Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Tour Forum    a "place that can be used to swap, sell, or otherwise dispose of or obtain tickets"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a "place that can be used to swap, sell, or otherwise dispose of or obtain tickets"
 Login/Join

Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted
As mentioned in Neil's blog :

quote:
Regarding tickets for the Toronto signing: There are two available! My fiance and I are unable to attend (much to our vast disappointment) and so we'd like our tickets to go to other fans instead of being wasted. My friend Sarah is holding them for me right now, and can be contacted at aldiwitchie@yahoo.com by anyone who's interested. These are signing tickets, not the general admission ones. I figured your blog would be the best place to advertise!

[neil] Actually, [the blog] isn't the best place to advertise, otherwise the blog would turn over the next few months into a place for people needing to shift tickets for events, clogging up everything else. But I'm happy to post yours as a way of pointing people to the places that can be used to swap, sell, or otherwise dispose of or obtain tickets and things:

http://www.neilgaimanboard.com/6/ubb.x is the forum/message board place of http://www.Neilgaiman.com. I met lots of the people who post there at Fiddler's Green last year and they are a fine, strange bunch.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/neil_gaiman/ is the LiveJournal community, while over on usenet, alt.fan.neil-gaiman is the haunt of the thingies: mad, bad and dangerous to gnaw.

All of these places will be good for those of you who have tickets to give to others, or to find other people going to the same events you are. Or to grumble that I never come and sign books in your country...[/neil]

We are starting this thread to accomodate requests from people to sell/give/barter/trade their tickets.

1. Please keep all ticket bartering to this one thread.

2. We are in no way responsible for any of the trades. If there's a flub-up, we'll be terribly sorry of course, but there's nothing at all we can do about it. Keep in mind this transaction will be between you and an unknown party, so act accordingly.

3. This is a public forum, viewable by *anyone*. This board is also googleable, so please be very cautious when you're posting information. We do not recommend posting your phone number or address. In fact, if we see that, we'll probably edit your post to take out that info.

How we suggest initiating contact for ticket swaps :

1. Create an account with the board.

2. Post what you have for where, and what you want for it. That's it. Don't post your full name or address or phone number. To reduce the risk of spambots roving our boards looking for email addresses to fill your inbox with unintelligable spam poetry, we also suggest typing your email address in the following format : emailID @ emailserver DOT com. (using mine as an example : aitapata @ gmail DOT com)

3. If you want to respond to the person posting the ticket information, we highly recommend that you start up a Private Message (PM) with them. A private message is a private topic viewable by only the folks invited to the PM. Not even mods can view that PM if we're not invited. PMs are not crawlable by google, and are guaranteed by Groupee to be utterly and completely private.

To start a private message :

a) Click on the member's name that's bolded in the left hand portion of this screen. (example, click on the bold "Aitapata" over my icon.)

b) A mini menu will show up with five options. Click on "Invite SoAndSo to a Private Topic." It's the option next to the yellow folder/key icon.

c) Type in subject and appropriate message, then click on "Post Now."

To view your Private Messages

a) Click on the "Go" tabe in the top left of the screen, then click on "My Space" (it pops up when your arrow is over "Go")

b) When you arrow over "My Space," another menu will pop up. Click on "Private Messaging." This will take you to all the Private Messages you have started and all the ones you have been invited to participate it.

To be notified of Private Messages:

a) Go > MySpace > Notifications

b) Click on "Private Messages"

c) Click on "Edit"

d) Here you can choose "Immediate Notification by Email." This will generate an email to be sent to the address you supplied for registration every time someone starts up a new Private Message with you. This will not generate an email for any following replies, unless you specificially choose the "Include Replies" option.

Setting up notifications is an easy way to be alerted when someone is interested in your tickets and ensures that you don't have to check the board every five minutes.

PLEASE notify myself or GMZoe or Dweller if your ticket is no longer available. We'll edit a note into your public post indicating this so you don't get bombarded with requests.

That said, if you *do* want to check the board every five minutes, you will be greeted with very friendly folks who will offer you gifts of red balloons and pies and the occasional llama.

