Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    thread days feel ... when you for those part2
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thread days feel ... when you for those part2
 Login/Join

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I seem to be better today. Perhaps I have had an epiphany. Yesterday was worse because I was so tired and my parents would Not Stop Talking.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I have nothing but hugs. I'd love to hear more about the flat though and how you'd like to decorate it, 'cos I love hearing about stuff like that.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25418 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I will try to dig out the thread about... decorating or something? I'm sure there was one...

has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Glad you feel better today, but hugs nevertheless. Smile

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
I'm sick of the sight of shitty nappies.
I'm sick of the sight of DIY stuff.
I'm sick of being woken up at 6 in the morning - I am tired all the time...

I work nearly a full time job, look after a child the rest of the time, do DIY with the extra time I don't have, don't get enough sleep, spend literally 5 full days clearing and tidying the new house and then yesterday had the exciting sight of water pouring through our ceiling after a bang and spray from our boiler.

HAPPY NEW HOUSE, everyone.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
I know that feel, bro...

(well, unemployed at the moment, so taking care of child/children most of the day. Honestly not sure if that's better or worse.)

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I agree 1000%.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8103 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
*headdesk*
I need a fucking day OFFFFFF

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Can't give you that. I haz a hug though.

(Keep at it. You rock, and don't you forget it!)

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Three Go-Lives in two weeks. THREE.

Best call yet:

Me: "... are you using a PC or a Mac?"

Them: "I'm using a laptop."

Posts: 32900 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Totally panicking about NSPCC's screw-up - a local branch chair sent a supporting statement - a SUPPORTING STATEMENT, FOR FUCKSAKE - to Stuart Hall's defence team, in mitigation of his abuse.

Half of me is raging against the NSPCC - they really need to sack this woman and totally distance themselves pronto from her actions. The idea that someone who in theory is knowledgeable about child abusers and how they operate would still do this for Hall, really panics me. The other half of me is completely freaking out at the number of people who (perfectly, absolutely justifiably) are dissing the NSPCC in public and cancelling their direct debits. We need the NSPCC, or if not them, something similar.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I am so stressed about moving and I DON'T KNOW WHY. I was not this stressed about the last one, when we had more stuff, more furniture and less choice in the matter, but I am working myself into a quiet little frenzy over this one.

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
That's exactly it, the more choices, the more stressed - because you're the one having to make all the choices! It's also a rather more permanent move, which is (for people like me, anyway) hugely more stressful. Hang in there, you'll get through this.

Posts: 10993 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
*Titles this past while The Tale of Sexual, but Mostly Worldly, Frustration.*

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*sigh*

y'all know I love my husband, right? I mean, there was that time several years ago when things got bad, but we worked through that.

I'm at a place where I'm cool with my life. He's... not.

There are a few of you who have him on facebook and may have noticed that he posts some really desperate posts lately. I'm also confused by the way he reposts/likes pics of random chicks. They seem so gratuitous.

He used to listen to me when his demons got too loud. He hasn't really listened to me for years.

So first off, for those of you who do see this crap on facebook, I'm sorry. I have never really followed his posts 'cos it's all about stuff I'm not interested in.

But lately it's gotten bad enough that his boss called me to tell me that he's messing up stuff at work. And she reads his posts and now she's all worried. Today he blew up at something fairly trivial and then got in the car and drove away. He came back a few hours later and we're all just either expected to forget anything happened or if I bring it up he goes on a rant about how he's useless and can never do anything right.

I keep telling him to go see a doctor, but what else can I really do? I've been with him for over twenty years now and if he hasn't listened to me by now I don't see how anything else I can say will change his mind.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25418 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry hon Frown *hugs* You're right that if he's not in the habit of listening to you, he's probably not going to now unless something drastic happens. You've tried, but I know that's not much consolation as you're watching someone you care about go down a dark path.

If his boss has already called you to say that she's worried, perhaps she could suggest to him that he see someone? I don't want to suggest that she make his job dependent on it at this point, but if things keep getting worse it could eventually come down to that anyway...

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Maeve, I'm sorry to hear about your husband and I wish I could say something useful to the effect of helping him. I will say that while a doctor or a therapist won't be an automatic cure for the unhappiness he seems to be feeling but it will hopefully help if and when he finally sees the need to seek it.

I'm sorry to hear that he has not really talked with you about this in a really long time. That's really tough. And what Jena says is very true. I hope that his boss will present him the advice that you have been trying to give him for a while now. It's hard: on both sides. I just hope that it works out well. *hugs*

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
That moment when you get a tweet from someone you like and it turns out that it's because their account got hacked instead.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Update on the above:

He did see the doctor who did prescribe antidepressants, but also did some more blood work and it came back positive for Lyme disease, which now makes all of his actions make a little more sense. Yes, he's always had low self esteem and dealt with depression, but it's never been this bad. But Lyme disease has it's own mess of problems and tends to intensify depression.

Things have been better lately.

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow. I haven't been it this part of the board for a while. I hope that knowing the cause helps with better treatment.

((Hugs))

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post