Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    song lyrics that piss you off
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

song lyrics that piss you off
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted
quote:
Artist: Sandi Thom
Song : I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)
Lyrics:

hmmm, okay, lets give it a chance...

quote:
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair,

punk rockers didn't wear flowers in their hair, you'd get kicked to shit of all the 'real' punk rockers.

quote:
In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air,

yeah, but it didn't fucking happen did it

*can you tell this song is getting to me already*

quote:
I was born too late to a world that doesn't care,

what!

like it ever fucking did!

quote:
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.

*shakes head*

quote:
When the head of state didn't play guitar,

this was good? bad? hang on, i though you wanted shiny happy!

quote:
Not everybody drove a car,

and it took much longer to do anything/get anywere/see friends/get to work/get home from work!!

quote:
When music really mattered and when radio was king,

hang on! music never mattered...and i thought you'd just been pissed off that "the head of state plays guitar"!

and why was radio being king a good thing, there's some damn good radio, but there's some damn good tv too.

quote:
When accountants didn't have control,

erm, yes we did Wink

quote:
And the media couldn't buy your soul,

erm, okay, that's why there was advertisments and we all "for mash ate smash"

quote:
And computers were still scary and we didn't know everything

and at what point are EITHER of these 2 things good *hugs computer* and is please she knows stuff so she can damn well do something about it...ohhh, are we talking revelution here?

*actually,no i'm not, but that's because i'm not idealistic!*

quote:

*thinks again about other punks reactions to this, yeah sandi, go for it.*

quote:

and could that be....becuase it wasn't fucking perfect then either??

quote:

*sighs* you're right, i don't care about your little paranoia's

quote:
When popstars still remained a myth,

*rolls eyes*

quote:
And ignorance could still be bliss,

hang on, ignorance was bliss, but we wanted a revelution to change the world, that we knew nothing about...this girl really knows what she wants!

quote:
And when God Save the Queen she turned a whiter shade of pale,

okay, whatever (yes, i know its 2 lots of song lyrics from the year 77 & 69 but...whatever!

quote:
When my mom and dad were in their teens,

and...so fucking what!

quote:
And anarchy was still a dream,

okay sandi, now you've confused me, to you want a revelution and anarchy or not...and do you really really think there's not young kids today dreaming that same foolish dream that anarchy will set them free

quote:
And the only way to stay in touch was a letter in the mail.

yeah, cos i'm really really hating being able to do this, and to chat to you all via IM.

quote:

lets not go there again shall we?

quote:
When record shops were on top,

because we all like the fact that they have a monopoly

quote:
and vinyl was all that they stocked,

yeah, throw out that evil cd player and hevean please get rid of that mp3 play that gives us the freedom to listen to music as and when we like!

quote:
and the super info-highway was still drifting out in space,

yeah, because of ignorance being bliss and all.

i'm still deciding what is anoying me more, the rose tinted view of the past or the love of being stupid and not knowing shit¬!

quote:
kids were wearing hand-me-downs,

and getting the piss taken out of them, and being uncomfortable because they didn't fit properly!

quote:
And playing games meant kick arounds,

do you know how much each and every one of them would have killed for a playstation!

quote:
And footballers who had long hair and dirt across their face.

what! is this a george best v beckenham - i'll have to leave that to someone else to argue out...i suspect footballs are and always were arrogent fucks.

quote:

i wish you were too, just so i could laugh my tits off at the reactions you would get...in fact, be one, there's nothing stopping you!

quote:

oh fuck and off - it NEVER EVER cared, and please, don't kid yourself otherwise.

*rant over*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stole the last root beer
Picture of Mischief the Polarbear
posted Hide Post
glad you got that off your chest?

oh, and though i'm not going to labour the point, it's been done to death, but Alanis Morissette, with the ironically titled Ironic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(terms and conditions apply)

Posts: 8804 | Location: where do you think, you idiot? | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misused handkerchief mender
Picture of SGT Crash
posted Hide Post
When I saw the thread title, This is what came to mind.

"You guys are nuts" Homer Jay Simpson

Head of the Department of Theoretical and Advanced Methods of Procrastination and Overseer of Laziness Studies at the UUP

Posts: 3647 | Location: Bottom of a bottle of Mt. Dew | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
I know it's supposed to be all romantic and stuff, but I've always hated it SO much...

quote:
Dont go changing, to try and please me

Who says I'm chaging only to please you?

quote:
You never let me down before
Dont imagine youre too familiar
And I dont see you anymore

I wasn't until you brought it up...

quote:
I wouldnt leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, Ill take the bad times

So, are you implying there's bad times coming? Why exactly?
quote:
Ill take you just the way you are

Oh, thanks so much for your patronising, paternalist love, I feel so much better now...

quote:
Dont go trying some new fashion

Why not? What if I WANT to?

quote:
Dont change the color of your hair

I happen to love changing the colour of my hair...

quote:
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care

I guess that make sit alright, then. Gee, stupid me, wanting my man to SHOW his love instead of just feeling it while acting distant...

quote:
I dont want clever conversation

Then you're losing your time here, pal, I think you should go get yourself a bimbo somewhere else...

quote:
I never want to work that hard

So that's it... Yo're stupid, so you want a stupid girl...

quote:
I just want someone that I can talk to

Get a dog.

quote:
I want you just the way you are.

