Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Workplace rants
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Workplace rants
 Login/Join

Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
re: EST.

reminds me when a dentist's office was interested in hiring me as office manager, or somesuch. They sent me (all expenses paid) to a NoVa Sheraton, to take a pre-hire seminar and evaluation. What they didn't tell me was that the thing was run by Scientologists. Needless to say, I never worked for that office. I'd rather be in retail all my freaking life.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is a loose cannon
Picture of Ramblin' Phoenix
posted Hide Post
Today sucked in the taco hole I work at.
The guy that is being trained for manager spent the whole day telling the store manager about every thing that every employee has ever done wrong to look better by comparison. I wanted to beat him to death with a nacho tray. Ragh!

The Way of the Buffalo A podcast of fiction, stuff, and nonsense.

Posts: 3120 | Location: North Tonawanda, NY | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NicholasRidiculous
posted Hide Post
My plan is to go through the motions on the course but when I do the feedback bits (one at the end of the course and one when I sit down with my boss to explain what I got out of it) I am going to tell them that it made me feel worse, demotivated me and increased my self doubt as I don't think I am able to live up to what the course and now my job expects of me, I might add that as a consequence I will be looking for a less responsible position, see what they say to that.

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more.

Posts: 275 | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
i hate training new people who technically are old people (had quit two years earlier) they don't listen to you.

i just hate working.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Part-Time Phoenix:
The guy that is being trained for manager spent the whole day telling the store manager about every thing that every employee has ever done wrong to look better by comparison. I wanted to beat him to death with a nacho tray. Ragh!

do it Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smaug:
quote:
Originally posted by Part-Time Phoenix:

do it Smile

do it and then spray hot sauce all over him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NicholasRidiculous:
I am going to tell them that it made me feel worse, demotivated me and increased my self doubt as I don't think I am able to live up to what the course and now my job expects of me, I might add that as a consequence I will be looking for a less responsible position, see what they say to that.

*cracks up laughing*

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
i like my workplace too much

and today i killed the photocopier/printer

bwahahahahahaha

these hands they are death to all office appliances!

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i hate not having enough people on the shift so you have to work longer than your scheduled too and miss your favourite show Frown

-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NicholasRidiculous
posted Hide Post
What's worse is I am due to have a meeting with my manager to discuss his vision of the future and my aspirations???

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more.

Posts: 275 | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
Second Installment:

Well, the new passwords IT sent us via email didn't go over well with the server system. In the course of 24 hours it has crashed five times.
Two thirds of us currently have no server connection (during production time, which is great).

My boss anonymously stuck the following note on our bathroom door.

To use these facilities please take the following measures:

- Send your IT your name. If your name is too long (for instance: Hansenberger), you will need to ask your parents for a new one.

- Phone IT two days later and arrange an appointment for the transfer of your new toilet-access-password. Then collect your password in person at a time of your choice (Opening hours: 8-8.30 am and 1-1.15 pm)

- Log youself in at the toilet, not over Apple Talk, but over TCP/IP

Big Grin
It went on and on that way.
Guerilla warfare.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
hehe... that's pretty funny. at least your boss has a sense of humor.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of Hooligan
posted Hide Post
Today was actually pretty good for me - I put the idea in the mind of the SAC that I would make a good criminal investigator, and that he should let me know if any positions open up. Later in the afternoon I get a call from my boss who tells me of a couple of jobs I may get to do - both of which would be good experience for a switch to the investigations side.

The frightening though - me, with a badge and a gun...

Posts: 3024 | Location: Uncle Sam's worst summer camp | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool! Big Grin

way to go! that would be pretty nifty...all badgey and such.

has no member title
posted Hide Post
Lol!

This must be the only office where, if there's a fire alarm, nobody moves. The sirens are going off and nobody can be arsed. We have them every second week or so. Malfunctions.
If we ever do have a fire, all of us will die in it.

Oh yes, and yesterday my computer screen died. So IT got me a second one. It was only after they left that I noticed that it was so blurred, it was like being drunk.
So I got a third one that's tiny and ancient.

Our CEO (the anal chair guy) calls this problem our "investment congestion".

Nice word, isn't it?

__

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
RE: CHAIRS

Onions: I used to work in this restaurant. All chairs had to be neatly under the tables at all times. Well, fair enough, I thought during training, it makes the place look nice and tidy when customers go in.
"The way we do this" said the manager [and I thought, Ohmygod, is she REALLY going to tell us HOW to push a chair under a table?] "is, we take one of the menus, and we measure the distance from the table to the back of the chair"
We had to do that every night, every morning, and at any moment during the day in which some manager thought a chair was a few milimeters more away from the table than its pals.
We had to frigging measure chairs.

Now, my pet peeve at work is stupid people.

"Sorry due to technical problems there's no soft drinks avaiable today"

[great alarm] "Then what do you have?"

"Everything else from the drink list"

[frantic search]"Where's the drink list????

"Here" [thinking]as you should know coz we pointed out to you when we gave you the menu, since it is one of the pointless things we're obliged to do every time someone comes in[/thinking]

[after waiting for ages and reaching the conclusion that this person can't read either]

"We have fruit juices, diluted juices, still, sparkling and tap water, milkshakes, wines, spirits, tonic, and of course coffees and teas"

"I don't knoooow.... can I just have a lemonade and lime?"

[facepalm]

Or, after having seated someone and told them that we don't have soft drinks, when you go over to take their order 3 minutes laters: "Do you still have no soft drinks?"
"Why, yes, the spaceship just arrived this isntant and delivered them!"
(I'd love to say that!)

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
Hee! Okay, your (ex-)boss is more anal than mine. I'll give you that.

And boy am I glad I don't work in your line of business. I'd blow a fuse, like, ten times a day.
There's something about being a customer that makes perfectly normal people behave like idiots.

__

Picture of Xine
posted Hide Post
All of the old fogey posters know about my boss, whose photo is in the dictionary under "insipid."

Well, he lost his cell phone...maybe even three days ago... and just realized it today. (It's because no one calls him, haha.)

Luckily, he didn't keep any account/credit card info in it (wouldn't put it past him) but he did saunter out to my desk to tell me that he had our netmail web address and, of all things, MY PASSWORD TO IT listed right under that address.

I just smiled and said okay and quickly flipped over to our server to change my freaking password.

Posts: 9275 | Registered: November 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
posted Hide Post
- Two weeks ago I wrote about: "Managers suck at crisis communication"
- One week ago: "What do you do when your best employees are quitting."
- This week: "How to announce your own resignation".

Today, editor in chief came in: "Are you guys stalking me?!"

*evil grin*

__

is a loose cannon
Picture of Ramblin' Phoenix
posted Hide Post
Today I spilled a fresh from the oven pan of nacho cheese all over my pants.
Yesterday, I got a huge burn on my arm at work.
Wednesday, my coworkers spent the whole shift comparing their perscription drug habbits.
I need to find a better job.

The Way of the Buffalo A podcast of fiction, stuff, and nonsense.

Posts: 3120 | Location: North Tonawanda, NY | Registered: December 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post