Find
Notify
Tools

INSTRUCTIONS
 Login/Join

*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted
I have always loved this poem. I remember sharing it with my story telling class in grad school. I love C. Vess's art work, and I love the little video thing Neil posted in his blog.(Sorry I just had to share)

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I've only heard it, from that clip of Neil reading it. It is wonderful.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of my favorite stories of all time.

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OtherSister
posted Hide Post
yeah I loved it too. It's just perfect. And so sweet. I got a quote from there on my siggy right now
|
|
V
There seems to be an aspect of every fairytale in that book.

Then go home.
Or make a home.
Or rest.

Posts: 7 | Registered: January 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
It's very cute, I just got a copy for christmas for *me* from my mam, and bought a copy for christmas *from* me to one of my nieces.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely adore the story. Wife and I packed up our belongings in storage in June and hit the road for an extended tour of the southwest (U.S.). Brought the illustrated book with us and read it when we began the adventure and periodically throughout to remind ourselves just what it was we had undertaken. We love reading "children's" books for all ages together. Jon J. Muth also one of our favorite creators...

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post