Find
Notify
Tools

Curious Dreams
 Login/Join

Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
I'm in a room. I think it's mine, and that I share it with someone. It's pretty, with pretty things like flowers and nice throws on the beds, simple but cute furniture. It's a girls' room. It has a window, a balcony, from which a garden can be seen. For some reason, I know that this is the future, or another reality, that beyond the walls of the room and beyond the garden the building is very big and holds many people. We need to defend something? Or ourselves? There's a tensions between us, an urgency, we got to be ready any moment, for any sign, there's a threat.

We're talking. Him and me. Seemingly normal stuff, except we're close, unnecessarily so, and our hands punctuate what we're saying in needlessly sweeping gestures that invade each other's personal spaces. I watch this dance, fascinated, and aware of the even more powerful tension between him and me. Suddenly it's obvious that we both want each other but somehow can't, our hands brush agaisnt each other, touch each other, he grabs my hand in his, the desire is painful and my heart is hammering against my whole body, pulse racing fast, just because of his hand, and he's grabbed mine and is stroking my palm with his, increasingly slowly. Our movements slow down, they're deliberate now. Meanwhile we're still talking about meaningless stuff, harmless gossip about the other people there, looking at veach other as nothing's unusual, but our hands are touching each other, forever.

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Dreamed I was standing in a crowd of people in a field somewhere. Remnants of a road close by in the grass.
I had a computer mouse, and I was aiming the red light on the bottom of the mouse at peoples' faces. When I clicked, that person would attack the person standing next to them. Biting, scratching, everything. And I kept clicking, and then when everyone was fighting I flew up into the air and away.
I was flying through clouds and there were all these power lines I had to dodge through as well. The clouds were like cotton fluff - texture-wise - not wet, like real clouds.
As I was flying I dream-remembered that I was a special-ops type person who'd been sent to this reality to destroy it. And I was flying to the portal that would take me back to my reality. But as I neared the portal I looked back and that huge crowd of people I'd made attack each other were flying behind me.
The portal was like a window into the world, in the sky. I could see a highway, with vehicles speeding by, and then I tucked and rolled and skidded on the concrete and yelled at the people I was meeting to "Close the portal!"
And they did. And everything was fine. And I woke up.

I am an inter-dimensional traveling agent of chaos, apparently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
Frustration-themed dream in three acts:

1. I'm a soldier, and chosen with two others to form an ultrasecret elite unit of some kind. That night, on eof the officers (who looks like DOn Draper of Mad Men, I'm clearly obsessed beyond reason) chooses to have sex with one othe the other soldiers, not me.

2. Later, I'm escaping from something. I come against a wall, and start climbing it, looking forward to it and already enjoying the tension and effort to come. But as I start the climb, I get pulled up by someone who doesn't believe I can do it on my own, I complain, but they won't let me climb.

3. Later still, in Berlin, I'm at the park and there's swimming pools everywhere. I want to swim, long for the feel of the water, the power of the stroke, and just as I'm abaout to take my clothes off, the pools dry up.

(The funniest part is that the park is called Lenin Park. Upon entering, we had to kneel on the ground and offer a conciliatory prayer to Lenin's spirit, otherwise he'd suck you inside the earth, to "devour the eyelashes of humans" -real quote.)

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
I was with a girl I knew at the kitchen table of my grandparents' (my dad's parents) old house. She left behind a small white worm with a red stripe on its neck that she liked. It was split in two pieces.

Somehow, as I sat with it and held it, its two halves tied together. Then it tried to escape into a bowl of cereal and milk. I tried to stop it but it went in and crawled away from me whole. Then it crawled up to the girl who came back and it started to grow: developing a cobra-like hood and fangs.

She asked me what I did to it and I told I seem to have fixed it for her. It then grow larger and started morphing off the table into a large lump and then humanoid. It was a pale naked woman. Long dark brown hair was covering her face. We both looked at this woman.

She seemed pleased with her own transformation.

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
I dreamed someone handed me a set of five different house keys to a communal property and proceeded to explain thoroughly how to lock each of the doors. And made me take notes for each key.

Why do some of my dreams have to be so boring??

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
Well, did you try leaving the doors unlocked to see what would happen?

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
No, I got bored and pissed off and woke up. It wasn't even my house!

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I had a dream where all the doors wouldn't close. This made me so angry I killed my family.

I really, really didn't like that dream.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Dweller - the reason i don't watch zombie movies is because for nights after, i dream about my family all getting sick and becoming zombies.
and i don't get sick.
and so i have to kill them.
generally one of my little brothers also doesn't get sick and i have to protect them. but seriously.
i hate those dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I have those dreams and I don't mind them so much. I have enough ability, even in dreams, to realize that when I kill zombie-Christy, I'm not really killing Christy at all. She's dead, I'm just getting a familiar corpse out of the way.

