Find
Notify
Tools

Curious Dreams
 Login/Join

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
Last night: I am at the doctors, and he keeps telling me to 'put a condom in' for a health check. I explain that that's not even a thing I can do, and surely the whole business will be hindered by it's presence in any case, but he keeps smiling and good-naturedly saying "Well, of course your health is your own affair!"

I am... disturbed.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
I dreamt last night that I was a journalist covering the riots in London. At some point, the looters decided to all congregate with their stolen goods in an auditorium and bunk down for the night. I kept trying to interview people, but they were all being jerks to me, and just as everyone was falling asleep with their arms clinging around all of their looted bags of stuff, I said very loudly "Y'know what you all look like? A bunch of rats rooting through a dumpster."

That didn't go over well, and I found myself running from a mob of people. They couldn't move very fast because they still held onto their stolen crap.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Since watching "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" on Monday, my movie-quality pregnancy dreams have all involved monkeys and chimps in some way.
Also last night I could fly. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
I dreamt last night (in case that wasn't obvious from the thread) that I went to a party that Neil was at, in a beautiful house somewhere off the beaten track - one room was huge, suitable for freeze tag for 30. Very low key event.

I stayed on an extra night, and lo and behold he returned, and this time I had a book for him to sign, which was a(n auto-?)biography about his (Sandman days? I don't know, I didn't actually read the book in my dream) life ~20 years ago or thereabouts.

He graciously signed it, but I never got the book back as I was awakened shortly thereafter and never managed to fall back to sleep.

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Had an odd nightmare last night, in which I was slowly ceasing to exist.

Loved ones stopped recognizing me, my keys to home/car/work were useless... there was more, but it's the gone the way most dreams do.

It's not nearly as scary sitting under the bright studio lights at work, but it sure was terrible at the time.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
thats really scary!!!

ive had similar dreams where i become mute and invisible....no fun

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Terrible, horrible nightmare last night. It was one of those dreams where I was observing and living it at the same time. A sick psychotic bastard that resembled an ex-boyfriend of mine (who was a total prick) gunned me down. He wanted my baby. He stood there while EMTs were trying to save my life and I could feel the baby kicking in my belly as I lay dying and the bastard said "Just wait til she dies and cut the baby out of her." The EMTs just stood there passively watching me die and I wanted to scream and tell them to save my baby, that the baby wouldn't survive once I died.

I woke up and felt Nom-nom kicking rapidly. I hope I didn't give her/him a nightmare, too. Frown

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Had an odd dream last night in which I was having a flirty chat with Frank Turner about his new bionic arm, and all the wonderful things it had done for his music career. He could pop it off at the shoulder and there were all sorts of connections and ports for computer and musical gadgets.

----------------

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
The other night I dreamt I was in a big house, possibly somewhere tropical, and there were giant multi-coloured caterpillar-like bugs crawling on the walls and ceilings. When we tried to swat them and then they starting insulting our technique and offering advice, then dodging us and jeering some more.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post

*turns on voice memo recorder*

The test markets are giving glowing reports about our LSD-laced cheese doodles. This is going to be big.

*turns off voice memo recorder*

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Had another odd dream last night. I'd become a famous news-tv personality, but was absolutely miserable. Lindsey Lohan (of all people) talked me into going back to school to finish a different degree and learn about being on the other side of the camera, and I immediately felt better.

There were more bits to, about my family mooching off my publicity, and something about trying to have a baby...

----------------

enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:

There were more bits to, about my family mooching off my publicity, and something about trying to have a baby...

Was that last bit on camera, or off?

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
I had a dream during a nap yesterday afternoon that I was shopping with a friend (not sure who) at a very strange store, and when we exited, Mr. Neil was standing at the door saying good-bye to everyone.
He asked me what I was planning to do with all the hairpins in my hair...

It was very odd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Very slightly grown-up dreams (SFW) about grown-up (in their thirties) children's tv presenters are still inappropriate, right?

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Last night's weirdass zombie apocalypse dream:

I'm at a Neil Gaiman reading/signing event. Various Boardies are there, I know, but I ended up getting there late or something and so I'm alone and I have nothing for him to sign. I watch him sign a few things and he's looking rather ill. I notice his hair is light brown and I ask him if Amanda dyed his hair. He looks around, gets up and steers me towards a back table and says that Amanda is really sick. As he talks he starts to look really bad, his skin gets all purplish grey and pustule-y but he was still lucid. I told him he didn't look well at all and he said that Amanda must have given it to him and he had to get back to her. For some reason phones didn't work where we were, so I offered my car and we drove to the next town, which was just over the bridge - Neil was driving. We got to a bridge that had been damaged in the flood and was visibly falling apart, but people were still driving over it 'cos it was the only road to the town. I screamed the whole way over it - I don't like bridges in the best circumstances and this thing was high up and falling apart. We stopped at a gas station that had a restaurant/general store attached to it, got gas and that's where he went full on zombie and attacked me and bit my arm. I got back in the car and drove back over the crumbling bridge to the convention centre, only to find it full of zombies. I got caught by one and he bit my ankle and turned back into a human. He decided that biting me was somehow the cure and so he tested it by getting bitten, turning zombie, then biting me, turning human, then we tested it out on the other zombies - biting me cured them. So we all drove across the bad bridge, found Neil and the people at that gas station store were all zombies, made them all bite my wrist and they were cured. I said that we had to go cure Amanda and that's when I woke up.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I've been poisoned by Bad Guys, for reasons which were clear then but I can't remember now. Someone else was poisoned and I think that she's died.

I am strapped, to stop me falling out, to a hospital bed, trying to explain what is going on, but everyone is just doing medical things and not responding to me. It feels like maybe nothing is really coming out when I try to speak. Everything is very white. White bed, white hospital, white gown. My hair is long and light-coloured for some reason. I'm very distressed in a fevered sort of way.

They say "she has pneumonia", I can't think how a poison would cause that. I try to explain that my grandfather died of pneumonia, not me, that I'm asthmatic, that they need to listen, but no one does, they just wheel me from room to room.

(possible causes - fitful sleep from tickly coughing, just changed a bad picture of my grandparents for a good one, huge work stress just at the moment)

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
i keep having dreams about car crashes, the crashes are always at night

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post