Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  FLAME WARS    Pissed Off?!? I'm just getting started ...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pissed Off?!? I'm just getting started ...
 Login/Join

was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
Even if my warranty HAS run out, I refuse to pay you $50 for a Yes or No answer!

And you! I don't want a diagnostic run thats going to cost me $200. I don't need to be told that "Yes, there IS something wrong with your laptop" when I already know! I don't want the problem fixed, I want my laptop completely wiped and started from scratch. And I *know* that there's a way to do it without my start up disks, so don't pretend like you need to go through your magical $200 voo-doo ritual when I already know what the end result will be! Just tell me the buttons I need to push!

It's finals week, people...have some compassion on a broke college student!

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
really is wicked
Picture of St.Barbarella
posted Hide Post
Whilst I'm a humanist and wish good will to all mankind, sometimes I want place a certain group of people on an island and blow said island up.

I'm talking about the unnecessarily violent assholes who ruin people's evenings by picking fights and threatening people over minor things.

Case One:

Asshole in bar last night, who when my mate accidentally spilt his beer and some of it splashed over asshole's coat, threatened to kill my mate, as well as me and my boyfriend if we didn't leave the bar asap. Yeah, thanks for that, we wasted money on a game of pool we couldn't finish and three drinks we couldn't finish either. I hope you feel real big now. I hope your damn coat was made out of pixie dust or unicorn fur or something.

Case Two:

Asshole who threatened my boyfriend to get out of a taxi cab, even though my boyfriend hailed it down and was sitting in it. Even though it was a busy main road and there are about 20 taxi cabs going past a minute. Yeah, well done mate, I hope you feel big and clever for making such a fuss over a taxi cab. I hope you got home 3 seconds earlier and managed to save someone's life because of that.

Case Three:

Asshole who punched my boyfriends sisters mate in the face, because your scabby girlfriend thought someone else was 'looking at her funny'.

All these people and more can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, because they ruin people's nights for no apparent reason other than they're drunk and have extremely low self esteem. Well done.

Oh, and Universities across the country, stop advertising almost all your club events around drink. It'll solve your problem of wondering why so many teenagers get pissed out of their heads and getting into fights and ruining other people's evenings out. And all university-related literature, stop perpetuating the cliche of the drunken student. It's pathetic and irrelevant.

-----------------------------

St.Barbarella:
Sexy Tart.
Buys Ale, Reads Books, And Really Enjoys Leaving Lovers Aching - JP

yes, University is all about incontinence - Mythos

You are a Tradesman. Long before labor unions, your guilds were powerful enough to make a free-market capitalist run away screaming. Who controls the British Crown? Who keeps the metric system down? You do, you do.

Posts: 11561 | Location: ooop norrff | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
ooh, this guy pulled out in front of me (into traffic from a parking lot, just to clarity), noticed me and paused but would not stop even though I had right of way and was very close, etc. I honked a lot; I thought he didn't see me and would end up crashing into us.

then! he rides my bumper hard until I change lanes to make my exit, then he rushes past me and flips me the bird, as though I was the driver who'd just come this close to causing a collision.

the husband was ready to get out of the car and pound him. I had to lock the windows to keep him from yelling obscenities out the window.

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
really is wicked
Picture of St.Barbarella
posted Hide Post
Damn! Road rage scares me, and I'm happy not to drive at the moment!

But you did the right thing. I'm always of the mind to walk away from these people. I don't want my face smashed in because of someone's insane lack of logic..

St.Barbarella:
Sexy Tart.

You are a Tradesman. Long before labor unions, your guilds were powerful enough to make a free-market capitalist run away screaming. Who controls the British Crown? Who keeps the metric system down? You do, you do.

Posts: 11561 | Location: ooop norrff | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
exactly! and I don't want to act like them by way of protecting my "honor" or whatever. I feel like those people are disrespecting themselves, not me, by their behavior.

the husband, however, is very Irish and absolutely does not see things that way. he's quite funny. Razz

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
really is wicked
Picture of St.Barbarella
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

ha! I have a friend (the one that split the drink over the crazy guy in the bar) who's like that. We had to spend an hour calming him down as he shouted obscenities in the street and re-enacted what he'd do to that guy, and tell us that the whole of Christmas was ruined now because of that incident!

St.Barbarella:
Sexy Tart.

Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
rofl, oh, that sounds just like the husband! he would get along with your friend. Smile

~ fLame Woosh ~

really is wicked
Picture of St.Barbarella
posted Hide Post
Oh, and another thing, why does our University library have such poor IT skills?

Why are so many computers just sitting there with 'I'm not working' lables on them?

Why are they so slow for no aparant reason?

St.Barbarella:
Sexy Tart.

Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
it is because the librarians are evil!

*nods*

*hides*

Posts: 20852 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Istanbul was never Constantinople. They lied.
Picture of Cyan Dream
posted Hide Post
AAAARGH! Parents! Stop freaking waking me up in the morning, when I haven't slept the night before, because you don't think I should be asleep that late in the day! I'm fucking tired! And I get a headache and get very cranky when I'm woken up for no reason!

And listening to a message on the answering machine is not a reason! It will still be there when I wake up later! It will only irritate me more because it's an important message about going and learning about a graphic design agency for a couple of weeks, and I can't pay attention to it when I'm half-asleep! And I certainly can't make a decision about it then, either!

I really do appreciate that you are trying to help me get a sense for the field, and I really do want to go and do this, but maybe not in the next couple of weeks because they are exactly the same weeks that someone I haven't seen in years is visiting me, and I want to spend time with him. And I can't articulate this, or form a plan that divides my time up nicely, because I am still trying to wake up and stop being irrationally angry at being awake after three hours of fitful sleep.

