy the pre-signed £27 book instead. Well OK I didn't have to but he was there and I wanted it signed!

Sorry about that - should have gone to flame wars!

I hope your evening was good.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RubyWine
posted Hide Post
Hi Motley! Yeah, me and my friends did go. I was little dead riding-hood and my friends were 'psycho-alice' and 'snow-white who suffocated on her apple', haha.
We waited for a bit more than an hour, I think, but even though Neil was a bit grumpy, he was still very polite and seemed very happy about my gift to him (a Silas doll I painstakingly made, haha).

We had a nice evening, and even Dave McKean signed my Graveyard Book Smile

-----------
It takes a graveyard to raise a child. - Neil Gaiman

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
Did you go Rubywine? purple-pusscat? Did you go Hive? And what happened to manydjs?

Did you wait for hours for Neil to grump at you? Poor him. He looked so tired and fed up - a little different from the week before when he had just arrived in the UK all jetlagged and smiley. It is horrid having schedules messed around and then not get enough sleep. Enough to make anyone moody.

We queued pretty much without moving for two hours and then a lady from Blackwells noticed we had two 11 year old's with us and made us queue jump. I was rather embarrassed, because Mr Neil said as we arrived "Oh, queue jumpers" in a rather sarcastic tone. The girls had been so good and were waiting very patiently and would probably have waited another hour. I just hope it made him happy to notice my daughter wearing her Neverwear "Graveyard Book" t-shirt.

I had a terrible evening. We were late getting there because Mrs Lovett's hair wouldn't go right and her dress needed re-sewing. I forgot loads of stuff I was going to bring; the bribery chocolate for Dave McKean and the Sandman comics I wanted to bring for them both to sign, the red helium balloons I had bought specially, and a lovely crow I bought for Mr Neil as a present. We were late and couldn't sit with the other boardies which would have been lovely and then they sold out of the Graveyard Book that Dave McKean had illustrated by the time I went to buy one. So I had to buy the pre-signed £27 book instead. Well OK I didn't have to but he was there and I wanted it signed!

Sorry about that - should have gone to flame wars!

I hope your evening was good.

Manydjs was in bed dieing from the flu and being grumpy about not being there!

Posts: 499 | Registered: March 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post