Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Fred Phelps and his "church" are coming to my town
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fred Phelps and his "church" are coming to my town
 Login/Join

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
The Westboro church is sending a group to Tacoma this weekend to picket a funeral.

I don't know if anyone has been following the story of Josh Powell, his missing wife and the recent murder-suicide of himself and his two boys. It's made national headlines, but being nearly in the epicenter of events I have no idea how much information has been spread around.

It's a truly horrible story that reaches depths of such evil that there really are no words to describe it. For anyone interested, here's a handy timeline that glosses over the particularly nasty bits.

The funeral for the boys is being held this weekend, literally around the corner from our house and a Westboro contingency will be there. They claim that the boys (who were only 5 and 7) died because God is punishing us for our imminent legalization of same-sex marriage.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
They have their own stalkers now. Hopefully they can show up, and in force, to keep them from disrupting the funeral.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I'm letting everyone know right now:

1) I'm being cremated so you guys can't do horrid things to my body, especially since I'll be doing them to you.

2) To remember me properly, beat the #^%$#!! out of these wackos with an inch of their lives. It's what I would have done. They don't even have to be protesting my funeral for you to do this.

3) THERE WILL BE A WAKE. A NAKED DRUG-FUELED ORGY WAKE.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post