It does not mean I am ungrateful, okay? I am quite grateful, but your methods make me feel like you're trying to force me to make a decision when I'm at a disadvantage, and that makes me REALLY ANGRY (even if it is not what you mean to be doing).

inagreyplace + colour theory.

Posts: 3426 | Location: purgatory, USA. | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
NOOO! The library is supposed to be open until 6! Why must you close down at 3:30, WHY?!?

*angry sobs*

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4118 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
My ipod completely froze, again. Same way as the last time, it's completely charged, play it for a while and bam, it freezes and hangs like that until the battery discharges itself.

I do hope it's gotten this out of it's system before I actually need it for the drive to the airport.

And what I'm really doing in this thread:

Could all you people working in checkout lines STOP ASSUMING I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CHRISTMAS??? Fine, you celebrate it and therefore from your point of view you're just wishing me well, but "Have a nice day" covers that!! And don't give me a dirty look when I snarkily say "Happy Solstice"

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
will crush you with her mighty shoe
Picture of ninjabatty
posted Hide Post
What in you mind tells you that it's a good idea to schedule people to close this night and open the next morning? It's the shopping season, we close at 11 tonight and open at 7 tomorrow! I'll be so wired from 9 hours tonight that I won't be able to sleep, and then the alarm goes off at 6. Grrr...

And back to the regularly scheduled program.

quote:
Originally posted by Maeve: Could all you people working in checkout lines STOP ASSUMING I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CHRISTMAS??? Fine, you celebrate it and therefore from your point of view you're just wishing me well, but "Have a nice day" covers that!! And don't give me a dirty look when I snarkily say "Happy Solstice"

*giggle* I am in the opposite position. I have customers telling me Merry Christmas all day long so I chipperly say "Happy Hannukah!" in return Smile I think I am going to alternate with Happy Solstice now

"Don't be surprised if your son gets his butt kicked by a rabbit one of these days."
-Zoe to her mother in Baby Blues

Posts: 2684 | Location: Behind your sofa | Registered: February 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
enlightened website user
Picture of the other duncan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeanBatwoman:
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve: Could all you people working in checkout lines STOP ASSUMING I GIVE A DAMN ABOUT CHRISTMAS??? Fine, you celebrate it and therefore from your point of view you're just wishing me well, but "Have a nice day" covers that!! And don't give me a dirty look when I snarkily say "Happy Solstice"

*giggle* I am in the opposite position. I have customers telling me Merry Christmas all day long so I chipperly say "Happy Hannukah!" in return Smile I think I am going to alternate with Happy Solstice now

The boys have a couple of catchphrase pairs that they trade off on occasion, when they aren't screaming obsenities at each other - one is from Pokemon:

"Jesse."
"JAmes."

The other from H.P.:

"Happy Christmas, Harry!"
"Happy Christmas, Ron."

Or you could (paraphrase) from 'Gremlins':

"My father died on Christmas eve ...
dressed up as Santa, then got stuck 1/2 way down the chimney.

Didn't find him for 3 days ..."

(not his real name)

Posts: 6861 | Location: darned eff I know | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
i hate my job. and i am fucking pissed off with the company who couldn't afford to take me on but loved me and then thought they might be able to afford me at a lower salary but it wasn't a concrete offer and i haven't heard anything since.

stop fucking messing me around! i hate my current job and i would love to work for you. so for fuck's sake stop getting my fucking hopes up if you can't actually afford another fucking member of staff. it's not fair.

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MeanBatwoman? My name is Shirley!:
What in you mind tells you that it's a good idea to schedule people to close this night and open the next morning? It's the shopping season, we close at 11 tonight and open at 7 tomorrow! I'll be so wired from 9 hours tonight that I won't be able to sleep, and then the alarm goes off at 6. Grrr...

And back to the regularly scheduled program.

quote:

*passes round the humbugs*

Even Richard Dawkins says Merry Christmas! Why on earth does it matter? Most people don't celebrate it as a religious festival anyway!

If anyone wished me happy solstice I'd give them a look, too, but that's mainly becuase it annoys me how people claim to be performing 'timeless rituals' when there are only about three sources on the druids, and those are unreliable and don't mention it. Roll Eyes (clarification: I have no problem with pagans, I have a problem with people making up history)

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
Even Richard Dawkins says Merry Christmas! Why on earth does it matter? Most people don't celebrate it as a religious festival anyway!

I'm assuming you heard Richard Dawkins admit this morning to singing christmas carols, too? I'm with him on this - it's a cultural thing, not necessarily a religious thing.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I was Big Grin

I mean, no one in my family is religious, and of the people I know and have known through school (all of whom celebrate christmas) only two are religious, and one is a Hindu.

I dunno, it's like those people who VERY FIRMLY say "Seasons Greetings". Make me want to stab them in the knees. *displays tollerance*

I have noticed, though, that Hindus get more fireworks for their stuff, and this makes me envious. I demand the cultural homogenisation of Diwali!

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I usually don't mind and I do believe that whoever is wishing me a Happy Whatever is sincerely just wishing me well, whatever the semantics - I think it's just that it's not contained to merely December anymore.

A few years ago it crept up to just after Thanksgiving and then it was just before Thanksgiving and this year I saw Christmas stuff/heard Christmas music in store before Halloween!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
yeah, we have that too - in John Lewis and places like that the christmas department gets opened up at about the end of September.