Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    thread days feel ... when you for those part2
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thread days feel ... when you for those part2
 Login/Join

Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Neverending *HUGS* to you, Mythos.

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*adds some extra bigsquishyhugs to the pile*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ceridwen and Maeve. I appreciate them. *hugs*

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Just FUCK. Everything.

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
**hugs**

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
more *hugs*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
You don't have to be financially poor to feel like you're losing everything. Even if you know that isn't true: not completely.

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to be shopping with my mum today but instead I left in tears and cried all the way back to London.

And now I'm home worried that she's upset, when really she's probably just pissed off and chalking it up to another thing that stupid, failure, unstable Amy's done.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Dearest Domi,

Sometimes tears just happen! Also, *hugs*

mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
You aren't a failure, you aren't stupid, your not unstable and your mum knows it *hugs*

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
*nudges Domi*

Iz bullshit you know, what you're thinking about yourself.

~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I'm alright. It would be 70% better if I had a job I was good at, which I didn't have to travel and stay away from home for. I don't have a chance to catch my breath.

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I know you are good at your current job; the problem is your current job just isn't worthy of you and your skills. No disparagement of your current job there - I'm essentially a jumped-up administrator and it suits me very well - but that's not what you are trained for or where your sympathies lie. You are good at your current job, but your current job isn't good at *you*.

I've never met your mum, but I cannot imagine her not being proud of what an extraordinary person you are.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Does anybody on this board have a job which is everything they ever wanted? Anyone?

I know I don't. I like my colleagues though. And I get paid. Trouble is, even at 50, I have no idea where any of my strengths lie. I have no confidence in taking any real responsibility on. So I type other people's talk, which I have to change to make sense most of the time anyway.

It's shit.

Stick at it Domi. If you know what you want go for it.

I love you lot.

PS - looks like I ranted work stuff in the wrong place. sorry.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
~hugs~

I seem to recall a survey a couple of years ago that said 80% were indifferent to or hated their jobs. As Hive said though, it is your job that isn't good at you, not the other way around.

On June 29th it will be exactly five years since I've had a paid job I enjoyed. It is now four years since my paid work was enough to pay the bills. At the start of this month, even the paying job that I hated disappeared. I have a job interview next week, but no way of getting to it, I'm temping but the agency's disorganisation lost me a full-time assignment this week. I turned thirty this year & yet I'm going to have to ask my increasingly frail grandmother to throw more money into the black hole that is my life. It seems every career solution I've tried so far has made things worse, not better. This is making me afraid of my own ideas.

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Oh goodness. I hope everything gets better soon. Have you got a safe bet job you can do if you get stuck? (I suppose the temping is that)
Good luck.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2723 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Motley Smile

I have now got alonger term job with a different temping agency, so things are looking a bit better.

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
mutant hedgehog worm
Picture of halucinagenia
posted Hide Post
So I left my passport at home for trip with parents totally idiotic thing to do but it turns into giant failure self loathing thoughts which result in insomniac crying mess

Posts: 9896 | Location: The heart of gold | Registered: July 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
*hugs* Hal

~Joe

Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
I think someone I work with may be self-harming. I know they're going through a tough time outside of work at the moment, and I noticed knife wounds on their forearm on Wednesday. They weren't bloody, but didn't look like years-old-scars either.

I asked my team-leader, without mentioning any details, what I should do if I had concerns about the mental health of a colleague. He said I should speak to their team leader, which I did yesterday.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this issue will be dealt with sensibly, sensitively and in the right way. But now I'm massively paranoid that maybe they were old scars and this is something the person involved hasn't done for years, and if their team leader now speaks to them about it, with everything else they've got going on outside of work, it could push them into a massive depression. Or that simply by mentioning it to their team leader I'm putting them in a situation where people will doubt their ability to do their job (which is not even an issue, here, in my opinion. They are extremely hard working and their work hasn't suffered at all that I can tell).

I think I did the right thing but I'm really worried about what will happen now. What would you guys have done in my situation?

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post