Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Omens Movie??
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone know the status of the filming of the Good Omens movie?? I am sure that I am behind here but I believe that shooting is in limbo?? This true?? Any truth to Johnny Depp or Joseph Feines playing Crowley??

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
I think the movie is not dead yet, someone has the right to it that would still like to do it. But it's not close to getting started either.

As for the Johnny Depp part, my understanding was that it's just speculation at this point. I don't think they're close enough to making the movie to start negotiating the cast yet.

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Raven
posted Hide Post
I think it's about as dead as it'll ever get. Terry Gilliam was the guy on tap to direct it (I think that could have worked) but it's long gone. It may get revived someday, but at the present (to the best of my knowledge) there's nothing going on.

-----------------------------

Great vampires never die, they just fade away.

Posts: 74 | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One can only hope Stardust does well. That way it might be easier to get financing (and all other bits needed) for a Good Omens movie.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Recently at ComicCon, Neil said he and Gilliam are ready to go, it's just a matter of finding $17 million dollars.

Like Greup said, hopefully if Stadust does well, the $17 million might fall from the sky.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kenji
posted Hide Post
When I read GOOD OMENS, Crowley was Steve Buscemi in my mind.

Posts: 30 | Location: 日本....I mean, "Japan" | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Erm, I'm pretty sure he said $70 million, not $17. I would imagine Good Omens would need at least the same budget Stardust had...

(and at the same panel holding a bake sale to raise the money was disucssed and the first thing I thought of were the WE t-shirts! Razz)

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
(I've already suggested to Dan that there needs to be a Good Omens Bake Sale tshirt.)

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Korarnithlas
posted Hide Post
Ah, a movie...that would be awesome as long as it was done on an LOTR type budget...

And they'd have to have the frozen lawyers on the path to Hell...

Posts: 9 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qwerky
posted Hide Post
Only... Robin Williams might be Aziraphale.

That's just wrong.

I always pictured him kind of willowy. Refined. Not Robin Williams.

I'm all for Johnny Depp-Crowley though. (:

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enough w/ johnny depp....

I'd enjoy Simon Peg and Nick Frost as the leads those 2 are great together, the rest of the cast could be a hodge podge of cameo's come on now satanic nuns, 4 horsemen, and there biker cohorts.
the devise family the Pulsifers... you could really have a blast (not really a pun but seeing Agnes Nutter explode while being burned at the stake and really nailing the nay sayers' would be a hoot!) and the great delivery man delivering the implements of the apocalypse that would be grand. and finally our wonderful hound of hell, Dog.

let johnny take a rest to much of a good thing you know...

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Slowpoke
posted Hide Post
I hope this becomes a movie worth watching.

I want to see the mountains of fish, and the flying scooter...and of course, Dog.

...I'll just go back and reread the book...(I'm not English, and I'm still trying to get it all in.)

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From a recent Empire interview Gilliam still has an itching to make Good Omens.
From previous atempts he was touting Johnny Depp as the demon and Robin Williams as the angel and in true Doubtfire fashion he would also play the medium later possesed.

Posts: 34 | Registered: September 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just curious. What would all of you think if this was an animated movie?

Not Pixar or Disney stuff but CG as dark and humorous as it would need to be.

There are plenty of good studios out there that could pull it off.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
live action, animated, animie, as long as its good I really don't mind the media.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that they were looking for $70 million to make the movie. I'll hazard a guess that it could be done for less than that if it was CG.

With the right team and team leads it could be done for much less.

Boy, I would love to take that on.

-Paul

www.hyperent.com

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i found good omens, to be very close to the hitchhikers guide to the universe in the movie form. A comedy of the end of the world with english characters. i do believe good omens the book was far superior, but for the motion picture world too similiar. once again i love good omens but i feel the publics perception would compare it to H.G.T.T.U.. some of the characters are waiting for their roles to be expanded, or stories to be told in-depth. many diamonds ,polished, in the treasure chest here

Posts: 173 | Location: sun-room | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. correction.
oh i bet with this many brits running about nothing good could of came of that

Posts: 173 | Location: sun-room | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i've never read hitchhikers guide to the galaxy but i keep hearing they are similar. How so?

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
Aside from being both intelligently humorous books by British authors? Nothing. Sure they both have The End Of The World as a part of the plot, but one is preventative and the other what happens next to one ape like descendant of apes.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post