Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    talkin' 'bout POO
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

talkin' 'bout POO
 Login/Join

mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
On I forgot about the weird toilets in the USA!

I had never seen a toilet get blocked and try to overflow till I went to the states.

In other news I was just reading an article about detoxing colon cleanses etc and how ridiculous they are.

There are websites for certain products that have people posting pictures of all the horrible gunk that the product is cleansing from their systems. These pictures are indeed gross, but what is hilarious is that one of the main ingredients in the products is bentonite. Bentonite is swelling clay, it's a product we use to seal drill holes once the drilling is completed. It's a powder that swells on contact with water. So the gross stuff these products induce to come out in your poo is mostly the bentonite that is in the product. Also horrible side effect is that that same bentonite can cause intestinal blockages, why are people so stupid?

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
we used to have a dug loo on archaeology digs, and throw cans down for the metal detectorists before we filled it in Big Grin

HAHAHAHA YES!!!! that's so awesome!!

and to Alaura: that e-mail just made my morning! a bathroom etiquette memo....i particularly enjoyed the part about everyone behaving like a grown woman is supposed to behave Big Grin

so last nite i was at the bar, and everyone was pretty drunk, and i had to poo. the men's room of the bar has one urinal and one toilet, which was missing a seat plus toilet paper. i go to talk to one of my friends who works the bar, see what solution might be achieved here. he tells me to just go in the women's and he'll watch the door. i go in the women's, they have a small area with sink and a single stall with one toilet. i drop the almighty god-bomb of poo and it stinks to high heaven. as i'm getting ready to leave the stall i hear the door open to the bathroom and i realize with a sinking feeling: "oh fuck, there's going to be a girl out there!". i search my pockets and have no matches to light and thus mask the stench, so i paste on my best grin and throw the stall door wide. the girl standing there is VERY surprised to see a bearded fellow exiting the stall, and then the smell hits her and she blanches and covers her face and actually says "oh my god it SMELLS". i apologize red-faced and trying not to laugh exit the ladies'. most embarrassing!

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by halucinagenia:
There are websites for certain products that have people posting pictures of all the horrible gunk that the product is cleansing from their systems. These pictures are indeed gross, but what is hilarious is that one of the main ingredients in the products is bentonite. Bentonite is swelling clay, it's a product we use to seal drill holes once the drilling is completed. It's a powder that swells on contact with water. So the gross stuff these products induce to come out in your poo is mostly the bentonite that is in the product. Also horrible side effect is that that same bentonite can cause intestinal blockages, why are people so stupid?

Yes, I don't get why people think it's so effective. A laxative will do the same thing, it just won't look like... well... a mold of your lower intestines as I've heard the stuff with bentonite can look like that on the way out. Plus the thought of having a "clean colon" as some of those products advertise is just funny.

And on the subject of public toilets, I really hate men's rooms with just urinals. I have to sit when I go, and there's not really much I can do if the there's no stalls. I mean, usually I can just wait (and I have to pretty much, or find somewhere else to go), but I do like places with the "family restrooms" as they're called in the states where anyone can use them, so they have to have stalls in those ones.

ETA:
Haha, Alaura, that bathroom email looks like something from passive agressive notes, they have a whole section dedicated to bathroom notices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moon Jester,

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
ZOMG I love this cleaning lady.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
OMG I knew SOMETHING was missing from the board. A poo thread!

So now I can observe that my poo throughout pregnancy looked pretty much like the (black-green, tarry) meconium that newborns poop during the first few days until they get regular milk stool. I wonder if that's normal or just my weirdness?

And today I ate lots of carrots and the baby poop was orange. That's way cool. I'm going to experiment with different colours and see if I can make it go blue or purple!

Also, in our family it's also usual to discuss poo in great detail, usually while eating so I totally get where kalypses is coming from.

Also, I enjoy pooping so much and I am glad I have my regular poo back. Big Grin

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I got asked about my poo in detail today at the doctors, due to my year-long mystery side pain.

Apparently the next step is a colonoscopy... so we both agreed to wait six months and see how it goes Razz

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by His Nodle Girl:
Also, in our family it's also usual to discuss poo in great detail, usually while eating so I totally get where kalypses is coming from.

