Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  more Other Works    reading Neverwhere for the first time
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reading Neverwhere for the first time
 Login/Join

half the man he used to be
posted
and so far, i really like it! its a little weird because it is very similar to the bbc production, much more so than i am used to in book/film comparisons. so in some sense i feel like i already know what is going to happen, but on the other hand i am delightfully surprised on every page by little nuances of the characters...

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Guntotingpumpkin
posted Hide Post
Wait... READING Neverwhere? I have some exploring to do, clearly.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ontario | Registered: March 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
This is funny.
I just read it thinking:

Wait... BBC PRODUCTION of Neverwhere?

I read the book time and again until I found the audio book ... and now a TV-Show? Brilliant!

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, it was originally intended to be a tv series only. Neil began writing the book on set when he realized it wasn't going to achieve what he had in mind.

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4096 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post