Find
Notify
Tools

FUUUUUUCK
 Login/Join

is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
Hive, Firstly *GIANT HUGS* would your local social services be of any use to you? Is it possible to have your sister evaluated for potential institutionalization due to her violence? *more hugs*

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Hive, you're right and it is grim and it can't go on this way. It just can't.
*hugs*
Verbal abuse is one thing, but you getting physically hit is way past what anyone can be expected to put up with. If this follows the domestic abuse pattern you mentioned it'll just get worse and worse, and more and more dangerous won't it?
I understand what you said about your mother, but if the only way to see her is by running the gauntlet past your abusive sister - how long can you put up with it? For someone who is not struggling against it herself?
Is there really no other way you can keep contact with your mother without visiting The House each time? And like Crowgirl says, is there no way to get your sister institutionalised?

I'm really getting pissed off at your mother for belittling your being hit. I understand what you said about her, but it still makes me fucking angry, because you're one of the best people I know and someone HIT you and nobody's doing anything about it.

*hugs*

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Thank you, all.

I am getting social services involved, and have been in contact with a carers' help service. I also rang my mum and sister's doctor - who we all have known for 30+ years, but who is a bit useless. (I've been negociating with him for some time to get my mum and sis referred for help to social services anyway.) His official advice to me? Punch my sister back! I didn't think it was all that terribly helpful, and I won't be taking it, however tempted I am.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
That's his official advice? *boggles* I have a feeling that no matter what your mum is going to make you feel guilty and unhappy, but I can only hope that she soon realises that you're trying to take care of her.

I also hope that social services helps fast. And I'll just pile a few more hugs on there. If you need me, for nothing else than to just rant at, I'm usually around. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
I almost hesitate to post this... but have you considered filing police charges against your sister for assault? I mean if social services won't help? Maybe that way there would at least be an official record of what's going on.

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Oh, yes - I very nearly called the police just after she'd done it, but then thought better of it (who wants to call the cops on their sister, however awful she is?), then I'd get advice first. I'm now working on about 3 different agencies, and I have it on record with two that she assaulted me today. My arm still hurts quite a bit, 11 hours later, and if bruises come up, I'll take photos.

Sister is notorious for coming home with bloodied knuckles after she's punched various inanimate objects (usually cars), and the police were once called to Waterloo Station, after she'd tried to pound through the glass when the man behind the ticket desk didn't tell her exactly what she wanted to hear, so she has form.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hive,

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Oh, Hive, I am at a loss for words. You are one strong woman, and I really admire you. It makes me deeply sad that you have gone through this (and looks like you will continue to go through this).

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

Well, I know you don't want to call the police on your sister but you may want to consider it, both for deterrence and documentation.

The doctor's advice would be tempting to me, hitting back is my first reaction- but is there a partner in his practice that might be of more use?

I don't know how soc. serv is there, but I imagine one thing isn't different- keep a record of everything with all agencies involved.

You deserve better. I know you love your mom but take care of yourself first. You are worth that, and kidlet needs -his- Mom to be okay.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
*hugs Hive*

Do what you need to to protect yourself. Smile

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
*raises hat*

Thank you, everyone. This really has helped.

Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Damn, Hive. That's just horrible. I wish there was something I could do.

I really hope things improve when the social services get involved. Your sister's a threat to people around her, it's questionable if she should be living alone, let alone look after (and possibly abuse) your mother. They have to see that. Jeez.

One thought that crossed my mind is that, well - you know you can't fix either your mum or your sister, as much as you care about them, and it's possible the social services will be a disappointment, too (wouldn't be the first time). But do you think you could look for some help and support for yourself? Shit like this must be so draining to have to deal with.

I'm thinking of maybe just some kind of peer support group for people with mentally ill family members, or something like that. From what I've heard, it often helps to connect with people who know exactly what you're dealing with. They might also have good advice regarding the social services, too, since that sometimes turns into another exhausting battlefield.

