Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    The EVEN NEWER "What Are You Listening to Right Now?" Thread
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The EVEN NEWER "What Are You Listening to Right Now?" Thread
 Login/Join

Starving artist doctor - well, not starving, but if you happen to have an extra biscuit lying around . . .
Picture of Causa Varmilly
posted Hide Post
Oops. Is to Spotify. Probably only works if you run it already. There's an accoustic version of it on the Daytrotter link up above though.

------------------------------
You are a Leprechaun. I'm not even sure what you are. Whiskey-soaked reports from your baffling Isle of Ire raise more questions than they answer. Are you a dwarf? Where's your pickax? If you're an elf, why don't you cobble? You'd think with all your gold, you could invest in some land, perhaps a title, and improve your station. Instead, you hide it in meteorologically-determined locations. You're getting killed on inflation, little friend!

Posts: 9036 | Location: Belfast, NI | Registered: April 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It's all Wil Wheaton's fault. A while back he blogged about Depeche Mode and specifically the 101 Tour which ended at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. He was there and blogged about his experience. I was there too and except for our gender and where we were in the crowd his experience was pretty much the same as mine. And since then I've been nostalgic for depeche mode. Except I have only cassettes. So I bought and downloaded the 101 Tour stuff and just today received my Amazon order which had Black Celebration and Some Great Reward. Some of this is just so maudlin and silly and despite the fact that I still feel it's written directly from my dark cynical soul, I just can't listen to it without wanting to giggle. But some of it still grooves me. Like A Question of Lust and Stripped and Lie To Me. And Sometimes and Somebody are just lovely songs.

Oddly, Devlin loves Just Can't Get Enough.

And to cap off the Great Nostalgia Post, last night Dev had baseball practice and I sat in the car, knitting. REM's Document shuffled up and I love it today every bit as much as I did in 1987. It's brilliant and I think I'm gonna buy it for my nephew, who is now about the same age as I was when I encountered this CD. He needs a present to christen his new car. Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Joe Henderson - right now "Power to the People", queued up after that "Relaxin' at Camarillo" Good stuff if you like tight brass jazz (I forget who else is playing horns with him). Power to the People has a great funk feel throughout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22795 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
will crush you with her mighty shoe
Picture of ninjabatty
posted Hide Post
My Namie Amuro album just arrived! Squee!

"Don't be surprised if your son gets his butt kicked by a rabbit one of these days."
-Zoe to her mother in Baby Blues

Posts: 2684 | Location: Behind your sofa | Registered: February 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Lost Singer of ABBA
Picture of moni
posted Hide Post
Heavy croo by the gossip

that woman has quite a voice...

Posts: 633 | Location: my sofa, austria | Registered: December 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alt text
posted Hide Post
Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying by Belle & Sebastian.

I did say I was in a mood that only they seem to be able to fix. Been listening to that song a lot these past two days.

Explosions in the Sky seems apt, though, considering the recent bought of lightning storms.

Posts: 38 | Location: guttertown, usa | Registered: May 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
I heart Belle and Sebastian. They are quite a good mood fixer, aren't they? Despite the lyrics

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NicholasRidiculous
posted Hide Post
24 Hours from Tulsa by the Pitney

There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more.

Posts: 275 | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lexis Nexus
Picture of St.CountZero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alt text:

I did say I was in a mood that only they seem to be able to fix. Been listening to that song a lot these past two days.

Explosions in the Sky seems apt, though, considering the recent bought of lightning storms.

The whole If you're Feeling Sinister record is great, and so is the Dog on Wheels EP. Dog on Wheels itself is one of my favorite songs ever. I'm rather dismayed by B+S's current output, however.

----------------------------
Adept of the Burning Chrome

Posts: 16373 | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alt text
posted Hide Post
Calling And Not Calling My Ex by Okkervil River.

iPod's on shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.

Posts: 38 | Location: guttertown, usa | Registered: May 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calumny and dragones be there here
Picture of Fiori
posted Hide Post
"Coma" by Converter

Part of a playlist from our weekly D&D game.

and when I said "hammer" I meant my..." - Captain Hammer

"The orange of your mind tastes like sunshine" - Furious

Posts: 507 | Registered: June 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
Marquee Moon by Television on WOXY's MR 500. Smile

------------------------------

Posts: 15887 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of theirishboy
posted Hide Post
The Falls really rather spiffy cover of Victoria by The Kinks. Hannah is asleep beside me and even she's nodding along to it Smile

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Driving home today after taking Dev bowling Happiness by The Beloved shuffled up. I don't normally care for such upbeat technopop stuff, but the lyrics were always good and this CD has never failed to cheer me up.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25427 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oestre sparagmos!
Picture of fionchadd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by St.CountZero [in a tin can]:
quote:

The whole If you're Feeling Sinister record is great, and so is the Dog on Wheels EP. Dog on Wheels itself is one of my favorite songs ever. I'm rather dismayed by B+S's current output, however.

um. both of you (and indeed anyone else) please go listen to these guys

the tigermilks - citing belle and sebastian and the ramones as their only influences, they do pop punk covers of belle and sebastian songs. they really are quite awesome

count zero - i'm not a massive fan of their recent stuff either. i think i've got pretty much all of their back catalogue, but drew the line at the album with "blues are still blue" on it. it just didn't really feel like them anymore

EP now available for FREE download! Click Here

"Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

a peek inside the whirlwind of my thoughts

Posts: 10543 | Location: deepest darkest somerset | Registered: December 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saharial
posted Hide Post
listening alot to YB aka Yoon Band particularly 'sarang 2'

also enjoying a bit of M from his 1st aklbum and 1st single Smile

------------------------------------------
A giant frog chased me and it had teef!

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2139436 - for all the books i've read and am reading/reviewing
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saharial/ - for my photography ^^

Posts: 466 | Location: Duma Key | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
two fat ladies talking about cooking...CHIKKINZ!!!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20599 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is huge in Japan
Picture of Crow Girl
posted Hide Post
snoring dogs

Posts: 6977 | Location: Fahrvergnügen | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fionchadd:
quote:
Originally posted by St.CountZero [in a tin can]:
quote:

um. both of you (and indeed anyone else) please go listen to these guys

the tigermilks - citing belle and sebastian and the ramones as their only influences, they do pop punk covers of belle and sebastian songs. they really are quite awesome

count zero - i'm not a massive fan of their recent stuff either. i think i've got pretty much all of their back catalogue, but drew the line at the album with "blues are still blue" on it. it just didn't really feel like them anymore

fion - The Tigermilks are awesome! And I really need to get some Ramones stuff. (do the Tigermilks have a CD I can actually buy/download? I haven't had my second cuppa coffee yet and my head is full of knitting designs)

Picture of theirishboy
posted Hide Post
According to their myspace they have a 7" in the making. They said it was supposed to be out january/february, but they've not mentioned anything since. It's a limited run of 300 (in baby blue vinyl!), which you'll need to send off to them for. They said something about a digital release through iTunes too.

The track listing is as follows:
1. Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying
2. She's Losin' It
3. My Wandering Days Are Over
4. Judy and the Dream of Horses

Posts: 14 | Registered: May 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post