This is where all the socializing goes on, so please feel free to drop by and say hello. (And, before you ask, NO, Neil does not post in the forums.)

Most frequently asked questions about the various functions of the board can be found here.
If you don't see your question there, please feel free to start up a new thread in the approrpriate forum, or to PM myself or GMZoe or Dweller In Darkness. You can also email me at aitapata @ gmail DOT com.

We are very most excited about Anansi Boys, and if you too want to share your excitment about the book, here's the place to go.

The full list of forum topics can be found here.

Whew. I think that's it. I need more coffee. Again, feel free to ask any questions of the mods. If there's anything at all that you need , just let us know.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
[hijack already]

quote:
I met lots of the people who post there at Fiddler's Green last year and they are a ..., strange bunch.

is this good??

hehe, i'll still say hi! from all of us when I get to the next signing Smile

[/early hijack]

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I should ask here then

Anyone have any spare tickets for the Manchester signing? Anyone at all? Pleeeeeeeeeease?

I booked 8 tickets for it which now, after so many unanswered phonecalls I've lost count have been sold on because I couldn't get through to the store to confirm payment. I've had a big expidition planned since Neil first announced the date which now apparently won't be happening...

so erm, yeah... anyone? I'll pay pretty much anything for them (within reason, I'm a poor starving student Smile) and will love you for ever and ever and ever and...

ahem, cheers anyway

Clare

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Someone has a Mirrormask London ticket here

If you're replying to that offer, do so here or PM Randall directly or email him.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Wolves in the Walls, tomorrow 13 April, 2.30pm, followed by an interview with Neil, to which he has cordially invited (via his blog) the audience to stick around.

Venue: Lyric threatre, which is about two mins walk from Hammersmith tube in West London.

I have two tickets, and it looks increasingly likely we won't be able to go (work and childcare clash, aaaargh...)

I haven't yet offered them back to the Lyric for resale, but if there is anyone on these boards who would like first dibs, please do send me a private message.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caravelle
posted Hide Post
Hello,

This is my first post on these boards, I hope it's okay. I've been a fan of Neil Gaiman's since I read Good Omens in high school and Neverwhere a bit later. I had been thinking of going to a booksigning with an author I love for a long time, so when I saw Neil was doing a talk and a booksigning in London on October 31st I jumped on the occasion and immediately bought a (non-refundable, expensive) train ticket to London !

Unfortunately, I hadn't thought of buying a ticket first, and they were sold out.

Now a trip to London is never wasted, but surely it would be EVEN LESS wasted if I could somehow get to see Neil ! Do you know anyone who has a spare ticket or two (I might bring a friend) for that event ?

Any help would be so very much appreciated !
Cheers ^^

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day; set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-- Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of guardian
posted Hide Post
Hey,

I was hoping that someone has a single spare ticket for the Friday 31st talk (Halloween) in London, I am desperately seeking one. Of course I am willing to pay extra for the ticket. Also, excellent bonus news, if you live in greater London/London I can pay for and collect the ticket anytime during the week, as long as you let me know the day before. This way you won't have to wait till the last minute to sell your ticket.

Thanks,

Guardian,

'So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.'
- Christopher Reeve

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington College, MD - Need 2 Tix Please!
I want to take my wife to see him for Mother's Day (We just had twins) but I seem to have just missed the mark, as it is sold out.
TIA
toffel @ comcast DOT net
Roll Eyes

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Washington College Tickets

I'm trying to get my hands on at least one Washington College event tickets. I'm a bit sad it's sold out because I wanted to at least attempt to get a copy of Blueberry Girl signed for my daughter.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Toffel and tconrad001, you may have already read Neils blog, but please see the thread below - it looks like places are available after all.

quote:
as posted by Neil on his blog:

And things have now changed: the venue is now in a 1000 seat location. Those of you who already have tickets will get to sit in the front few rows. Now new tickets will go out -- just turn up.