No, you don't. Coz I change my hair, my fashion and I'm clever. You want an inmutable stupid perosn who'lllisten to your stupid talk and not try to outsmart you.

quote:
I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew

Oh, that's a nice one. So it's security and reliability that you want, not ME as an individual...

quote:
What will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you.

I don't think you're believeing much in me either... Uless my believe you mean 'rely'.

quote:
I said I love you and thats forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are.

So you said you loved me and now I HAVE to love yo back and I'm not even allowed to change or evolve coz you need me to stay the same and love you stupidly? Don't think so...

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Wow, I thought I was the only one who mocked lyrics all the time. Wink

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Istanbul was never Constantinople. They lied.
Picture of Cyan Dream
posted Hide Post
i'm not going to bother to repeat them here, since they're so unavoidable that i'm pretty sure everyone's heard them (and consider yourself blessed if you haven't), but the lyrics to "my humps" by black eyed peas make me feel nauseated. besides the superficiality, manipulation, and mindless spending present in most of the lyrics, the description of the female body as being full of "humps" and "lumps" - even if they're "lovely lady lumps" - makes women sound like they're made of cottage cheese. eugh.

inagreyplace + colour theory.

Posts: 3426 | Location: purgatory, USA. | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wild horses did drag her away, once - long story
Picture of the madness of queen monk
posted Hide Post
The song "You Look Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. I fucking HATE that piece of crap. Hate. How the man who wails on "Layla" (love that one as much as I hate the other) can also sing "Wonderful Tonight" makes no sense to me at all. I also hate Bob Dylan's "Lay Lady Lay." The thought alone brings bile to my throat.

Wow, I feel better! Big Grin

"this whole blonde doctor situation has me mortified"
---
and I don't normally advocate music I love, but go see www.myspace.com/umbrellatree and thank me later!

Posts: 1540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL at all the posts. This made me smile. But you must agree the all time worst lyrics to a chart topper as to be "Afternoon Delight" by the Starland Vocal Band. I'm a big fan of cheesey music (I BOUGHT a copy of David Hasselhoff Sings America.) But really, I mean:

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight
My motto's always been when it's right, it's right
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night?
When everythings a little clearer in the light of day
And we know the night is always gonna be here anyway

Thinkin of you's workin up an appetite looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbing sticks and stones together makes the sparks ignite
And the thought of loving you is getting so excitin

Skyrockets in flight, afternoon delight
Afternoon delight, afternoon delight

(Oh, it gets worse. Here comes the second verse!)

Started out this morning feeling so full of light
I always thought a fish could not be caught who didn't bite
But you got some bait awaiting and I think I might
Like havin a little afternoon delight

Sky rockets in flight.....

Please forgive me if I got a few of the word wrong, but it really couldn't hurt the song.
Smile

Posts: 26 | Location: New York | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkgrr:
The song "You Look Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. I fucking HATE that piece of crap. Hate.

Why? It's only a lovely romantic song about a guy who kind of ignores his wife by mindlessly repeating the same unoriginal compliment over and over again, exhibits heramong his friends and then he gets drunk so she has to drive him home and put him to bed! Lovely, I say Roll Eyes

(First time I ever heard it I love dit only becaus ejeremy Irons was singing it. But than I paid mroe atention.

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
(even though personally i'd pro'lly love even britney spear's one more time if jeremy irons were singing it...)

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
Pulp do a cover of 'One more time' and I love the song because of that, so...

Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
You know, Ms. Spears has some pretty good songwriters. I actually really like "Toxic" when she's not the one singing it. I'm afraid I just can't get behind "One more time" though.

The song that pisses me off? "Don't you Wish your Girlfriend was Hot Like Me" by the Pussycat Dolls. What an utterly disrespectful song, to the guy she's singing to, to his girlfriend, and to the person singing it. When Heineken started using it in their commercials, I decided I wouldn't ever buy that beer again.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I HATE that song. What I hate even more is when women talk about how the song's "empowering" because it shows a woman "embracing her sexuality." Growl.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Spin Doctors : Two Princes. Dunno why, but that song always got me angry.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
J.Lo's "Ain't It Funny" has a number of lyrics that are quite wretched, including a misuse of the word "ironic" and such overblown lines as "I'd live a thousands lives/Each one with you right at my side." And I won't even talk about the BeeGeesesque chorus.

The line that always gets me is "But yet we find ourselves in a less than perfect circumstance," sung as though it's the great tragedy of our time. I mean, this is a song about ROMANCE, and the worst thing they can say is that their circumstances are less than perfect. Oh, the tradegy, oh the humanity. Good grief.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
really is wicked
Picture of St.Barbarella
posted Hide Post
The two songs that realllllly piss me off, are Eamon's - Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back) and the reply song, Frankee's (Fuck you Right Back) song.

