Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    tell yourself off
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tell yourself off
 Login/Join

is a loose cannon
Picture of Ramblin' Phoenix
posted Hide Post
Why the hell did you move halfway around the world, anyway?

The Way of the Buffalo A podcast of fiction, stuff, and nonsense.

Posts: 3120 | Location: North Tonawanda, NY | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cassiopeia
posted Hide Post
Right, my dear, enough procrastination here. You are going to sit down and write one of those applications now, understood? Lazying about all day is all very nice, but if you want a new job, you're going to buckle down & do something for it. Off you go.

Posts: 5814 | Location: Behind bars - chocolate bars | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Stop moping, the end is in sight. Keep plugging away and you'll get there. Remember to do something every single day towards your goal so you don't feel stuck and hopeless.

(not really telling myself off here, I have too many mean things in my head at me without that)

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cassiopeia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weeble:
(not really telling myself off here, I have too many mean things in my head at me without that)

Well, I didn't tell myself off either - what's wrong with simply telling yourself to do something, with motivating yourself?

And get rid of those mean thoughts about yourself! They don't help & I would bet most (or all?) of them are complete lies.

Posts: 5814 | Location: Behind bars - chocolate bars | Registered: April 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
Grow up! there's no point wanting a boyfriend when you don't know any boys and you're going back to Reading in five weeks anyway!

And stop worrying about looking for a job, because god knows Dad won't care if you're home for a couple of months, and in any case you know you don't have time to do applications and certainly not go to interviews halfway across the country.

And when I set a word target for the day, I expect it to be achieved!

Oh, and in advance: do not kill your tutor. I'm pretty sure its illegal enough that they won't let you graduate.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
GO TO BED you daft bint. You know you'll be tired in the morning.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
LOOK YOU, damnit! I can't stay mad at you. Getting mad at you is difficult, you gorgeous creature. Those eyes, I just, No! I mustn't! Everytime I get angry you just turn those eyes towards me and I melt. Damnit, damn you, damn me...

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Stop laughing at Cavanaugh. STOP IT!!

*fwaps self*

Yes, we know he funny and witty and all of those things but for God's sake- have some dignity woman!

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24395 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Get up off the floor, dry your eyes, and START LIVING AGAIN. Self pity is not an acceptable emotion, or a recipe for a good life.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adanarama
posted Hide Post
For the love of god, woman, STUDY! Being talented in Language Arts doesn't mean you get to slack off on Geometry. Stop being so lazy and arrogant and start turning things in on time! Mad

It is night, and the silhouette branches of the apple tree
reach up to steal the silver-dollar moon. It is day, and the roaring sun
beats time behind the graying clouds of noon...
"...zombies only want you for your brains." - Jennie Breeden
"It's not a lie. Call it an imaginative look at reality." - Mike Redford Green (from the comic CRFH)

Posts: 40 | Location: Wine Country (hic) | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nova *Child of Animals*
posted Hide Post
You're such an idiot! You're setting yourself up to be hurt. You know he doesn't like you the same way you like him. He isn't even bothering to pretend this time around. So why did you go and make out with him? He isn't going to suddenly discover he has feelings for you, and you aren't going to get back together, so stop fooling yourself.

Posts: 34 | Location: The Franco Plustan International Circus and Fair | Registered: July 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows there is no spoon
Picture of The Wanderer
posted Hide Post
This isn't a telling off, but it is a bit of a cold water splash. In some ways, you're walking on untested ground... keep your head about you, don't get carried away and too drunk on fun when important things are involved, but most of all, always listen to that inner voice that knows best. Don't ever lose it, ignore it, or drown it out... that's the surest way to get yourself into the sort of predicaments you're trying to avoid.

James

Wandering, but not lost.

"You are a Knight Errant. All of the fun of rescuing damsels, and none of the paperwork." - Royko

Posts: 8394 | Location: New York | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Go! Debox the house! Debox, girl!
Also: your gut has shit for brains. Do not under any circumstance trust it. It lies. You have half-a-brain, use it. No more gut-feelings. Okay?! Right?!
*glares at self*

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I was going to tell myself off for eating a quater of a cake in a day, but fuck it- I'm going for a run instead.

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
I was going to tell myself off for eating a quater of a cake in a day, but fuck it- I'm going for a run instead.

That's a lot more useful!

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
my lungs started hurting, so it was only about ten minutes!

Wigber
Picture of Mean Old Man
posted Hide Post
Write, Oldman, you ceorl. Write.

And go to the fucking darkroom!!!

Posts: 1154 | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knows the names of all eleven herbs and spices
Picture of ~nattie~
posted Hide Post
Son of a Monkeyfish Bastard! Remember to pack before you go to sleep.

~_=_~_=_~_=_~_=_~_=_~

Posts: 7138 | Registered: March 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted Hide Post
You.

Fucking stand up for yourself more. And try and think of good things about yourself, and try and ignore the bad things about yourself. Just try.

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35347 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
*kicks self*

stop being afraid of phoning people! this is in dager of turning into a full-blown psych problem! write what you need t osay down if you have to but it is only a phone call. You get to worried you can just hang up.

And Mark, you're ace.