Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    I'm not doing so hot...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm not doing so hot...
 Login/Join

Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted
my mom decided to sell the house we're living in, and move into the smaller house that I was living in before she kicked me out last year. I guess we sold it this morning. Mom's been stomping around and yelling at things, I've been hiding in my room and saying "ok" whenever she shouts in my direction. She wanted me to take some flowerpots up to the other house. She wanted me to take them now. I was doing something else and closed the door. She told me to take my computer and get out. I told her that I fucking hated her and wasn't coming back. Now I'm in the parking lot of Barnes & Nobel and quickly running out of batteries. All my shit isn't in my car either.

I don't have a job. I don't know how to get one. I don't have anyone to stay with, and wouldn't want to ask anyone to put up with me. I don't want to ask my dad. I don't have any money.

... last weekend was really fun, though...

think i'm going to take a nap and hope i die before i wake up

sorry

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Oh Nat... *HUGS* I wish there was something I could do to help. Please, please, PLEASE remember that there are people who would MUCH rather you ask to crash with them than sleep in your car in a parking lot!!

Take care as best you can. I'm sending whatever ~*vibes*~ I can from California!!

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Vega, all I can tell you is to breathe, to give this explosion and the fall out time to settle, and in the meantime, find a place where you feel safe and where you can sort out your own thoughts. You aren't lost, even if you feel that way right now. You've already reached out to the place where you feel safe, so you're already doing what you need to to find your way out of this mess.

I don't know the whole story behind your mom, so I can't give you advice, but I do know what it's like to live with a volatile person, and from my experience stomping around and yelling was a way to get attention and a passive aggressive way to ask for help. She probably wanted you to voluntarily offer your help in moving and when you didn't, she started throwing a tantrum. It's a childish way to get one's way, but it's probably worked in the past for her at some point. If you want to make amends with her, you might want to apologize for ignoring her and ask her how you can give a hand to moving house. If she blows up at you again, don't take the bait: let her know again that you want to get along and are there to help.

If you don't want to make amends with your mom, and you have no way to support yourself, you're going to have to ask for help. Don't get lost in the self-doubt and evil mind games that you can play with yourself. If someone wants to help you, and you ask them, and they say yes, they do so of their own will, with their own responsibilities. Having to "put up with you" is part of the deal of helping you, and you have no control over other people's decisions or willingness to help. All you have control over is making sure that you find a safe place.

Many *hugs* Many *vibes for strength*

You aren't lost. You're right there.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
oh sweetie - listen to them, they give way better advice. I give *hugs*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*huuuuuuuuuuge hugs*

Listen to Al, she talks sense.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firekeeper's Sister
Picture of VegaRiad
posted Hide Post
Hi... just letting you guys know, I'm not sleeping in a parking lot... I came slinking back about an hour ago bcos I really needed a shower, otherwise I might not have... really hating myself for it, too. I know I need to leave this house, and I don't like contradicting myself.

thanks for the advice, and the hugs. pretty sure Mom wasn't the only one throwing a tantrum today. i was kind of hoping i'd be mad enough not to come back, this time... last year I almost left, my mom was throwing a party and she was cleaning cleaning cleaning and mad that I wasn't and there was shouting and I left, slept in the parking lot at the nature park, but only for a few hours in the morning. I tried sleeping in my car one night but it didn't work. And I'm still here. And now I'm still here again. damn it.

sorry i worried you. Frown

-Natalie
----*-*-*-*----
I have heard the Languages of Apocalypse,
and now I shall embrace the silence.

Posts: 2775 | Location: The bottom of a small bowl of imaginary winged serpents | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
may or may not be cerulean
Picture of Oh hey, jupiter!
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

Agreed with others that Al's advice is good. Glad you didn't sleep in your car and I hope things work out.

------------------------------
renata
"Neil Gaiman, what are you doing in my falafel?"
--Mary Ellen on Arthur

Posts: 845 | Location: Champagne, Illinoise | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heyjupiter:
*hugs*

Agreed with others that Al's advice is good. Glad you didn't sleep in your car and I hope things work out.

Me too buddy.
I hate that sort of situation, but I really like you and I'm glad that you aren't out there in the parking lot!
Hang in there and stay Groovy, sister!!! : )

Free spirits have harder times, but I saw the carousel horse that you drew during Mr. Neil's reading, and you've got talent flowing out of your ears! KEEP DRAWING, and keep your eyes open for new avenues!
Your adventure awaits!
*Hugs

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
*Hugs* are all I can offer. Hang in there.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
*hugs*

I hope you and your mum get a chance to sit down and go through everything calmly, it must be so hard to be so dependant on your parents.

I had to move cities with mine when I was at my worst of worst, in the end my mum recruited her friends as helpers to help me pack my stuff!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post