Never, have I read such a terrible terrible reply to anything!

Eamon says:
quote:

See, I dont know why I liked you so much
I gave you all, of my trust
I told you, I loved you, now thats all down the drain
Ya put me through pain, I wanna let u know how I feel

Frankee says:
quote:

(You know there is two sides to every story)

Oooh, that's nice, so what is it? Did you just fall in love with someone else? Did he spend more time with his electric train set?
quote:
See I don't know why you cryin' like a bitch
Talkin' shit like a snitch
Why you write a song 'bout me
If you really didn't care
You wouldn't wanna share
Tellin' everybody just how you feel

Confused That's your reply?? Riiiiight....

Eamon says:
quote:

Fuck what I said it dont mean shit now
Fuck the presents might as well throw em out
Fuck all those kisses, they didn't mean jack
Fuck you, you hoe, I dont want you back

That's understandable, I mean, she sounds a bit funny already...

Frankee says:
quote:

Fuck what I did was your fault somehow
Fuck the presents, I threw all that shit out
Fuck all the cryin' it didn't mean jack
Well guess what yo, fuck you right back

????????? - Has she been taking lessons from Bart Simpson? "I didn't do it, it was like that when I got here!"

It's the best line in the whole song though, not only is it his fault...but, somehow it is his fault. Somehow!!

Eamon says:
quote:

You thought, you could
Keep this shit from me, yeah
Ya burnt bitch, I heard the story
Ya played me, ya even gave him head
Now ya askin for me back
Ya just another act, look elsewhere
Cuz ya done with me

Frankee says:
quote:

You thought you could really make me moan
I had better sex all alone (ha ha ha ha)
I had to turn to your friend
Now you want me to come back
You must be smokin' crack
Im goin' else where and thats a fact

Roll Eyes

Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho HO!

Eamon says:
quote:

Ya questioned, did I care
You could ask anyone, I even said
Ya were my great one
Now its, over, but I do admit I'm sad.
It hurts real bad, I cant sweat that, cuz I loved a hoe

Frankee says:
quote:

You questioned did I care
Maybe I would have if you woulda gone down there
Now it's over
But I do admit i'm glad I didn't catch your crabs
I can't sweat that cause I got to go

Ah, crabs......it was all about the crabs.

-----------------------------

St.Barbarella:
Sexy Tart.
Buys Ale, Reads Books, And Really Enjoys Leaving Lovers Aching - JP

yes, University is all about incontinence - Mythos

You are a Tradesman. Long before labor unions, your guilds were powerful enough to make a free-market capitalist run away screaming. Who controls the British Crown? Who keeps the metric system down? You do, you do.

Posts: 11561 | Location: ooop norrff | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
Talkin of J. Lo, 'Jennny from the block' is a insult to the world in general. Yeah, right, li'l ole Jenny, hasn't changed a bit, has she? Gimme a break... Roll Eyes

has a beaver that talks
Picture of supersnazz: fiend for rawk!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cloverheart:
quote:
Originally posted by monkgrr:
The song "You Look Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. I fucking HATE that piece of crap. Hate.

Why? It's only a lovely romantic song about a guy who kind of ignores his wife by mindlessly repeating the same unoriginal compliment over and over again, exhibits heramong his friends and then he gets drunk so she has to drive him home and put him to bed! Lovely, I say Roll Eyes

(First time I ever heard it I love dit only becaus ejeremy Irons was singing it. But than I paid mroe atention.

Started out as a song about how his wife was really slow. At least, that's what I've come to understand.

The Musics: Mr. Fusion
The Writing: CBLDF Embloggenings

Posts: 15711 | Location: A few miles west of crazy... | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maffy
posted Hide Post
Well that Eamon--Frankee song did piss me off. But what I hate the most? PARIS HILTON! I mean, stop already! Stars are blind?! Helloooo?!/! Stars don't even have eyes. Stupid bitch.

Posts: 16 | Location: Quezon City, Philippines | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Ah... finally. *This* i need to get off my chest.
quote:

Sometimes its hard to be a woman

At *least* once a month, if not more...
quote:

Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times

Ahem?
quote:

Doing things that you don't understand

I can outgeek *you*! yes *you*! And i *like* computers! And races! And ... well maybe not soccer. But i can sure drink a beer!
And .. Don't even *think* about cheating either!
quote:

But if you love him you'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand

*if* he tries to explain, and then again... depends. What's he done now?
quote:

And if you love him
Oh be proud of him
'Cause after all he's just a man

Yeaaaaah *drips sarcasm* poor little guy. And i should be proud of ... ? What exactly? Just him being a man?
quote:

Stand by your man

I'll try...
quote:

Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely

And who do i come home to? Huh? If he's always out doing things i "don't understand"?!
quote:

Stand by your man

I'm getting serious doubts...
quote:

And tell the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can

Well yeah, if he's nice to me, mostly!
And *none* of that "things that you don't understand" buisiness.
quote:

Stand by your man
Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

Enough already! Sheesh!

*phew* what a relief.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Punkyfins,

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post