Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Workplace rants
Page 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Workplace rants
 Login/Join

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
For some reason, we just bought a new piece of equipment from Japan.
quote:
Although design and manufacture of equipment are performed in consideration fo safety by Yoshikawa, it is on a function. Prevention of a risk (potential danger) of not being avoided sake <safety device> <safe cover> It has attached.
Well, that sounds important. Tell us more!
quote:
Power transfer system (Various gears, V belt pulley, chain sprocket Coupling etc. prepares a <safety cover> or contains it in housing. Although it is, since many is thought, the opening-and-closing frequency is described above in principle. The interlock is not attached.

Fantastic! This will be fun to install and operate!

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12870 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
The machine comes with sake in case of emergencies? That sounds more useful than most fail-safe measures.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Flinchy!:
For some reason, we just bought a new piece of equipment from Japan.
quote:
Although design and manufacture of equipment are performed in consideration fo safety by Yoshikawa, it is on a function. Prevention of a risk (potential danger) of not being avoided sake <safety device> <safe cover> It has attached.
Well, that sounds important. Tell us more!
quote:
Power transfer system (Various gears, V belt pulley, chain sprocket Coupling etc. prepares a <safety cover> or contains it in housing. Although it is, since many is thought, the opening-and-closing frequency is described above in principle. The interlock is not attached.

Fantastic! This will be fun to install and operate!

Does this sake dispensing device have anything to do with diode pumped laser systems or evaporative cooling / mass separation equipment?(Reminds me of wording in a some patents I once translated.

Posts: 6962 | Location: Flo-Rida | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
OMG today was my first day back to work after a week off. (my boss started her vacation yesterday) I was to start at 11 for a closing shift. instead I get called in at 8am because -- SOMEONE BROKE IN FROM THE ROOF AND TRIED TO OPEN THE SAFE. It's a library, how much money did they think they would find here?

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
Gah FED EX you bunch of inept cocksucking wankers!

You took a week to pick up a shipment, and then when I call today to ask what the fuck is going on, you tell me nothing has been scheduled and while I spend 2 hours on hold on the phone to you the stuff bloodywell gets picked up WTF!!??

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by library lady:
OMG today was my first day back to work after a week off. (my boss started her vacation yesterday) I was to start at 11 for a closing shift. instead I get called in at 8am because -- SOMEONE BROKE IN FROM THE ROOF AND TRIED TO OPEN THE SAFE. It's a library, how much money did they think they would find here?

Hey those library fines add up!

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
To a very senior colleague:

Dude, thank you.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Buggrit.

has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Millenium, hand and shrimp?

~hugs~

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since last year:
  • Executive VP of Manufacturing: Fired
  • Executive VP of QA: Retired
  • VP of Logistics: Fired
  • VP of QA: Fired
  • Director of QA: Retired
  • Assistant Director of Manufacturing: Resigned
  • Director of Quality Control: Fired
  • VP of Regulatory Affairs: Fired (Friday)
  • Director of Manufacturing: Fired
  • Director of TS: Moved under new Director of Manufacturing Support - yes, a director reporting to a director
  • Director of Engineering: on FMLA for two months, announced in department meeting last week.

----
  •  
    mutant hedgehog worm
    Picture of halucinagenia
    posted Hide Post
    Fuck you consultant you fucking twat you just made a workmates rip into me about her frustrations and now I'm so upset I can't work. Just when I thought things at work are going better apparently one staff member is poisoning everyone else about the new boss what a cluster fuck

Posts: 9895 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Wayfarer
    posted Hide Post
    RARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Did something right
    Picture of Big Flinchy!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Since last year:
  • Director of TS: Moved under new Director of Manufacturing Support - yes, a director reporting to a director
  • Director of Engineering: on FMLA for two months, announced in department meeting last week.

• Director of Engineering's FMLA extended to August, and he is not taking anyone's calls.
  • VP of Engineering is, of 30 minutes ago, "no longer with the company"

----
  •  
    Picture of Scootie Pie
    posted Hide Post
    ^^ works for the Bureau of Useless Upper Management

Posts: 257 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Wayfarer
    posted Hide Post
    Currently about 70% of the team I work in is actually vacancies.

The upside is that it allows us to refer to ourselves as the zombie team...

Picture of Wayfarer
    posted Hide Post
    RARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

After today, I wish they were zombies so I could shoot them. Mad

Did something right
    Picture of Big Flinchy!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    quote:
    Since last year:

• Director of Engineering's FMLA extended to August, and he is not taking anyone's calls.
  • VP of Engineering is, of 30 minutes ago, "no longer with the company"

• VP of QA: Resigned, last day is Friday
  • Director of Engineering: Officially not returning to old position

We're recycling empty positions now!

----
  •  
    Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
    Apparently, to save on overhead, we've gotten rid of our CFO.
    Cause who need the money guy when you're trying to save money, right? Roll Eyes

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Smartest woman in the world.
    Picture of Jocelyn
    posted Hide Post
    So, my boss is quitting. And she's giving us less than two weeks notice. No one knows what's going to happen next, and I'm a little nail-bitey about it.

If I stay and am promoted, I'll have to work directly for a CIO who has driven away an ENTIRE IT Department. If I stay and I'm not promoted, it might actually be worse, because I don't think the other librarian should sheild me from that CIO at all, and she's kind of flighty and a pain in the butt.

Old boss may still hire me away, but I might have to just jump and work as a temp with her for a while before getting hired on as a perminant employee. That firm likes to have people temp for a while first to see if they are a good fit.

Change, man. It's coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Melittosphex sapiens
    Picture of Hive
    posted Hide Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

*takes breath*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.