Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Pissed Off?!? I'm just getting started ...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pissed Off?!? I'm just getting started ...
 Login/Join

Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
I am really pissed off about this whole DC making Oracle Batgirl again. Maybe it seems a bit silly to get worked up over a comic character, but... Oracle was cool. As someone who's disabled I think it's great that they had a disabled heroine. It just kind of gave me a character I could identify with on that level. I really like that she didn't stop fighting crime after needing to use a wheelchair, no, she went right on and kept kicking ass. And now seeing people from DC talk about the reasoning and other people on why they support DC's change, just hit a nerve. (Thankfully I have also seen a great number of people who think DC made a big mistake, and that they should keep Oracle.) I just, can't believe some people are saying it's good to see Oracle be her "ideal self" or that she can DO so much more as Batgirl. Fuck that. People with disabilities can just do as much as anyone else, they just do things differently. This is the exact reason the only episode of Glee I ever saw pissed me off so much. Because they had some fucking dream sequence where the kid in the wheelchair dreamed of walking again so he could dance (you know, ignoring that there are dance groups made up entirely of people who have to use wheelchairs) and thought how great that would be. I am just tired of the way people with disabilites are usually portrayed in the media. So to all those TV show writers and comic writers who seem to think that all disabled people want is to be "normal": go fuck yourselves. Instead of doing that shit, why don't you write about all the great things people can do while being disabled. WHICH IS WHAT ORACLE DID! And now DC took that character away. And that is bullshit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Moon Jester,

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
JESUS FUCK I LEFT HIM YEARS AGO. WHY DO I STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM? HE FINDS NEW WAYS TO SCREW UP MY LIFE WEEK BY WEEK!

/capslock of RAEG

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*hugs* Sorry you have to deal with this crap.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Thank you - it helps.

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I will send him my cold germs. And raeg vibes.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this, Hive. I will say it again, Kidlet is so fortunate to have you.

*hugs*

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10997 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Thank you, hun. *hugs and menthol tissues*

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hive:
JESUS FUCK I LEFT HIM YEARS AGO. WHY DO I STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM? HE FINDS NEW WAYS TO SCREW UP MY LIFE WEEK BY WEEK!

/capslock of RAEG

A-fucking-men

*hands off lead pipe*

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is like fusion cuisine, if Canada can be seen as having a cuisine.
Picture of G~R
posted Hide Post
So, my sis-in-law just informed me via Facebook that "she thinks she's coming with us today". (dinner and movie with TM's aunt)
Ok.
#1, we didn't invite her.
#2, we haven't solidified plans yet.
#3, via FACEBOOK? For crying out loud, it's free to call me or text me.
Trying not to be pissed about this but I'm tired and I'm pregnant and I've been queasy all day. And it's just RUDE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
boldly going somewhere
Originally Registered: June 14, 2007

Posts: 2556 | Location: Not Honolulu, Hawai'i | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO "REPLY ALL".

FER FUCKS SAKE.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alaura:
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO "REPLY ALL".

FER FUCKS SAKE.

I fight that battle ALL the time. *facepalm*

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
If you are elderly in Ohio, reliant upon Medicaid and in need of assistance in the state of Ohio. Our Sheriff (Aka governor) would to send you a big FUCK YOU and take a jagged steel wire brush to your nether regions.

FUCK YOU KASICH!!! Mad F U C K Y O U!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
Dear OSAP:

I hate you so much. So fucking much.

Posts: 6059 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
oh fer fucksake, I can't even bitch over there!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
oh fer fucksake, I can't even bitch over there!

I'm sorry honey if I started something.

Also, fuck that bitch. If she cares more about a stupid deer than you she needs to get removed from the friends list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Oh no! I'm not referring to anyone or anything from this board!

I'm used to her being like that and can ignore it, but not when it keeps getting harped on.

I actually forgot she was over there too. I should know better and just gripe here Smile

But, if she had bothered to read the rest of my rant, it was actually against my husband.

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
AAAAUUUUGGGHHH! I had resigned myself to doing custodial work over the winter break, since dining services jobs were in short supply and had accepted a 5 a.m. to 1:30 pm slot.
Yesterday, HR called and said they made a "mistake with the numbers" and there wasn't a job for me, other than ones that conflict with my 2nd job.

NOW what am I supposed to do?

~Joe

Posts: 24418 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I fucking hate Christmas right now. I can't seem to do anything without fucking it up. How much we spend. How many presents we buy. What comes from Santa and what from us. Fuck it. Apparently I don't know how to do any of it right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JP:
I fucking hate Christmas right now. I can't seem to do anything without fucking it up. How much we spend. How many presents we buy. What comes from Santa and what from us. Fuck it. Apparently I don't know how to do any of it right.

*hugs* Breath JP.

At Beez - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAV0gZ8Idb0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I did breathe a little last night before bed and it helped. It also helped that as I'm laying there Rae turns to me and says, "I'm sorry you don't like Christmas, I wish there was something I could do to make it more fun for you." which then started a short but good conversation about what was bothering me (and that her baking is one thing I DO like about Christmas). I'm not quite so pissed, but honestly, the whole stress of present buying is so antithetical to what I want this holiday to be about *sigh*

And that song is funny Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ladykatza:

At Beez - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAV0gZ8Idb0

Let's see that again...

~Joe