Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    Wedding support thread
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 58
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wedding support thread
 Login/Join

Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
*snort* I don't think so. As one of the few guys there who can/will dance (since this wedding WILL be half geeks) I have a feeling you're going to be in HIGH demand! Razz

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jena:
(since this wedding WILL be half geeks)Razz
You obviously underestimate the geekiness of my friends.

----
My baby is cuter than your baby!

Posts: 12872 | Registered: February 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
No, not really, I was just trying to be kind. Razz

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
I just want to post an affirmative "I wuv u" to the board brides-to-be:

TLOML and I have friends that will be getting married in May. TLOML will be a groomsman. The bride-to-be has become...well...obsessive and hysterical and her expectations for everyone else involved in the wedding have come a wee bit ridiculous. For example: they scheduled the wedding for Sunday evening. We'll be coming in from out of town, so this means that we'll have to take off work the following Monday. This wouldn't be a big deal, except, she's also scheduled the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner for friday AFTERNOON. Not evening, afternoon. Which means we'll have to take off another day of work to accomodate their wedding plans. Considering the fact that TLOML have limited vacation days to begin with (due to my cousin's wedding in Florida being a huge production as well), we are a bit miffed, as are the rest of the people coming in from out of town to be in the wedding party. Plus, the tux that they picked out for the groomsmen is $200 to rent. $200 bucks. For something that he doesn't keep.

So, comparing notes on how thoughtful and level-headed you guys have been about your upcoming nuptials, I send hugs and adoration.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
You're so sweet, Miss Alaura. Smile

I send in return advice that you go to Vegas. I've been keeping the bridezilla to myself as much as possible, but she's lurking in the back of my head all the freaking time.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
She's there in my head too, Miss Joccy. I keep mentally kicking her ass and telling her to shut the hell up.

~ Non-Mod-Amy, aka Amy of the Lost Ark

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I kick her in the face, because my imagination has wicked good kung-fu skills.

Posts: 8106 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
I wish we lived closer together. We would have such a good time tag-teaming our weddings.

You are a Bookholder. To prompt, or...LINE! (not to prompt) --not to prompt. That is the question. Whether t'is nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of a bad memory, or to take arms against a sea of textual deviations, and...LINE! (by opposing) --by opposing them...LINE! (end) --end...LINE! (them) --end them...LINE! (to prompt, to correct; no more; and by a correction to say we end the heart-ache of a really terrible performance) You didn't have to give me the whole thing! I know it!

Posts: 11747 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grand High Empress of British Columbia
Picture of Sweetleafe
posted Hide Post
May I suggest that you keep these ninja skills in mind for the actual day *of* cause trust me, you'll need it more then than ever before.

There were a buncha details that got fumbled on our wedding day that really burnt my butter, and an awful confrontations ensued. Despite the support of my precious bridesmaids that day, nothing could have prepared me for the manic pressure before you walk down the aisle.

Best part: the groom had no specific jobs that day, prior to showing up all dolled up, so when the shit hit the fan and I needed a miracle, the one person I trust more than anything took control and fixed it. Thank goodness for that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~Albert Einstein

Posts: 11298 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia | Registered: August 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
One thing I regret is not paying very much attention to my grandmother. I really just assumed that my uncle(grandmother's son) and his family would take care of her, since mum and I were a bit busy. And they didn't. They just sort of left her sitting, dazed and confused and she would have been better off with me, even as crowded as my apartment was.

BUT - my wedding was not very well organised. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
Well, we could ask the band to play it, it just wouldn't make much sense without a vocalist.

(I'm thinking "Dream a little dream of me" - it'd be appropriate, considering where we met!)

eh, it'd make sense to you; the other people can just deal. <snip>

(previous page, but just now catching up)

just wanted to say i agree with Apathy. Escher and i had fun choosing music that we liked, knowing that we might very well be the only ones who recognized some songs, but it was *our* wedding after all. You two could have an instrumental of that song, or play a recording with the vocals, and enjoy having something just the two of you "get".

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
For Matt.

----

The Biscuitkeeper
Picture of Matt Cable
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure that would get shot down by the boss.

Posts: 10768 | Location: Michigan | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
Well how about this? I'm going to sign up right now!

----

Picture of Munk, The Wombat Confessor
posted Hide Post
Those are some ugly flower-girls.

----------------------------
"How do you get from here to the rest of the world?"

Posts: 3317 | Location: The Woodlands | Registered: April 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
If I thought the dogs would behave, I'd have them in the wedding in a heartbeat.

We all know they wouldn't Razz

Also, I LOVE the man registry. It makes me giggle Smile

Did something right
Picture of Big Flinchy!
posted Hide Post
I registered at the man registry, but their choices suck ass. I think I'll just create a wishlist on Amazon.

----

The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
You don't want the Kegerator?

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Cultural question: the man-registry talks about including men in the showers, to up the chances of getting cordless tool-kits, etc, as well as towels and stuff.

I understand the concept of the baby shower (although no-one I know has ever had one) - but a wedding shower? Is this in addition to getting wedding presents, or the occasion on which wedding presents are given?

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15845 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Doughmaster
Picture of TheatreGeek
posted Hide Post
Usually it's a "bridal" shower, when all the bride's friends get together and give her stuff like lingerie, books on being married, etc.