And maybe you could talk to a mental health professional (yeah, your family doc doesn't sound like he qualifies) to find ways to deal with situations like this recent incident, and the toll they take.

Because you're important. And the kidlet is. And I think your wellbeing should be your first priority.

And I really admire the strength you've shown so far.
*hugs*

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2413 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
I agree with everything Tis said.

~hugs~

Never forget: you are awesome.

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
I agree with what everyone here has said.

*Hugs Hive*

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
ACK! TANGLED YARN!!!

er. OK, so it's not exactly a FUCK!-worthy, but it is currently annoying me. Smile

*more hugs for Hive*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
*laughs*

...tangled yarn is a MUCH better reason to say 'FUCK'! Truly!

Anyway, thank you everybody, again. The good news is that I've had some very positive help from my local carers' centre (whose purpose is to support me, not my mum or my sis), and they've also helped me to make direct contact with the mental health social services team, bypassing the family doc, to get help for my mum and sis.

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
yay¬!

*adds to the hugs and support*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*reaches through tangles and adds more hugs*

My rant is about an elderly lady - she's very sweet (although she can become persnickety and grumpy very quickly) My mum and I used to play bingo with her and then after mum died I took her to bingo. She stopped going shortly after Devlin was born because she needed to be on oxygen and so many bingo halls allowed smoking and she's been very sick for several years now - breathing problems, diabetes, pneumonia every year...

She refuses to have someone live with her, her daughter(and daughter's family) live about 2 hours drive East-ish, step-daughter lives about an hour South-ish and SD is the one who drives up frequently.

I've been trying to convince her that she should be in an assisted living facility, she just doesn't wanna go, she prefers her house.

Last night, hubby took me out to dinner, I came home and noticed a message on the machine from about 30 minutes prior - it was her, barely getting the words out, that her blood sugar was quite low (64) So I went over there, she's somewhat coherent, but dripping sweat and trying to change her clothes and colostomy bag (it was all over, ack) and I got her to drink some milk and eat a few bites of graham cracker and took her blood sugars which were 47.

If I hadn't come home when I did and heard that message, if she had dialed the wrong number (which she has done before) she would be in a coma or possibly dead this morning.

Will she finally be convinced that she needs to be somewhere where there's an actual nurse around?? I dunno. I can only hope that if she feels like that again to call 911. I did try to get that across at least.

sigh.

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
hoy! old people and their need for independence.

fine - but for goodness sake call 911!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Argh, Maeve - and good for you, that you are willing to be called. Might she be willing to have one of those necklace alarms - the ones that look like a pen on a cord, and if you keel over away from your phone, you press a button on the pen, and it alerts a response unit?

Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Homework:

Stop hanging over my head. I am sick and tired of you sitting on my back, ruining my summer and taking up my time to the point where your urgency is now infecting my dreams.

I'm resentful of the fact that I have to even work on you at all when you should have been completed months ago. I'm resentful of the strike that made this so. I'm bitter at the fact that no matter how many times I asked my Professor, he did not make you any easier to deal with and in fact made you more difficult.

I'm tired of not being able to concentrate on you, even with the extra time that's been afforded to me. You are the Emperor Palpatine I want to throw down a fucking Death Star shaft, and I'm the Darth motherfucking Vader crippled and exhausted in the suit I've had to build around me and my life that wants your Force- lightning spewing ass off of my back.

Because of you I don't even have time to talk with my friends, or sleep, and I've become in many ways a lot more than just a virtual hermit. The fact is, I want you gone. I want you dead. I must have been insane for having to take you on at all. I should be doing the work that I signed up for and not the bullshit that is you.

So I'm going to do this. I am going to do this, write down notes on my computer while I talk to my friends online -- to the people that actually care about me and not feel like I am drifting into the abyss and panic, and I am going to rant at you like a good stressed out pissed off ranter.

Once I'm finished you and one other, maybe then I can actually do what I WANT to do.

Oh yes, did I forget to tell you to die? I'm sorry, let me remind you then.

Die.

Die you motherfucker.

Die.

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post