www.NeilgaimanBoard.com
Movie theatre etiquette

This topic can be found at:
http://neilgaimanboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/465601826/m/145102564

August 05, 2011, 02:28 PM
kalypses
Movie theatre etiquette
so, i don't know how many people live near a drive-in, as i understand they're kind of rare nowadays, but anyway: i cannot stand when people arrive late and drive in with their headlights still on!! this happened last week, and they drove up and down three aisles PAST AVAILABLE SPOTS and every time they turned their headlights shone on the screen, it was so obnoxious! at least when they finally parked a large group of people went and stood in front of their car and blocked their view, which i thought was kind of fitting justice Big Grin
October 13, 2011, 02:21 PM
MichaelJOwens
What the hell is up with people in front of you in the ticket purchasing line? It's like they suddenly lose all brain function. Oh, I need money to pay for this? Oh, what movie were we going to see? In accordance with Murphy's law, this behavior is usually exhibited when you are late for the show.

------------------------------
"I lost some time once; it's always in the last place you look for it."--Delirium

October 14, 2011, 04:38 PM
Furious
*eats chili an hour before the movie*

*plays Flight of the Bumblebee with his butt trumpet*
November 06, 2012, 11:02 PM
that scott guy
I wish I had have seen this last December, but I'll add it now...DO NOT TAKE YOUR 5 YEAR OLD CHILD TO A MOVIE WITH A RAPE SCENE IN IT!

that was last year with the girl with the dragon tattoo...the scene was messed up enough without a small child directly behind me asking his parents what the man was doing to the woman in the movie

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-
November 07, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hive
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
I wish I had have seen this last December, but I'll add it now...DO NOT TAKE YOUR 5 YEAR OLD CHILD TO A MOVIE WITH A RAPE SCENE IN IT!

that was last year with the girl with the dragon tattoo...the scene was messed up enough without a small child directly behind me asking his parents what the man was doing to the woman in the movie

What? They don't have minimum ages in Canadian cinemas?

(I think the only exceptions here are the under-12-months in special mother-and-baby screenings, where it is assumed that the baby will neither notice nor care what is going on on the screen.)

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama
November 07, 2012, 11:06 PM
that scott guy
it was rated 18A here, meaning that as long as they're accompanied by someone 18 years or older they can get in

November 08, 2012, 10:45 AM
Smaug
quote:
Originally posted by that scott guy:
it was rated 18A here, meaning that as long as they're accompanied by someone 18 years or older they can get in

*headdesk*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?
November 11, 2012, 12:07 AM
that scott guy
agreed smaug...i actually talked to the manager at the theatre. i usually dont care, but having the kid right behind me was really awkward

the only response i got was that as long as the people they came with were over 18 it was out of their hands...thanks a lot