I REMEMBER WHEN you were describing your mother - your MOTHER! - discussing a turtle-head while simultaneously ordering mango pudding. That little paragraph has never left my brain. *blames*

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
Noodles, re pregnancy poop:

One night a few weeks ago, I came home late from a night out with a friend, grabbed TLOML who was in his PJs and DEMANDED that he take a walk around the neighborhood with me. "But it's 9:00 at night...why do you have to take a walk??" He sputtered.

"BECAUSE I HAVE AN ENORMOUS POOP WAITING TO BE UNLEASHED, BUT I NEED A LITTLE HELP FROM GRAVITY." I declared.

It now has become a cause for celebration in our household every time I poop.

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
haha, yes Hive, that was a highlight! Hubby always tells me to phone my mother when I get too detailed about my poo.

Alaura, I totally had that problem, too. Big Grin
What really helped was a teaspoon full of flax seed every day. The midwife/doula recommended it because (whited out)
it makes your poo...erm...more slippery. But you also need to supplement it with other stuff like sauerkraut juice or plums if you want it more liquid. And once you get really heavily pregnant you'll start having to go three times a day, so you want it pretty liquid if possible!

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
we used to have to give the guinea pigs apple peel dipped in olive oil when they got a little... strained Razz

has no member title
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
we used to have to give the guinea pigs apple peel dipped in olive oil when they got a little... strained Razz

I once watched my uncle massage the poo out of a rescue guinea pig. I decided then that guinea pigs are the stupidest pets ever because EVERYONE CAN POO.
(but I've never heard of apple peels in olive oil. wonder if it works for humans too.)

__

Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
Guinea pigs are very stupid, but they have a low cunning Wink

The apple peel and olive oil was in my guinea pig care book, I cannot vouch for it's validity, although it seemed to help, I don't know if they get better on their own anyway.

lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
quote:
So now I can observe that my poo throughout pregnancy looked pretty much like the (black-green, tarry) meconium that newborns poop during the first few days until they get regular milk stool. I wonder if that's normal or just my weirdness?

I too have noticed my poo looking ominous. I think it's to do with the prenatal vitamins.

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I think the black colour is the result of the extra iron one takes when preggers.

Was the guinea pig a piglet? My friend, in addition to her real jobs, has taken in rescue cats for years, before they are fostered on. She says that when kittens are separated from their mothers too soon, they can't poo by themselves, and have to be helped along by having a cotton bud rubbed around their anuses* to stimulate them to go. She used to get her daughters to help with this, and it is known as "pooing the kittens".

*anuses doesn't even look like a real word.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
quote:
*anuses doesn't even look like a real word.

ani?

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
--- Joe 3Heads

is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaura:
quote:

I too have noticed my poo looking ominous. I think it's to do with the prenatal vitamins.

I agree!
Also since getting pregnant my one-sometimes-two poops a day have been only a morning affair. Mad
Luckily was only slightly constipated once, after a day of being slightly dehydrated..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
quote:
Originally posted by His Nodle Girl:

I REMEMBER WHEN you were describing your mother - your MOTHER! - discussing a turtle-head while simultaneously ordering mango pudding. That little paragraph has never left my brain. *blames*

holy shit this board is awesome

*no pun intended*

in response to the posts about ominous black-green poo, it's happened to me before here and there....so i wonder if it's just similar in appearance to the pregnant lady poop, or if maybe the poo's you ladies are having are related only to diet? hmm i should keep a chart of what i eat/how it looks on exit

BTW the post about kitten's anuses (ani?) is fucking GOLD

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah! I remember poo-ing our fox cub back in the day. *nods*
Though that was done my massaging its belly, i think.
Why am i never neurotic when it comes to animals, and horrified when it's just me, on a porcelan throne? No idea.

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
black poo for pregnant ladies is likely iron in the prenatal vitamins.

I get weirded out about pooing somewhere other than my house. And I only got constipated once or twice during pregnancy. I am apparently making up for it now 'cos I can't go.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
In cat poo news, this past Saturday, our poor cat experienced the Poo-pocalypse. We woke up to discover scoot-marks ALL OVER THE HOUSE. Poor buddy apparently got into some baked beans that had been left on a plate on the kitchen counter over night.

He was humiliated. Especially during his bath. Especially now that we have started referring to him as Sir Poobottom of Dingleberry Shire.

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
--- Joe 3Heads