This dream, I was killing my living, breathing, screaming family, the actual ones. And I dream clearly enough that I made sure that they each had appropriate defensive wounds.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Last night I enjoyed a glass of white wine while listening to my "Dresden Dolls" Pandora station before going to bed.
I ended up having one very long very intricate dream about helping Amanda Palmer get ready for a show. I had to find all kinds of performers, find myself an outfit (involving stripey stockings), and make sure the set lists were in order, that kind of thing.
It was a very cool, very busy dream. Apparently my dream-self is a pretty decent stage manager type person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
I may have had a sexy dream or two last night, due to the music wafting in from the next room keeping me on REM, but I can't remember any details, much to both our losses.

I did recall one the other evening wherein an old boss was in it, and I was thinking he was his usual circumspect, curmudgeonly self but then he told me that he had one of my sculptures that he had liked (which must have been from an office party, although I didn't start doing artsy things at work til the subsequent job...)

I do, not so infrequently, drift off to fantasy dreams involving a former classmate and the threesome that (no, really) almost happened at school. I did come up with, post-non-facto, a rather exciting game that might have taken place involving a scarf as a blindfold leaving the person to guess who was doing what, and what might happen next; only in the fore-stages, and all in good fun.

After all, if it's not fun, then it ... oh, there I go even further away from the topic at hand.

bother(ed).

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
So, I was having a strange dream and at one point in the dream I died, but I could still talk to my 'hubby'. All of a sudden I got all panicky and had to find him to tell him my computer pass words so he could post on the board about my dieing. bothered me enough that I woke up. (The dieing didn't bother me it was not being able to say goodby to the board.)

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
It's important to have priorities Big Grin

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I think Domitella actually has it in her will that somebody *must* log on to the board to tell us if she dies.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I went back to sleep this morning and had a very strange dream. I was in an antiques/junk shop, it was crammed with stuff, furniture, jewelry, baubles, shoes and sitting at a table was my mother in law. She didn't seem to notice me though, so I looked at all the stuff and then my father in law came in and came over to me while I was looking at this odd bauble - it had a clip thingy in the back so it could be attached just about anywhere, it was a large green glass ball, with lots of air bubbles inside, silver wire looped around it held it in place and there was a crescent moon shape too, it was next to a purple bauble. My father in law sort of sidled over, acting like we were in a spy movie and no one was allowed to see us speaking to each other and said "Vagina". I stared at him for a moment and then just burst out laughing, which apparently violated some rule and so he dragged me out into a dark back alley which was filled with cats and kittens.

There he told me that inside the shop he wasn't supposed to talk to the 'customers' and he'd get in trouble if anyone knew he was speaking to me now, but the gist of it was, my mother in law wanted me to give her another grandchild. I laughed again and said, 'that's not gonna happen'! Then I accidentally stepped on a kitten and then I gradually woke up.

First of all, both of my inlaws have passed away. My father in law would never ever under any circumstances that I can think of have said 'vagina' to me. Or anyone. I'm sure he knew what it was, but it's not a word he would have used! Second, baby-makin' is over! It was a really cool shop though, dunno about the cats.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
So last night I had a dream that I was introducing Sarah Polley to TM. As if I had known her forever.
"Oh, so this is Sarah Polley - she directed "Away from Her", and she's going to be in that new movie "Splice" by Vincenzo Natali. And of course she used to play Sarah Stanley in the TV show "Road to Avonlea" that I watched when I was a kid!" And as I'm talking, Ms. Polley was nodding and smiling.

I don't remember anything else from the dream except this introduction.
But, I mean, I think I'd like to be friends with Sarah Polley!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Apparently deep down I feel guilty for something... I dunno.

Last night I dreamt that my mum came back to yell at me for stealing her knitting needles.

I sometimes dream that my mum has just decided to come back from the dead and doesn't care a whit about paperwork or the fact that she was cremated and it violates the laws of physics and nature, but until recently I never used to dream that she was upset by my actions.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I had a dream that I had a baby. Like, not that I was pregnant, or that I was giving birth, but just that I had a baby.

It was a little disconcerting to wake up after packing this baby around my dream, feeding him applesauce, changing his diaper even, and then remember that yeah, I haven't got a baby...

Odd dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
I had a dream that there was a group of us making a bread and butter pudding, and my girlfriend was wearing a brioche suit which was perfect for the task, so we kept on tearing bits off over her protests.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post