posted Hide Post
quote:
protests

I've never heard them called that before... Wink

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
I had a dream about having a baby in my coat -as in, I put on my coat (at the end of some family or friend gathering of some sort) and felt something weird about the cut, and turning around to see what it was I see a baby's foot sticking out of the pocket. I pull, and the baby comes out, and apparently it belongs to someone I know, a friend maybe, and I wonder how come they never noticed their baby was missing for two days. The baby is all bruised and scratched -no wonder, since I've been wearing this coat for a few days and I remember all the times I've sat and run and been crushed in the public transport with this coat on and the baby all this time inside it.
I think I probably must change or feed the baby, it must be starving, but the baby (whose name is Penelope) doesn't even want to hear me talk about it, she complains and says she doesn't want to get changed or fed. I realise she's just tired and sore and hungry and, well, a baby, so my opinion counts and hers doesn't, but she just won't let me change her or take care of her and keeps hitting me and scratching me and I start hating her a little bit. Everyone else in the dream ignores my physical struggle with the baby and no one calls her mom.

(Parts of this dream come very clearly from a short story by Alice Munro I had read before and from The Guild, which I'd also been watching. But the weird parts are all mine.)

The night before that, I dreamed my single-mom neighbour was being threatened by an abusive ex, and when I came out to check if she needed help he and his mafia friends came into my house and locked me in. They were going to kill me. The terror was so intense it lingered with me for the whole day Frown

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I've discovered what appears to be a direct corrolation between me switing the radio off before I sleep, and me getting Proper Dreams. You'd think it'd be the other way around...

Last night:

I am a soldier, and me and my men are fighting some other men in a really REALLY tiny trench system in the middle of a field. Not field-as-in-battlefield, but just two trenches dug in the middle of some grass. Our base was behind a tree, so when the battle was supposed to start, we all had to run out from behind it and jump into the trench. I forgot my ammunition, but I call over to the Germans [I have just finished a book about the Somme in real life] and explain the situation.

They agree it would be better if I go back and fetch it so we can get on with things. Once I get back to the tree, the ammo has gone, and when I look back both sets of trenches have vanished.

(I thought this thread was for the SEXEH dreams, but it hath mutated Big Grin)

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I'm on our porch, reclining in a chair and eating a peach when I hear a small, tortured scream. I look around for it, but can't find the source. I keep eating, and soon I notice that the screams always coincide with me biting the fruit. I finally look at it.

Under it's skin, the peach is a living thing with muscle like fruitflesh, now torn and gashed and leaky a dark blue fluid, like blood, but sweet. The face of the creature is on the pit and it begs me to finish eating so that it can finally die, but I can't bring myself to take another bite.

I vomit, and small, embryonic peach-creatures crawl in the viscid mess. They grow very quickly, to about the size of volleyballs. I realize that I've broken their natural life-cycle and they're now feral and angry. Their eyes are now on stalks attached to the base of their long, rasping tongues. They run at me, peeling away strips of skin with their tongues, knocking me to the ground.

Eventually, I wake up.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
I've discovered what appears to be a direct corrolation between me switing the radio off before I sleep, and me getting Proper Dreams. You'd think it'd be the other way around...

Last night:

I am a soldier, and me and my men are fighting some other men in a really REALLY tiny trench system in the middle of a field. Not field-as-in-battlefield, but just two trenches dug in the middle of some grass. Our base was behind a tree, so when the battle was supposed to start, we all had to run out from behind it and jump into the trench. I forgot my ammunition, but I call over to the Germans [I have just finished a book about the Somme in real life] and explain the situation.

They agree it would be better if I go back and fetch it so we can get on with things. Once I get back to the tree, the ammo has gone, and when I look back both sets of trenches have vanished.

(I thought this thread was for the SEXEH dreams, but it hath mutated Big Grin)

"I love a man in un-i-form..."<Gang of Four/>

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Last night I climbed up a huge, very steep glass slope, so scared of the height I felt like throwing up.

Then my 5-year-old decided to slide down said slope. She went WHEEE, hit a white van parked below and broke her leg. I could feel the bone ends sticking out underneath her skin.

And then Rose from The Golden Girls propositioned me for oral sex in a very passive-aggressive way.

I woke up wanting to strangle my subconscious.

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2413 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Last night I realised I was dreaming, thought it was a boring dream - I was following people around a grey dreary town - and I remember thinking, "This is a dream, why are you doing something so dull? Let's go get laid!" And so I did Smile

But that's the first time I remember actually taking a dream in a certain direction.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I had a nap today (a birthday nap) and wow were my dreams weird...

one dream sequence involved flying around a multi-level house trying to stay out of Christopher Walken's eyeline.

one dream sequence had me trying to introduce my Uncle Rob to this old man and it was hugely important that I do so.

another dream sequence had me finding a baby and having to figure out how to take care of said baby (girl) whilst the scenery around me switched from verdant forest to airport constantly. Mr T was around in that part too, as a bodyguard for someone I was with. Also in this part were people like the Remades in China Miéville's novels. These giant metal people had a religion like Hinduism, and for some reason kept giving me charm necklaces for protection...

weird dreams!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
posted Hide Post
I blame Spam

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
I dreamt that I was with a bunch of people from work in soem sort of room and for some reason there's a huge bed where we all need to get in. It's a party. Now the purpose of getitng into the bed is not to have sex, we just have to do it because it's what you do at a party, like if we were having dinner we'd sit down. Except there's this guy from work (not ArmBrush guy, another one) and I have the feeling he's orginisng it somehow for us to lie next to each other. And of course this is a dream and we're in a bed so that means we're going to have sex even if that's not the purpose of the whole thing anyway. And I keep trying to not loe next to him, and still getting the feeling the guy is changing arrangements for us to lie close to each other, and I keep dodging him but at the same time rethinking this, thinking well we get on really well and I used to have a thing for him back when I wasn't single but now I am and I think he is and I think he likes me but maybe for more than just this once and I don't want anything more but what the hell we'll see when we get there and it's a free country...

