Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Yell at artists who are taking an age to produce new stuff.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yell at artists who are taking an age to produce new stuff.
 Login/Join

has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted
Thought we needed a space for venting our frustrations. This is for any type of artist.

YOU!DEATH IN VEGAS! YOU'VE BEEN SAYING THE NEW ALBUM 'JUST NEEDS MIXING' FOR NEARLY THREE YEARS!
GET YER FINGERS OUT!

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
George R R Martin, of course!

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy:

ditto!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy:

ditto!

Thought it went without saying Razz

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Wicked Little Critta
Picture of Mr. Chadtastic
posted Hide Post
Warren Ellis for producing so much stuff, he either doesn't finish some stories strong or takes half way to forever to finish. I should probably go check and see if Doktor Sleepless is finally finished.

-----------------------------
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Additional handling charges may be required.

Posts: 6928 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: November 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Orson Scott Card*

You got me so very interested in Alvin Maker and then it went off on a weird tangent and then it just sort of stopped. You suckered me into reading about a sentient monkey going off in an Ark with his human and a bunch of Mormons. And it ended on a cliffhanger, then... nothing. You left the Ender series with them hanging in orbit, about to receive a virus encoded molecule for a message from a planet full of not so friendly aliens, and another group were taking over Congress aaaaaaand YOU DECIDED to go back to the very impetus of the story, Ender's Game, and give us the other character's stories! You don't do that until the series is ended, but fans are clamoring for more - that's when you do a prequel or go back to the beginning and give us a different perspective!

*I used to care and wait for new books, way back before I had the internet. After I got the internet I gleefully went to his site because it sounded so awesome. It may be, but to me it wasn't a very welcoming place. Then I read some interviews and read some other things where he's voiced his opinions and I gotta say, I don't agree with him and it's turned me off a bit. And so I got out of the habit of checking for new releases, so it's possible he may have finished things by now.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
The Jim Henson Company

Dark Crystal 2. "Still in pre-production"? Really? Do even you believe that now?

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
I knew GRR martin would get a mention...
But no caps yet?
Should we yell harder? Smile

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I think we've just been yelling about this stuff for so long we're just tired. Smile

mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
Orson Scott Card*

*I used to care and wait for new books, way back before I had the internet. After I got the internet I gleefully went to his site because it sounded so awesome. It may be, but to me it wasn't a very welcoming place. Then I read some interviews and read some other things where he's voiced his opinions and I gotta say, I don't agree with him and it's turned me off a bit. And so I got out of the habit of checking for new releases, so it's possible he may have finished things by now.

dude has some fucked political views, He tries to prolitize in Empire and it was terrible and warped as a result

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
Orson Scott Card is one of those writers who had so much potential but really seemed to let himself get in the way...

as far as people who we want new stuff from, i'm more than ready to see a new Jandek album!

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I am the type of person that listens to the music and hears the lyrics LAST. -I am a twisted, bassackwards doodler with painteristic tendencies whom thrives on audio so that I can maintain my utter addiction to doodling (even if it's a paintbrush or a wacom tablet that is being used to doodle with).
--I still love Orson Scott Card- and I still look fwd to all of his new work because I'm entertained (~not persuaded by his views), but I'm still listening to the beat and melody and not caught up in the word clusters.<~~For the last couple of years anyway...

((But, I value your opinions and I see your points))

Not here to speak of OSC- I'm here to yell at ME.
I'm my own worst critic and my own best pal which reduces me to a pile of useless rubbish when it comes to anything outside of the 'deadline'. -Get off my ass and go find a Damn agent or rep or whatever kind of help that is necessary to get off my impoverished butt and get back into some REAL WORK for the first time in a year.
This Hippie-Dippy Bullshiz is not getting me ANYWHERE except back into a financial crunch. They love me- I love them, that's great, - the electrical company doesn't give a rats ASS about why they couldn't pay this time. Mortgage could care LESS why the deposit check bounced or if I'm promised to receive for this or that upcoming event (based on door sales or whatever the Jury-Rigging payment plan ends up being THIS TIME.)
GET OFF OF MY ASS AND GO FIND SOME REAL WORK that DOESN'T involve HIPPIES!!!

Final warning. Winter is coming!!
Love,
~Me.

P.S. Learn how to spellcheck quicker to beat the EDITED NOTICE at the bottom of the post while yerr at it, PLEASE!
~~Doh.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Artguy C.,

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
HEY MATTHEW WIENER! WE NEEDS OUR HAMM!

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first post here:

The Hobbit, should've been released within a couple years of LOTR:ROTK (Peter Jackson should NEVER have wasted his time on Kong!)

Evanescence took too long on their recent album too.

Also, waiting for official (or UNofficial) translations of Anime/ Manga is a pain also.

Like the unmade season 3 of "The Big O" (Batman+ Giant Robots= Epic Win)

Dark Crystal 2... yeah only heard of that one a year ago

Factor 5 for dragging their heels on Rogue Squadron 4 (which may never be released)

& in the aerospace world (if I may mention them) the NH 90 (started in 1985, 1st flight 1995, 1st delivery 2006, operational 20??) &

Airbus A400 (started in 1982, 1st flight 2009, delivery 20??, operational 20??) all I can say to that is "Wow, how does Europe pull that off?"

Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Excellent first post! Welcome aboard Claus!

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to wait for Sherlock. A year and a half between seasons 1&2. Season 3 can not come soon enough.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Transmetropolitan movie! Just go ahead and cast Patrick Stewart as Spider Jerusalem, problem fucken SOLVED!

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Come on Neil, what's happening with Monkey & Me?

And Martin Miller, you know we love you but WE WANT THE NEXT LONELY WEREWOLF GIRL BOOK ALREADY!

*Gives Patrick Rothfuss a meaningful look*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post