Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    talkin' 'bout POO
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

talkin' 'bout POO
 Login/Join

half the man he used to be
posted
like, we all do it...

do you go in the morning? at night? can you poo at work, or does it freak you out?

and is it ever really strange colors??

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I do not understand people who won't poop at work. I guess it depends on the toilet arrangements? I wonder if it's a boy thing, maybe because they use the cubicle for that, so it's like advertising to everyone what you're doing? But then given they get their cocks out in public regularly, I don't see the shame Razz

I once pooped ALL spinach, after a ridiculously spinach-based meal. It was just spinach.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Did you know that eating an entire box of Captain Crunch with Crunch Berries cereal over the course of a day will turn your poo blue/green? It's true.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
And when your kid eats rainbow coloured goldfish his poo will likewise be rainbow coloured.

See, I didn't know he ate them - he had them at pre-school and so the next day was rather surprising.

I currently have problems with poo and I like to be home when I do it. But, that could be reinforced from not having a job and so I'm always at home.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
This thread is the perfect example of the board thread philosophy: if you build it, they will come.

On the issue itself: I'm currently in a struggle with my kid's school to get extra cleaning in the loos, as many of the kids won't go in them, they are so filthy. This means kids are crossing their legs for more than six hours, which can't be conducive for learning. It's especially bad for the girls, as at least the boys can use the urinals without touching anything apart from themselves. And of course it also affects how much water the kids are willing to drink during the day, which in turn affects their concentration. To be fair on the school, this is a problem many schools have, and they are starting to realise they are just going to have to bear the extra cost of more frequent cleaners.

kalypses, what made you bring this subject up?

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well, i brought it up because at my house it's something that we all discuss over breakfast or while having coffee before work etc, people who come to stay over think we're doing it to gross them out but really it's just something we do partly because we think it's really funny and also because it's one of those things that society seems to just find taboo. there are articles about sex, breasts, sex after 80, teen pregnancy, burning urination, whatever else. but even in this day and age, no one is talkin' 'bout poo!

i know a LOT of people who have a weird taboo about crapping at work or in public places, one of my friends will in fact spend her entire lunch just to drive across town to go home and poop! its mystifying to me, but it definitely exists....

lol i don't have kids but i can't imagine what a surprise it would be to find colored poo!!! that post made me laugh really hard!

also, i think it's horrible for so much money to be spent on bullshit by governments that can't even care for the children of their society

(sorry, im not really sure the proper etiquette here as far as replying to individual posts, hopefully i didn't screw up the thread too bad!)

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalypses:

(sorry, im not really sure the proper etiquette here as far as replying to individual posts, hopefully i didn't screw up the thread too bad!)

there's proper etiquette? shit! I missed that memo ....

*wanders out of poo thread*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
What Smaugy meant to say: no worries, there is no replying etiquette. Smile

re: school loos - I used to regularly pee my pants on the way home from school.
I couldn't use the school loos because they cleaned them with some really agressive stuff that gave me a violent rash all over my thighs. And there never was toilet paper to cover the seat with. So I'd just hold it for the whole school day, and slip off into a bush on the way home in summer. In winter there wasn't enough foilage to hide behind, so I often came home with wet pants...

(sorry, that was more of a pee than poo story...)

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where there's a poo story a pee story is not usually far away Smile

stupid question: how do you do that quotes thing? thanks for helping out the new guy

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
down in the right corner there are two icons, a yellow traingle thingy with an exclamations point and next to that a yellow folder thingy with quote marks - click that icon in someone's post and it will quote it.

there's another way, I think, but I only ever do it by accident and so I can't explain it. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
down in the right corner there are two icons, a yellow traingle thingy with an exclamations point and next to that a yellow folder thingy with quote marks - click that icon in someone's post and it will quote it.

there's another way, I think, but I only ever do it by accident and so I can't explain it. Smile

TEST Big Grin

ok yay

*ends gratuitous posting*

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalypses:
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:

TEST Big Grin

ok yay

*ends gratuitous posting*

I've been on the board over two years and never knew that. (of course I had to try it out and hit the wrong button.)

On the poo topic: About twenty years ago, when we were living in a cabin, we had an outhouse. My stepson would time it so he went poo at school. I'm sure the school's loo smelled better.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ceridwen:
What Smaugy meant to say: no worries, there is no replying etiquette. Smile

that's what I did say!

