Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  more Other Works    Neil's recommended reading: 10 mythic fantasy books
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neil's recommended reading: 10 mythic fantasy books
 Login/Join

Always the April Fool
Picture of Manxom Vroom
posted

Posts: 10542 | Location: Detroit Rock City | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Always the April Fool
Picture of Manxom Vroom
posted Hide Post
Note to the mods: upon further reflection, it seems to me this thread belongs in the "Other Writers" forum rather than here. Would you please consider moving it? Thanks.

Posts: 10542 | Location: Detroit Rock City | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
I'm really glad 'Archer's Goon' is on this list, it was my favourite book as a kid and I still re-read it now. I've been looking unsucessfully for the old BBC program based on it (on DVD)for a few years now...

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
I've read Viriconium, most of the New Sun books, and Jurgen. Viriconium's the only one that really made a significant impact on me. Jurgen was clever, and often imitated in Heinlein's later work, but it's just amusing, nothing more. Wolfe just seems dry, bloodless.

No Watership Down? No LotR?

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lord of Light: It's fantasy, or it's science fiction, or it's a retelling of the tales of the Hindu gods, as they encounter Mahasamatman, who may be Buddha and may just be a guy called Sam. It's a book I reread every few decades, and love.

I read Lord of Light a few months ago, seemed fairly straightforward sf, they talk about old Earth, and when they first came to their new world. Maybe I missed some ambiguous stinger somewhere.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I refuse to read the Wolfe books. The Ulysses of science fiction, no way man, no way.

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post