Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    so you don't want to hear about my good day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

so you don't want to hear about my good day
 Login/Join

click?
posted Hide Post
I finished printing my art coursework fabric! I missed so many deadlines I've lost count, but it's finished. Apart from the hemming.
(also the splodges at the sides aren't part of it, either)

And the technological ineptness strikes again! Although I think I've managed to get the picture up this time... only took several tries to do it.

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
oooh, it's lovely!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
I feel quite a lot better.
*breathes*
-Got a text from Pirateboy this morning
-Got a plan (well. Maybe.)
-Weekend!

And yes, MPJ that's lovely. Congratulations. Smile

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Wow! It looks a bit oriental.
Can you talk a bit more about what the design is about and how you made it?

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been on an art trip to Barcelona for the last few days. And yes, it's actually inspired by church architecture and traditions and symbolism and things- most of it's from bits of windows, and the structure of the big circle bits is from an archway. I think the background designs were off crosses and reliquaries, and the bits in the middle of the circle are from old musical notation and christian symbols in calligraphy, with some Celtic knotwork. Most of it is silk screen printed (I don't know exactly how they make the screens, but you make up the design or the part you want filling in in black pen, photocopy it, oil it and give it to the art technician, who does magic to turn it into a screen in the darkroom.) The rest of it- the blended bits in the circles- is handpainted, and it's all done with a fabric dye that's mixed with binder.

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post