Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    The "Oh my God I STILL need to get laid" Thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The "Oh my God I STILL need to get laid" Thread
 Login/Join

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
i have layage waiting for me at home and i can't leave work yet!!! Mad

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
little. yellow. different
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eldi:
Sorry to hear that Ava. I'm going on a date with a girl from OKcupid next weekend, hopefully, but i doubt it will lead to sex. I suck at making advances and tend to move too slowly for my companions.

It comes of being taught to be respectful to women, I'm so respectful I barely speak to them.

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3190 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Same here. Moving too quickly feels seedy, sordid, and corny. I feel ridiculous doing it.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35347 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
May I ask - do you ask the girls if you can kiss them? Believe it or not, many women find that endearing. I did, the few times it happened to me. (One was a come-on and I was desperate enough that he got laid and the other one... well, eventually I married him Smile)

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
At what point?

The one time I have done that I was already in the relationship and it was one of the things brought up in the tirade when she dumped me.

Oh you young people. It's all tea and muffins and excitement in your world I expect.

Posts: 3190 | Location: Wolverton, Buckinghamshire, UK | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
at the first point, i would say. maybe not the exact first point that you want to, but the first point that you start to feel your interest may be reciprocated. i've been asked before, and it's sweet

(for the record, i do not ask. i pounce. usually after large quantities of vodka)

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Psi
posted Hide Post
I know, I was kind of being sarky. To be honest I can't remember, the last person I kissed before my most recent (only real) relationship where we had already established it would be ok, was in 1993.

posted Hide Post
I don't, I just read the signs and if things are looking good, go for it.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Bristol | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
May I ask - do you ask the girls if you can kiss them? Believe it or not, many women find that endearing.

Not really. It wouldn't work anyway.

Fion - how do you know your interest is reciprocated?

I've never, ever been correct in assuming interest is reciprocated, and I've had enough of looking the desperate fool for sticking my neck out.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35347 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
um, again see the above re: pouncing after vodka. i wouldn't really say i'm the best person to ask.

but, speaking off the cuff, i'd say...

if every time you see each other you get on really well, or find yourself talking solely to each other to exclusion of the other people there
if she initiates conversation or meetings or asks you if you're going to some party or other
if she looks into your eyes when she talks to you/playfully touches your arm (much as i hate that phrase i cant think of a better way to phrase it)
if she laughs at your jokes even when you don't think you're being particularly funny

that's way more than enough to risk it, i'd say

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who has that song from The Little Mermaid as an earworm? Smile

Yeah, OK, both times I was asked it was after a date, so the "timing" was appropriate.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
which song? i don't have any songs in my head..

posted Hide Post
Hypothetical situation:
You bump into a girl who was in your tutor group in college in a club. You dance with them and their friends, in a friendly kind of way, chat briefly and add them on facebook. You send a plain 'hi, how are you, have fun last night' message on their wall, but they don't reply. However, you bump into them at the same club the next week and they pull you over and grin when they see you. You talk about books and comics (having a shared appreciation of Gaiman, Pratchett and 2000 AD) and all seems agreeable. Later when dancing you say you might start coming to the club more regularly, and she says in your ear 'come and see me'. You make her laugh and a fair few times she takes you by the hand while she simply gestures to most other people. You think that because she's drunk, you don't want to make advances as you might be exploiting her, or she might regret it, and you don't want it to be a one-time thing. However, the only contact you have other than the club is Facebook, but she doesn't seem to reply very often, and you worry that all the friendliness is just that, amplified by drink. Is that being paranoid?

Posts: 1257 | Location: Bristol | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
Syme, maybe she just doesn't remember to look on Facebook much?

Do you have her number?

Fion: I could count the first one, but that's something good friends do too - in my experience. The others don't happen to me.

---

posted Hide Post
Good point, but Facebook's so far the only sober contact I have. No number yet. Perhaps next time.

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
1) sure, it could be amplified by drink. But still, there's something there you can build on.
2) Well, go where she is likely to be and then ask her for her number!!! Dude!

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
yes, get the digits. then maybe you can interact with her at some point without the overwhelming influence of her buzz.

quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Am I the only one who has that song from The Little Mermaid as an earworm? Smile

hell. no.

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't. Blink.
Picture of Ava
posted Hide Post
That little mermaid song... man you should see my impression of the frogs - I think I almost made Lady K pee herself laughing.

-------------------------------

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1870 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Syme:
Good point, but Facebook's so far the only sober contact I have. No number yet. Perhaps next time.

She may simply detest using Facebook. Get her number.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
*climbs walls*

Posts: 499 | Registered: March 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post