Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    talkin' 'bout POO
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

talkin' 'bout POO
 Login/Join

mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
see incense makes me unable to breathe never saw the appeal

I like the odour eliminating sprays they work!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the other duncan:
I can usually hold the matchsticks okay, at least the wooden ones, but then not only can't I see the striker but it's really hard to hold it stiffly enough to get it to catch. It's a great exercise for my glut's, though, I have to admit.

Letting go of it before it burns my butt is another skill entirely.

you got SKILLS

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the odour eliminating sprays they work!

How exactly do they work? By replacing one odor with another, just as putrid odor?

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
they do have a slight smell, but it doesn't linger and they're not perfumed - they are supposed to eliminate the odour rather than cover it up. Not sure how they do it (catching the molecules mid-air and destroying them?) - it's like the similar stuff you can use on hard-to-wash fabrics to get rid of smells.

Although you have to be careful - one girl in England sprayed so much in a bathroom to cover up that she'd been smoking that she died! I'm pretty sure that'd happen if you use a whole can of anything sprayable, though.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I think that the smell of a poo in a private bathroom, once that poo is flushed away, is not so terrible or so long-lasting that any product at all is needed, except for possibly an open window.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
My bathroom has no ventilation. We've got an exhaust fan, but I can't figure out where it goes as we're on the bottom floor and in the middle of the building. Confused

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
I think that the smell of a poo in a private bathroom, once that poo is flushed away, is not so terrible or so long-lasting that any product at all is needed, except for possibly an open window.

WORD!

And if there is no window or no fan I also agree that burning a match (AWAY from your tush, duncan... Roll Eyes) will also solve the matter quite efficiently.

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
I think it was about 20 years ago; the house/cabin we were living in had an outhouse. We kept a candle and a lighter in there to help with the odor and so you could see what you were doing. (Side note: the cabin had no basement, so we told the kids that if there was a tornado they would have to go in the ‘basement’ of the outhouse.) Razz

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Alaura:
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:

WORD!

And if there is no window or no fan I also agree that burning a match (AWAY from your tush, duncan... Roll Eyes) will also solve the matter quite efficiently.

Definitely. I never bother with anything at home, although I can understand a public or workplace bathroom being more ...delicate. Using the public (therefore very, very regularly used by women and children) loos at the museum I used to work at, the smell was sometimes truly awful. And there was no ventilation of any kind in there!

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
I have IBS so yeah odor eliminating sprays work wonders, in -40 you do not want to open the window!

I hate perfume odours too, and they have little to no scent.

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow that has to be one freezing cold toilet seat first thing in the morning!!

posted Hide Post
i drank last night, and while i was drinking i consumed a california burrito from the taco shop. now to those of you who don't know what a california burrito is, its basically pure fucking heaven on earth, wrapped in paper: a bunch of carne asada (seasoned strips of beef), french fries, cheese, sour cream, and guacamole wrapped up in a tortilla. i doused that mutha in hot sauce too.

so when i woke up this morning and was getting ready for work, all of a sudden i felt the mightiest of rumblings and had to run like hell for the bathroom to drop the A-bomb

we were late to work because of the time i spent in the bathroom demolishing the toilet with the systematic thoroughness of a well-trained army. definitely wishing i had a vanilla milkshake i toiled and strained and let out quite a few audible yells. a roommate walked by and said "what the fuck, dude?"

when i shakily got to my feet, the bowl looked like a mixture of orange juice, maple syrup, and 'lil smokies that had been chopped in half.

i stepped out of the bathroom and the next person in line to get in began gagging before they even got in the door

i feel strangely better for having told you all this Smile

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I really think that adding some vegetables to your diet and chewing your food better would be of some benefit.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
You put chips into a burrito? Ditch the chips, add some beans (refried or not), and your morning might be a little easier!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
I really think that adding some vegetables to your diet and chewing your food better would be of some benefit.

hahahaha!!! i actually eat quite a lot of vegetables usually, i'm very fond of salad...

as far as the chewing thing goes, i'm as lost as you, and can only assume drunken memory loss to have occurred!

oh and Hive, i'm pretty sure that had something to do with it Smile

has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
I just wanted y'all to know that I administered my first enema.

BABY POOOOOOOOOOP.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Two baby poops in one day! Yay!

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
where they really stinky??

has no member title
posted Hide Post
Lol. Kind of.

But this baby has been constipated for the last two months, so this was like CHRISTMAS and BIRTHDAY, only smellier.

__

lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
HA! Mr. Nom-nom has also been backed up due to changing him to soy formula for his reflux, and we put a bit of prune juice in his bottle to get things moving.

Today...oh did they ever move. They moved right on past the diaper directly onto EVERYTHING. And now EVERYTHING smells like swamp stank.

It's a good thing he likes baths.

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
--- Joe 3Heads