This is the link to the current sold out event, but it may have been fixed by the time you read this: http://www.pen.org/viewmedia.p...mMID/3190/prmID/1831

The email from Josh, who is running the event, says:

The event will now be held in the Cain Gymnasium, Washington College,
Chestertown, MD.

Same time and place. Reservations are not required.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi there,

I was hoping someone had a ticket for Neil Gaiman's talk at the Edinburgh International Book Festival, either his solo talk (19/08) or the one with Ian Rankin (20/08/09).
Please let me know if you do Wink

Thank you very much,

Best wishes,
guardian46664

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it” -- Terry Pratchett

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone have an extra ticket for Neil's talk at SINGAPORE WRITERS FESTIVAL, on October 31th and November 1st?Big Grin Help is very much appreciated.Smile

Please let me know if you do, or if you know someone who has it.

Cheers,
auri

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've one spare ticket for the Neil Gaiman event, 1 November, Singapore. >.<

(auri isn't going in the end)

somebody please take the ticket, i don't want it going to waste...

c[dot]01023x[at]live[dot]com[dot]sg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dethhart,

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for two tickets to the event at House on the Rock this halloween. I know this is in high demand and pricey but it would be an absolute dream to go. my Girlfriend is the biggest Gaiman fan I have encountered and unfortunately I had no idea about this event until now.

If you or *anyone* out there can help me find tickets to purchase for this naw sadly sold out event PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. I am pleading to you.

Thanks so much!
-Aaron

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I just joined this site.

I have one spare ticket to the House on the Rock American Gods Weekend this Halloween and I'm just asking for what I originally paid for it ($115). First come, first serve.

Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LaurenJ:
I have one spare ticket to the House on the Rock American Gods Weekend this Halloween and I'm just asking for what I originally paid for it ($115). First come, first serve.

Thanks.

Ditto to this, PM or email me if you would like the ticket.

halucinagenia [at] gmail

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi!

I have an extra ticket for the event in New York City April 27th where Mr. Neil Gaiman will read some of his work at the Symphony Space Opera.

Event: Magical Realism: The World of Marvelous Stories On: 04/27/11 07:00 PM at: Peter Jay Sharp Theater

It is in the center area, but pretty far away (row P)

The event is sold out since weeks.

It is a "student" or "thirty and under" ticket, which means you should either be 30 or under, or have a valid student ID.

I am giving it for 20$, or I am willing to exchange both my tickets for a much nearer single ticket.

Please send me a private message with an email to contact you.

Thank you!

To start a private message :

a) Click on the member's name that's bolded in the left hand portion of this screen. (example, click on the bold "Aitapata" over my icon.)

b) A mini menu will show up with five options. Click on "Invite SoAndSo to a Private Topic." It's the option next to the yellow folder/key icon.

c) Type in subject and appropriate message, then click on "Post Now."

To view your Private Messages

a) Click on the "Go" tabe in the top left of the screen, then click on "My Space" (it pops up when your arrow is over "Go")

b) When you arrow over "My Space," another menu will pop up. Click on "Private Messaging." This will take you to all the Private Messages you have started and all the ones you have been invited to participate it.

To be notified of Private Messages:

a) Go > MySpace > Notifications

b) Click on "Private Messages"

c) Click on "Edit"

d) Here you can choose "Immediate Notification by Email." This will generate an email to be sent to the address you supplied for registration every time someone starts up a new Private Message with you. This will not generate an email for any following replies, unless you specificially choose the "Include Replies" option.

Setting up notifications is an easy way to be alerted when someone is interested in your tickets and ensures that you don't have to check the board every five minutes.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've a made a terrible mistake - I needed two tickets to see Neil at the National Press Club June 23rd, and bought one ticket and one book, thinking that the book included a ticket. So please PM me if you've got an extra ticket, and I'll pay you for it, or trade the book.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
I have an extra ticket to craig ferguson with gaiman if anybody wants it

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 tickets to see Neil Gaiman with Audrey Niffenegger at the Edinburgh International book festival if anyone wants them. I can't go now because its my dads 50th birthday party that day.

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post