Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  more Other Works    This thread has nothing to do with Neil's works & was spam until a Mod got here
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This thread has nothing to do with Neil's works & was spam until a Mod got here
 Login/Join

posted
all spam gone bye bye

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Smaug,

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scootie Pie
posted Hide Post
Not sure what I hate more, the outright spam or the hi-I'm-your-new-pseudo-friend-plz-click-on-my-stupid-sh*t posts.

This is why I can't be a moderator. My cute little head would explode with bile and rage. And then I'd track down all these spambots and start a viral war with them. And that'd be bad for my karma.

Posts: 257 | Location: The Land of Awesome. Population: Not You | Registered: September 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
The bad man has gone Scootie, your Karma remains intact.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
Over at the Tad Williams Board there were heavy human spam bot attacks last autumn. The admins then just for the funof it put up an entire forum called Spam on top of the board and amost all spam really was posted there.

See: http://www.tadwilliams.com/for...pic.php?id=10347&p=5

But then the lords of code got the problem fixed and the spam forum was no longer needed.

What I really hate about these things is that I get exited if I see new posts in the book section of the boards and instead of something interesting it is just crap.

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ylvs:
Over at the Tad Williams Board there were heavy human spam bot attacks last autumn. The admins then just for the funof it put up an entire forum called Spam on top of the board and amost all spam really was posted there.

See: http://www.tadwilliams.com/for...pic.php?id=10347&p=5

But then the lords of code got the problem fixed and the spam forum was no longer needed.

What I really hate about these things is that I get exited if I see new posts in the book section of the boards and instead of something interesting it is just crap.

It really is a seasonal thing, like deer ticks or the flu.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
A job spamming is a nice way to kill time during the rainy season. There is not much to do when the typhoons blow through. It is a cottage industry among expats.

5¢ per post with a 5$ minimum payout. In the Philippines 200 posts gives you an average days wage.

They also have pyramid scheme style referral programs.

Dweller your post count would have paid out $2426.20

Someone should find one of these sites and we could all sign up for a week.

ACT NOW AND EARN REAL MONEY FROM HOME! Wink

Posts: 851 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post