I don't mind people translating for those who may not understand Smaugy English though Big Grin

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
I'm one of the really neurotic ones. At school (especially school!) and sometimes work (that's better nowadays) it would freak me out. Also trains and worse train-stations. And as it's *ahem* twice a day for me, i did a lot of neurotic freaking i can tell you.

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I spent four years digging shit pits in the woods in my youth, so public loos were a step up in the comfort and elegance department. I won't go in those pavement capsule ones, though, partly because they are always vile, and partly because I don't trust the electronic door ot nto open halfway through.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
I have problems with the lack of toilet facilities along the roads of Northern Ontario. Add to that 1m of snow cover and it's really hard to even get to the treeline by the side of the road. I have ended up using the car as cover and just going on the edge of the road. I almost got busted by a trucker, but fortunately you can hear them coming!

I have no problems with going wherever any toilet is better than the side of the road or bushes with no loo paper.

Oh that reminds me of the horrible toilets we went to near the border of bosnia and croatia, they were the hole in the floor style, but the flush was so strong that it just sprayed everything in the hole all over the floor, the smell so bad!

I did take a perverse pleasure with the squat loos of aiming for the actual hole part of it, it was like bonus points for getting the poo in the hole instead of just the pan area.

Oh actually I just remembered the fun loo I used to have at my old work! Hmm, the photo is no-longer on my flickr account. It was a bucket with a seat over it, and a tarp round it, so comfy when it was -20 outside, not!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
we used to have a dug loo on archaeology digs, and throw cans down for the metal detectorists before we filled it in Big Grin

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
That's so very evil! *snerk*

Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
When we went to the pub we weren't supposed to talk about any coins that we found, to discourage thieves, and not even imply we would/had found any metalwork. It's not unknown for someone to get up for a piss in the night and find people raiding the site - they don't just steal stuff, they dig through other archaeology to get to the metal they've detected.

It was nice to think they might have got a nasty surprise Big Grin

lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
This email went out from one of our supervisors who is fairly obsessed with toilet propriety. She prints signs for the stalls that say "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat." Also "Don't even THINK about flushing sanitary items!!!" What's kind of funny is the bathroom that she's referring to is one with bad plumbing...I've discovered and reported the toilet overflowing twice (and it's soooo pleasant to be the person whose poo is overflowing and the male facilities manager has to come in and fix it...ugh Roll Eyes ), often flushing once just ain't enough, and it also splashes toilet water onto the seat when it flushes. There are some slobs out there who don't respect public toilet etiquette, but I think the situation has been exacerbated by faulty plumbing.

quote:

SUBJECT: Everybody poops...

BODY: But not everyone has to look at your poop!.

It has been awhile since I had to send out a bathroom etiquette email but here it goes! I have been getting many complaints about the condition of the women’s restroom (by the phone stats monitor) so I understand that this may not affect all of you (please don’t email me and tell me you don’t use that bathroom).

There are very simple rules which you probably learned while potty-training.

1.) CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF

a. If you leave something in the toilet don’t leave the bathroom until it is gone. Nobody else wants to look your leftovers (UGH)

b. If you leave a mess on the seat –wipe it off.

c. If you clog the toilet ask for a plunger , if one is not available already

d. Please be respectful of the fact that many other women need to use those facilities as well..

2.) WASH YOUR HANDS

a. This should go without saying but I have been in the restroom many times when the person that was in there at the same time left without washing their hands so I know for a fact that it does happen (again UGH!) I suppose not washing your hands is a personal choice but we have enough trouble keeping illness at bay around here and not washing your hands is a major contributor.

3.) ACT AS THE GROWN-UPS YOU ARE!

a. If everyone behaved the way a grown women is suppose to behave I would not have to compose another email such as this (which I highly doubt because I think this one is number 250). It is a simple thing please think of others before leaving the bathroom…think to yourself would I want to come into the bathroom and find someone else’s LEFTOVERS in the toilet, or a peed-on seat? My guess is the answer is most definitely NO!

Again I am not looking to hear “it wasn’t me” or “it was me”, for that matter, I don’t care who it is just have it stop!

Thank you for your cooperation.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post