Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  Tour Forum    NY Comic CON 2008
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NY Comic CON 2008
 Login/Join

posted
How Awesome would it be if this year Neil was the guest of Honor? Last year they had Stan Lee,...

THis year?

http://www.nycomiccon.com/App/homepage.cfm?moduleid=2577&appname=100453
NY Comic COn 2008 ff

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Animalin
posted Hide Post
Yay, I got tickets for "An evening with Neil Gaiman" for me and my husband for Friday the 18th of April. Can't wait!!!

Malin

"Nothing is impossible, miracles just take a little longer"

Posts: 56 | Location: Norwalk, CT | Registered: October 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Hope this year's is better. Another poster on here went to their first one and thought it was really poorly organized for attendee logistics.

Heh. Reading their FAQs:

quote:
CAN I BRING A SWORD? CAN I BUY A SWORD?
If you're bringing, buying, or selling something that could maim, damage, or cause serious bodily harm, we're going to take issue. Please read our Costume Weapon Policy and Weapon Sales Policy before attending or exhibiting at New York Comic Con with a weapon.

Hehehehehe.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Animalin
posted Hide Post
Hehe
My husband has done Live Action Role Playing for over 10 years, so all out swords, daggers, shields and costumes are all cool...LOL

Not that I am planning to go in costume. Did that for the NY Ren Fair last summer outside of Tuxedo and it was a blast (and comfortable, since it was outdoors and we were dead lucky with the weather.)

I read that they are still looking for volunters for the NYCC and if it had been closer to my medical refills I would have signed up.
Tata
Malin

"Nothing is impossible, miracles just take a little longer"

Posts: 56 | Location: Norwalk, CT | Registered: October 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't. Blink.
Picture of Ava
posted Hide Post
I am quite possibly going to this. I haven't decided for sure yet. I really want to now that they have announced a couple of new things.

-------------------------------

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1870 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
oh my fucking god. I need to conference with the husband about this. *hyperventilates*

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't. Blink.
Picture of Ava
posted Hide Post
I am determined to go. I am still arranging things to make it possible.

-------------------------------

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1870 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
Gaiman + Hader = win ^_^

So here I am, at the last minute, deciding to go to this! Living near D.C. means I can catch a $20 bus to NYC ten times a day with no advance sale, so it enables procrastinators like me.

Anyone going who has a hotel room floor I can crash on? I can't catch a bus home until 7:30am the next morning.

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I'm almost 3 hours north or I'd offer up my place. Frown Sorry, DanGuy, I hope someone comes through for you.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dan Guy...why not just crash on Neil's floor, or couch? Doesn't he get like a suite or something? You are his webgoblin for silly sake!

Posts: 12 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to purchase a VIP ticket for tomorrow and I can't! The customer service closed at 5, and sales end at midnight. Anyone have any advice??? Frown

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
I found a room! Not with Neil, though. ^_^

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
k8et - Last I checked there were still VIP tickets available, and I'm sure they will be happy to sell you one on site. You might try emailing info@cbldf.org ASAP.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dan Guy,

posted Hide Post
Hey Dan! What had me stressed was the message that the VIP tickets were web only ;o) I managed to get through to someone and I went! It was great!!

I met another VIP and got his email to send pictures, but the email is bouncing back to me (despite the fact that i showed him what i entered in my phone, to proof read!)

If anyone on here is or knows Pete who was at the VIP reception, please get in touch with me.

Short report (i was offline all weekend) and photos:
http://www.k8et.com
http://flickr.com/photos/k8et/sets/72157604616967265/

(The missing Pete is in a red/black top and baseball hat behind Neil sketching in the book)

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
thanks for sharing k8et.

that perfume sounds yummy!

dan guy - you may want to take your phone number down now...

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the photos k8et! The NYC ones over the water are lovely.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left one of my [url=http:/link removed.php]Los Angeles Vacation Rentals[/url] and headed to the big apple to stay in a [url=http:link removed.php] Discount Hotel New York City[/url] is full of them. We were so excited to find one at such a good rate and really had a blast at the NY Comic CON!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aitapata,

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have picked a lovely time to go, i have put a link for a great website to get [url=lik removed]Broadway Show Tickets[/url], where you will be able to find out everything you need to know, the people on there are lovely Smile. It was godsend in helping me get tickets before i went on my trip to New York last October.

Elise
[url=http:link removed[/url]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aitapata,

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
Picture of Mean Old Man
posted Hide Post
So nice of you lovely people to drop in with your suggestions!

Posts: 1154 | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the ones above, but even us evil spambots can like Neil Gaiman. American Gods is one of my favorite books, enjoyed Anansi Boys too, though after American Gods it felt like it could have had a little more scope, if that makes sense?

I had the privilege of seeing him at the 'spot light on' panel at the SD comic con last year and it was great (the format is, the person the spot light is on has to stand up there and talk for a couple of hours, which he apparently didn't know before coming. Still he handed it with grace). If he is at the NY CC and any of you haven't had the opportunity to see him, go for it. He is extremely funny in person.

T.M. Epps
Evil spam bot and Neil Gaiman fan
New York Hotel Wink

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post