Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    So, tell me a little about yourself... ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, tell me a little about yourself... ?
 Login/Join

Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted
I HATE JOB INTERVIEWS!

Yes, please, let me put on a face and airs that have nothing to do with my skills or the job so I can get past the 86 levels of H.R. in your company!

Why do I want to work here? FOR THE MONEY YOU FRICKIN' IDIOT! Mad

I -should- be polishing my elevator speech right now... ugh...

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
how'd the interview go?

stammered through the first question (which WASN'T 'tell me a little about yourself' but 'tell me what you know about the company/industry'... f [CENSORED] ), but nailed the rest of it.

so now i wait.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I'm a reanimated corpse in search of new career opportunities in the seafaring industry. My interests are hijacking vessels, rum, and braaaaaaains. I bring a deep skillset in pirattidute, shambling, grog-swilling, and plunder, with years of hands-on experience in the field. Or the ocean, as the case may be.

Would you like to tell me about some problems you're having in my areas of expertise, and I'll talk about how I'd decapitate them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
My talents are stabbing string with sticks and fondling bread dough. Not at the same time, of course.

Whatdya mean, I'm not qualified?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure you want to work some the jobs where fondling 'bread dough' is a core skill. Red Face

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
There's gotta be a fluffer joke in there somewhere, but I haven't had caffeine yet.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:
I'm a reanimated corpse in search of new career opportunities in the seafaring industry. My interests are hijacking vessels, rum, and braaaaaaains. I bring a deep skillset in pirattidute, shambling, grog-swilling, and plunder, with years of hands-on experience in the field. Or the ocean, as the case may be.

Would you like to tell me about some problems you're having in my areas of expertise, and I'll talk about how I'd decapitate them?

:Razzushes glasses up nose:: Which methods of undead piracy do you think apply best in situations requiring you to prepare customs documentation for multiple checkpoints along a seldom traveled route through dangerous, international, shreiking eel infested waters?

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14241 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fluffyllama:
quote:
Originally posted by Jocelyn:

:Razzushes glasses up nose:: Which methods of undead piracy do you think apply best in situations requiring you to prepare customs documentation for multiple checkpoints along a seldom traveled route through dangerous, international, shreiking eel infested waters?

In my experience, the best method of documentation is to abscond with the customs workers, and then feed them to the shrieking eels, which serves a dual purpose of drawing the eels away from your ship, and recalibrating the level of paperwork expected by government officials.

(You should hire me, I know big words).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
^^^

See, I can't speak like that at the job (or anyplace else):

"pH of funny water BAD!" Mad

*trashes lab*