Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Movie theatre etiquette
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theatre etiquette
 Login/Join

half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
so, i don't know how many people live near a drive-in, as i understand they're kind of rare nowadays, but anyway: i cannot stand when people arrive late and drive in with their headlights still on!! this happened last week, and they drove up and down three aisles PAST AVAILABLE SPOTS and every time they turned their headlights shone on the screen, it was so obnoxious! at least when they finally parked a large group of people went and stood in front of their car and blocked their view, which i thought was kind of fitting justice Big Grin

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
speaks Sanskrit in three different languages
Picture of MichaelJOwens
posted Hide Post
What the hell is up with people in front of you in the ticket purchasing line? It's like they suddenly lose all brain function. Oh, I need money to pay for this? Oh, what movie were we going to see? In accordance with Murphy's law, this behavior is usually exhibited when you are late for the show.

------------------------------
"I lost some time once; it's always in the last place you look for it."--Delirium

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
*eats chili an hour before the movie*

*plays Flight of the Bumblebee with his butt trumpet*

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
I wish I had have seen this last December, but I'll add it now...DO NOT TAKE YOUR 5 YEAR OLD CHILD TO A MOVIE WITH A RAPE SCENE IN IT!

that was last year with the girl with the dragon tattoo...the scene was messed up enough without a small child directly behind me asking his parents what the man was doing to the woman in the movie

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
I wish I had have seen this last December, but I'll add it now...DO NOT TAKE YOUR 5 YEAR OLD CHILD TO A MOVIE WITH A RAPE SCENE IN IT!

that was last year with the girl with the dragon tattoo...the scene was messed up enough without a small child directly behind me asking his parents what the man was doing to the woman in the movie

What? They don't have minimum ages in Canadian cinemas?

(I think the only exceptions here are the under-12-months in special mother-and-baby screenings, where it is assumed that the baby will neither notice nor care what is going on on the screen.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was rated 18A here, meaning that as long as they're accompanied by someone 18 years or older they can get in

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
it was rated 18A here, meaning that as long as they're accompanied by someone 18 years or older they can get in

*headdesk*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agreed smaug...i actually talked to the manager at the theatre. i usually dont care, but having the kid right behind me was really awkward

the only response i got was that as long as the people they came with were over 18 it was out of their hands...thanks a lot