Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Unsent Correspondence, Letter you may or may not send, Part 3
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 29
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unsent Correspondence, Letter you may or may not send, Part 3
 Login/Join

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
I love you, and while I'm probably not going to be as uplifting, I CAN tell you that a flat-footed kick-and-push on any part of the bike body will knock him arse over teakettle. (not the wheels, you'll only hurt your foot and he may just wobble).

Just so.....y'know.

I may or may not have tested this on an Actual Asshole On A Bike 
Razz

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Random loveletter:

Logic resists you and this and us.
The care and laughter and lack of any kind of profundity whatsoever apart from it is what it is and isn't that just awesome?

Awesome, thinks my brain, that contingency would allow for this. But then, it's contingency for a reason. It could have been something or someone else. That is the truth. But the beauty is that it wasn't. In trying to predict the past, I could never have predicted this. Not the odd road that led to this, all the more probable, more plausible paths would have led to something else.

On the other hand life's not always plausible. It doesn't have to be, because it doesn't *care* about plausible. It just is. As is this.

"For beauty is nothing
but the beginning of terror, which we still are just able to endure,
and we are are so awed because it serenely disdains
to annihilate us."
Rilke. But i don't think you care much for poetry. Or contingency. Or logic, except the Boolean kind.

Not so strange, then, the simplicity with which you seem to accept the wildly improbable. As if it were something bound to happen. And in a way it was, and in a way it wasn't. At the same time. It's like trying to look at the back of your own head.

And you just smile and say "I lost you at the bit with the latin" and i say "correlation doen't necissarily mean causality". As 'random' doesn't mean 'equiprobable'. You see?

And in your wisdom you don't try to predict the past, but extend your brain to dreams of the future. Some dreams are improbable. But then so's poetry. So are we. And isn't that just awesome?

Yours randomly,
'Fins

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
Dear cat
I love you, but why do you have to sit on my knee ONLY when I need to do things?
love,
me

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
dear MIL,

it's very sweet how excited you are for BooBoo's first Christmas.
but i do wish you'd asked us if we had room for a giant real tree in our (small) apartment before buying one and bringing it over.

love,
your daughter-in-law (staring at a huge pine tree that now dominates the kitchen/living room/office)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Bwahahaha!

I love that. you'll have to picnic under the tree and sleep under it or something.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Dear Sleep,

Please don't tease, come to my bed tonight and I promise you that you can have your way with me. I'll do anything, just hold me and carry me away.

Yours in anticipation...

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
Dear Certain People,

I wrote a couple of letters but paranoia made me delete them before posting. This is what you've done to my brain.

Just know this: if you want to hurt me, you might succeed, but I will fight back. And unlike you, I will do it fairly and openly and you'll see it coming. And you won't be able to stop it because I'm right, and you're fucking mental.

Sincerely,
Me

Posts: 11803 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Dear customers,

FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF

RARRRGGHHH Red Face

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Runs with wolves, yahr!
Picture of Lady Jasmine
posted Hide Post
Dear you,

I told you that I loved you but that I wasn't IN love with you. You said the same thing to me. It was what we had to say, because you don't belong to me after all, but we couldn't look at each other when we said it...because if we looked in each others eyes, we'd see the lie there and you know it.

You say you think of me...I wonder how often. Because I think of you every day, every moment I'm not thinking of something else I'm missing you, every amazing thing I see, every beach I visit, every ocean I swim in, I'm wishing you were there with me.

So taunt me...
And hurt me..
Deceive me..
Desert me...
I'm yours till I die
So in love with you am I..

~You're in the Moulin Rouge babe! Your next month's rent depends on it!~

~We'd be so lost...if we weren't 'us'"~

Posts: 4142 | Location: Enchanted Mists | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smiter of the Stupid
Picture of Saint NightWalker
posted Hide Post
LJ-

Yeah.

Donut: "Oh man, that is a BURN. Dude, you just got BURNED. BURN, dude. BURN."
Simmons: "Oh, shut up! Your armor's pink."

Posts: 2507 | Location: SoCali, USA, Earth | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Dear Dad -
I love you to bits, but did you really have to have this talk with me on Christmas Eve, totally blitzed, at 1 a.m.?

I know you're concerned. You've told me before. I know I'm being a danger to myself. Please stop pushing me to go to your doctor friend. You're only making it less likely. And I know he's your best friend and awesomesauce and probably the second coming of Gandhi, the way you sing his praises - but that's precisely why I don't want to go to him or any of your other doctor friends. I need to find my *own* way of dealing with my problems, not rely on my parents to fix stuff for me. I'm trying to grow up here. It's slow, hard work, but I'm trying. Please let me do it at my own pace and in my own way. I mean this in the most loving way possible: you have enough problems to deal with in your own home. Don't add mine to the pile. Take care of yours first.
And believe me when I tell you that you need help, too. I'm kind of an expert in leaving things unresolved and hoping for the best too long. And your problems are probably easier to fix than mine.
Get. Help.
I know I will be.

With equal amounts of love and despair,
your daughter.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Dear Self,

listen to TM for he is wise. currently, other than being there as support for Mom and sisters and whoever else needs it, there is absolutely nothing you can do about this.
so stop thinking about it all the time.
I know it's hard because, well, it's really fucking hard to deal with this. but as you yourself said to others, no one is dead or sick or dying.
be there for Mom. be there for Dad. be there for whoever emails or FBchats or Skypes. because that's all you can do.
lovingly,
yourself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Dear Board Members,

Love you guys. Sorry I'm not on my computer as much these days. After living alone for nine months I am trying to rebuild a twenty year relationship. I still care about you all.

Love LL

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Dear Library Lady

We love you too, take care of yourself and your relationship, we'll be here when you need us Smile

The Board

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
^^^^ what Smaug said, LL.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
*nods assent*
Yup! ^^

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Ditto to all of them and extra added *hugs*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Smile Thank you all.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Dear Mall of America thugs:

If next year to get into your 'turf', you are constantly profiled and groped by TSA personnel, you did it to yourselves.

Posts: 32901 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
P-

I told you marrying that bitch was a bad idea. Now she's gone and broken you into a million pieces, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to say to cheer you up.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post