Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  more Other Works    Neverwhere BBC Radio Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neverwhere BBC Radio Show
 Login/Join

posted
hello friends

i am wondering if anyone in the states is able to find the neverwhere radio show referenced by neil in his blog post today. i've been searching on the bbc radio show pages for the past couple weeks trying to find a reference to when they will start posting the show (since it is slated to start this month) without success. i'm in minnesota and would love to listen in if and when it's avaialble to us low lyers in the states.

thanks,
hilo

Posts: 1 | Location: Prior Lake, Minnesota | Registered: March 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hilobrynn:
hello friends

i am wondering if anyone in the states is able to find the neverwhere radio show referenced by neil in his blog post today. i've been searching on the bbc radio show pages for the past couple weeks trying to find a reference to when they will start posting the show (since it is slated to start this month) without success. i'm in minnesota and would love to listen in if and when it's avaialble to us low lyers in the states.

thanks,
hilo

March 16th

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't listen to radio station , so its harder for me to help you.

I'm quite confident the readers of the Neil Gaim message board are intelligent enough to search out the 'best natural spray tan' should they require one, so I'll just delete this little bit of spam shall I ... Smaug

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

Jose A Logan

Posts: 1 | Location: 203 W State Street | Registered: March 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good news- It'll be podcast:

Download - Drama of the week
The first episode of Neverwhere will be offered as the Drama of the Week and will be available to download from the BBC Podcast website from Friday March 22nd.

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kli
posted Hide Post
You can listen to it on the iPlayer internationally (i.e., from the USA) at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Episode 1, "London Below" is here. It aired Saturday on Radio 4, was repeated on Sunday on 4 Extra, and episodes 2-6 will air one each weekday on 4 Extra.

The overall site for the show is here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r522y and includes interviews and extra stuff. Smile

All the BBC radio is usually available for up to 7 days from the time of broadcast. BTW, there's also a Terry Pratchett Discworld adaptation (Eric) going on right now, too. And if you're a big Benedict Cumberbatch fan, you may want to keep an eye out for when 4 Extra repeats Cabin Pressure.

After all six episodes of Neverwhere have been broadcast, I believe they'll show up on the Drama of the Week podcast:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/ptw

Posts: 54 | Location: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anybody heard any news about whether Neverwhere will be rebroadcast, or if it's going to be available again on the BBC iplayer? I saw it was supposed to be available for a year and then when I went back to listen to it, it was unavailable with no note as to when that might change. Frown

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone know the answer?

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post