Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Suicidal thread
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suicidal thread
 Login/Join

stole the last root beer
Picture of Mischief the Polarbear
posted Hide Post
Oh Hal, that sucks. Very sorry to hear about this. It's gotta suck havin this strike again after a long period of not.

add my big hugs to the collective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(terms and conditions apply)

Posts: 8804 | Location: where do you think, you idiot? | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Punkyfins:
Hal:
I've been thinking and thinking about this. How can one deal with the spiral? How do i deal with it? How do i get out of the times when i feel like a rabbit in headlights unable to breathe, much less move?

And the only thing i can come up with, is probably the lamest advice ever. But for what it's worth here it is:

Start somewhere. Anywhere.
Make a deal with yourself about something, anything. Whether it be writing a diary, having lunch every day, finding some structure in going to bed/getting up. As specific as you can make it. (So not 'get more structure' but, for instance, 'at 14:00 make lunch')
Write it down. One thing or two at a time. And then do it.
Don't think.

What's helped me the most is the 'don't think' bit. Get up off the chair/couch/out of bed and go to the shower and shower. Don't think about it. Don't think 'I should' or 'I can't'. Then put your clothes on. Then (if you have something written down) go to the next one. Get lunch or read or whatever you've promised yourself.

Don't expect too much and don't get ambitious. Just get through the days doing the little things you wrote down.
Add one whenever you feel like you can handle it.

This sounds utterly dumb. But i've seriously thought it over and this is the one concrete thing i can tell you that has helped me get through the bad patches. I've decided to post it, because, however it sounds, maybe it can help someone a little.

Lots of luck, ~*healthvibes*~ and *hugs*.

I just had to bump this to the new page. Thanks, Fins, this is really helpful for me whenever I start stumbling. I may not be suicidal right now but I start dragging and not taking care of myself. This is what helps -- intervening and changing my direction.

Lots of love and hugs and vibes to all who are struggling.

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
(thanks and hugs guys.)

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Ach, apologies for a possibly long rant. Which may be riddled wiht typos and horrible grammar because I just had a seizure.

But these seizures, they are horrible. They make me feel just horrible. And possibly the worst part is that I'm conscious during them. Also, I've now been told by some people that since they are temporal lobe and not grand mal, apparently they're 'not that bad.' They are actually bad. I can't talk when I have them, and I come to in a confused state feeling emotional for no reason. It feels like being awake in some kind of nightmare. I can't control my emotions in this state, and I feel really depressed. I just feel like crying. And it's times like this I wish I didn't live alone, because I'm pretty useless in this state. Well, I'm pretty useless normally now too... I can't cook anymore because the open flame, I shouldn't swim by myself, I just feel pathetic. And there's this horrid panic/depression that comes on after the seizure that just doesn't leave for hours. It's there now, and it's just so overwhelming. And worse, it seems to bring out flashbacks too. And I feel sick and in a great deal of pain too, which doesn't help.

I hate posting this, but I just need to vent or something. I'm just so fucking depressed and scared. Just scared. There's nobody here. The friends I tried to talk to just sort of figured it's not that big of deal since I could talk still during it. I don't have family I can turn to. And it's made worse when all the stuff I read about epilepsy and the nurses at the hospital say to have family there who can help and support you during everything. I don't have that. I NEVER had that. More than ever I do wish I had a family who could help me with this. Because I am terrified. And I am just so overwhelmed with everything right now, I'm just not sure how to deal with it.

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I don't know what to say ecept ((((big hugs)))), and keep on talking to us.

xx

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I know we can’t give physical support, but the board is very good at emotional support. Try to post a little something every day so that we will know you are ok. I guess the part that worries me is you put this in the suicidal thread. Please keep talking to us. **hugs** Did I see on FB that you can’t get to the other doctor until September?

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*hugs* from me too!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
*hugs* thanks all. I'm doing alright right now. It's just that I have this crushing panicky depression right after the seizures. I know it will pass, but it doesn't make it any better. And Library Lady, yeah, I can't see the doc til September.

-----~~-----

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Hey, knowing it will pass is one thing. It's a good thing. But even knowing it, you MUST continue to reach out to us when you feel like this. Thinking oh, this'll pass, I'm not gonna bother anyone is NOT an option Smile As I've learned, it's what we're here for. Really. If we're not here for this, then what's the point? *hugs* Take care, talk through it, keep us posted. Let us help, even if it's just listening and big ol' virtual HUGZ Smile And I'm glad you're feeling better now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
Do you have skype? Could we set up a skype-chat-ring in different times zones that you can call and just have a chat with to feel better?

I'm really rubbish at helping at stuff like this as I have no idea what to do but I can try and distract you with ridiculousness when it happens.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
****HUGS**** Ion I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a terrible time. I'll echo SillyPunk's Skype offer. Also I check Tumblr pretty compulsively so if you ever want to message me on there then please do

We're all here for you though. Don't forget that.

*SQUEEZE*

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I do have skype, my screenname for it should be up on the Skype thread here. And yeah, a lot of times especially during a seizure, even though I can't talk so well during it, I really just want someone to talk with.

*hugs again* and thanks, knowing I have some support does make me feel a lot better.

-----~~-----

Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
I've just read this. I'm not much around, I can't offer much, but ***hugshugshugs***. You can always post and we will always be here.

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post