Etc.

And nothing happened in the end, except I woke up and dammit for all my dreams are random and weird and surreal how I hate it when they're not.

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
I had a dream in which I ran into Neil after a seminar of some sort. We went to a nice little cafe where he explained how his relationship with Amanda is incredibly open, followed by lots of making out.

He was *very* romantic.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
i had a dream last week in which i was a snail, i was oozing through the grass and the sun was blotted out by a mighty shadow and i became afraid. the terror took over everything and i froze. the shadow was the bottom of a boot and it crushed my shell through my body and the pain was incredible. i woke up all sweaty

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Had a dream last week where I had a long conversation with someone dear to me...who has been dead for 4 years.

A bit unsettling.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24396 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
I had a melatonin-induced dream involving Boardies, somewhat tangentially.

We were having a party in the street in front of my parents' house. Boardies were present - I remember Jena, Maeve and Lan, and other people. We were drinking shots of Fernet Branca and ginger ale (that's because I'm reading Medium Raw and Bourdain mentions it). Then this guy in stereotypical Monopoly-capitalist dress (top hat, white handlebar mustache, suit) comes in and orders us to stop because he owns the street. I tell him that no, my parents own their house, in fact, so he takes out a can of yellow paint and sprays a parking-space-sizes rectangle in front of the house, saying we can party there.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
posted Hide Post
And have you checked with your parents to see if it's still there..?

(not his real name)

Don't. Blink.
Picture of Ava
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE We were drinking shots of Fernet Branca and ginger ale (that's because I'm reading Medium Raw and Bourdain mentions it). [/QUOTE]

I wish I could find some Fernet Branca. My partner drank it in Germany and loved it. I haven't found it in the states.

-------------------------------

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde

Posts: 1870 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
they sell it here in VA (I have a bottle, well 1/2 bottle), but not all ABC stores carry it.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
needs a blanket very badly. The better to "yahr" you.
Picture of Alinda, the lost girl in long stockings
posted Hide Post
They sell it here in, err, Italy. Ok, I'm shutting up.

"If you are going to get anywhere in life you have to read a lot of books." Roald Dahl
"I still love the book-ness of books, the smell of books: I am a book fetishist - books to me are the coolest and sexiest and most wonderful things there are." Neil Gaiman
"Even so, there is no excuse for putting pineapple on pizza." Terry Pratchett

Have you fed your adorable, lovable and huggable lost girl lately?
"Continued exposure to the Lost Girl's avatar causes people to forget how to count and to repeat things." Joe_3Heads

I obey the Alaura
High Priestess in the Alaurian Movement

Posts: 9940 | Location: under a big red blanket, somewhere in milano, italy, europe, earth | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I have some very intense dreams that I dislike waking up from. I tried to go back to sleep this morning and finish it, but it just didn't happen.

It was long and rambling and I had to keep running a race, over and over again, but the situations were different each time. During each race some person would convince me that they needed help/if we combined our efforts we'd win or that they needed to win more than I did.

Some imagery that was really awesome: Diving into a silver pool from a really high point and being able to breathe underwater. Running up a tall tower, like Empire State building sized, there was a platform around the top and it was night, but there were so many stars! And as I looked there would be lines forming constellations - I was supposed to remember them as I raced back down the tower, but someone freaked out and told me they locked their child in their car before they started up and needed me to help free the child.

So I helped. I also helped a cheerleader do a makeover contest, only it turned out that she needed to find the ugliest person. I still sat there and let her 'win' the contest.

At the beginning of all these races there was a man who seemed to be officiating. We were all supposed to run these races and win and eventually we'd get to meet him.

I finally got to meet him, but not because I won any of the races. He took me aside and we walked through this gorgeous mansion to a room with televisions all around. There he could watch everyone doing their races.

He told me that in all the races that I did I never won one because I let people manipulate me into letting them win. This was my biggest 'fault'. And that all these people were doing various races, over and over, to try to discover their biggest faults.

I asked if we were supposed to overcome these faults and he said that my actions weren't a fault, it was actually a virtue, because I let others win out of a genuine desire to truly help people. I wanted to know how to help him and he seemed surprised at that, because I knew that he was the one who devised all those races - and some of them were quite nasty. I only wrote about some awesome ones, but there was one where the guy I was in a relationship with repeatedly abused me, verbally and sexually, and I let him do it. There were other races where I would get beaten or stabbed. And it was this guy who ultimately devised all those races.

And I sort of sighed and asked him what he wanted my help with. Only I don't know what he wanted because that's when I woke up!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
last night i had a dream that i was walking through my house, and all my roommates, bandmates, friends etc. were all having sex everywhere, and all i wanted was to try to find my milkshake!

i wandered through the orgy and noticed that the back door was open and the cats were going outside, not just the cats we have now but ALL the cats, even tigger who died when i was a little kid, and i forgot the milkshake and followed them outside because i needed to know where they were going

after that everything got kind of hazy and weird but i remember a lot of dark and a fire and some kind of water

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post