Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The EVEN NEWER "What Are You Listening to Right Now?" Thread
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The EVEN NEWER "What Are You Listening to Right Now?" Thread
 Login/Join

Smiter of the Stupid
Picture of Saint NightWalker
posted Hide Post
Tag Team - "Whoomp: There It Is" (Low Rider Heavy Bass Mix)

Donut: "Oh man, that is a BURN. Dude, you just got BURNED. BURN, dude. BURN."
Simmons: "Oh, shut up! Your armor's pink."

Posts: 2507 | Location: SoCali, USA, Earth | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smiter of the Stupid
Picture of Saint NightWalker
posted Hide Post
...and now... thanks to people sending me the link...

http://bit.ly/fWL08v

/headdesk

Donut: "Oh man, that is a BURN. Dude, you just got BURNED. BURN, dude. BURN."
Simmons: "Oh, shut up! Your armor's pink."

Posts: 2507 | Location: SoCali, USA, Earth | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to The Black Key's "Brothers" and a little Elmore James and Muddy Waters, been in a blues exploration mood for the past year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12489 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
Sainthood by Tegan And Sara

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
Eluveitie Swiss folk metal!

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
Graf watching Daria on LOGO...

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Little Lion Man.

LOVE this song, particularly the bridge. I know this is their most popular track and all, but in this case I think it's not just because of airplay, but because it's fockin' awesome.

Caution: more NSFW than the language in this post.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48716 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett. Another attempt to warm to the Disc World everybody is raving about for ages. I gave it several tries with different books (the last time after I read Good Omens which I enjoyed immensly) of the series recommended by trusted friends but I never finished one. And that hardly ever happens to me.
I fall asleep listening ... oh well.

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
And just to make this clear: I think there must be something wrong with *me* and certainly not with Terry Pratchett.

"Welcome stranger. The paths are treacherous today." Tad Williams, The Dragonbone Chair

Posts: 70 | Location: Kassel, where the Brothers Grimm collected the fairy tales | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Actually, The Colour of Magic and the nearly direct sequel to it, The Light Fantastic are the two weakest Discworld books and I would recommend starting the whole series with either Mort or Wyrd Sisters or Guards! Guards!

There are a LOT of recommendations in the Terry Pratchett thread. At least I think it's in there. We babble about Pratchett a lot and recommend Discworld books a lot too.

Good Omens is a favourite of mine!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vampiric Scottie-bat trainer

posted Hide Post
Oh, don't worry - The Color of Magic is really not the most interesting Discworld book. I started it twice and put it away because I got bored. I'm limiting myself to the City Watch-centric books now (Guards! Guards!, Men at Arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo...), since I find those characters the most interesting - Sam Vimes is THE MAN! Big Grin

(sorry for the divergence, mods - should we take it to the Other Writers section?)

edit - Maeve beat me to it!

Posts: 8222 | Location: Bärlin | Registered: October 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Queen of New York
Picture of Dread Captain Psyko
posted Hide Post
Been spinning the new Fiona Apple album the past three days.

It's a good 'un.

Posts: 9561 | Location: Noo Yawk. | Registered: December 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
Coraline, the Audiobook which I bought thanks to the board.
Whenever I pondered buying it before my research only brought it up read by someone else and I decided against buying. Now I own the shiny reading by Neil himself. Not very far in yet and I dread the button eyes ... always give me the creeps when reading the book.

Picture of ylvs
posted Hide Post
Coraline is not entirly listed to but it is friday, time for may favourite podcast: Mark Kermode and Simon Mayos film reviews on bbc five live. I love this show!

is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
Currently in the midst of an Anna Von Hausswolff inspired playlist on Pandora. My earholes are pleased.

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Frank Turner!

Apparently I have a type: scrawny guy with guitar, simple chords, but can also get quite complex, easy to sing along to earworms, punk spirit, prolific poet, inevitably UKian/Kiwi/Aussie

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
Ska. The answer is always ska.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5631 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post