Notify
Tools

Condoms
 Login/Join

Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Punkyfins: Monogamy won't solve problems that condoms will. Sorry. It's not about being monogamous.
It's a little easy to assume condoms can be avoided if only you were monogamous.
Not so funny.

Also, most medication will interfere with your hormonal contraception so for a month or so you should use condoms (or abstain, I guess).

And I feel compelled to say, even in a monogamous relationship, you really should get tested with some regularity. As someone who's found out recently the last 9 months of her long-term relationship she was being cheated on -love doesn't magically protect you from stuff.

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
Like 'fins said, my agreement was a nod to the joke.
I have only ever been in one monogamous relationship and (I cringe to say it) I didn't have sex till the wedding night. It's true.
However - I also went for all the tests after the wedding Smile
And I also recently stopped taking the hormonal birth control pill because it was making me sick, so...
Yeah.

Anyway. My agreement was in jest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
It just riles me, is all, that perfectly practical discussions on contraceptives (we all agree family planning, and protecting yourself and your partner is a good thing, no?) needs to get a normative edge as if 'long term monogamous' would be a solution for family planning (and protection). One might as well say this thread is a great argument for just having kids.

quote:
I have only ever been in one monogamous relationship and (I cringe to say it) I didn't have sex till the wedding night. It's true.

Don't cringe. There's no shame in that.

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Punkyfins:
quote:

Don't cringe. There's no shame in that.

thanks Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no maps for these places we're lost within
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2535 | Location: Happy Place | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post