Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    What would you like to do for your mid-life crisis?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you like to do for your mid-life crisis?
 Login/Join

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lan Martak:
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
I voted B. I wouldn't have sex with her, but we could always use an extra sitter.

Don't know if I would want her as a babysitter. Might call her parents and ask if she has self respect problems.

Yeah, if that were her profile picture on the childcare website, I'd probably go with someone else.

Everyone's entitled to what they like in the bedroom, though, and that doesn't look like a picture that this girl really expected to have published elsewhere.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:

Yeah, if that were her profile picture on the childcare website, I'd probably go with someone else.

If her pic's on a childcare website, it's because she requires childcare. Too young and boyish. *thumbs down*

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Midlife crisis? F*ck that noise, I've got better things to do. Razz

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
waggish jackanape
Picture of Royko
posted Hide Post
Is D the place in Montana where I'm going to write my manifesto?

(Actually, what I'd probably really like would be to go spend several months traveling.)

---------------------------------------------------------------
So fluffy you could die.
(blog)

Posts: 6917 | Location: Chicago | Registered: October 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
Oh, I think I'm going through my mid-life crisis right now, and I'm enjoying it for all it's worth. Your list needs more options! I'm learning to play the violin! I'm thinking of building a tree house next summer. I'm studying for a completely different profession. And I might even get a dog in a year or two. (How the hell did I get to my age without ever owning a funny-looking, fluffy dog?)

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2413 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tismalleen:
Oh, I think I'm going through my mid-life crisis right now, and I'm enjoying it for all it's worth. Your list needs more options! I'm learning to play the violin! I'm thinking of building a tree house next summer. I'm studying for a completely different profession. And I might even get a dog in a year or two. (How the hell did I get to my age without ever owning a funny-looking, fluffy dog?)

Looks like you are dealing with it in a responsible healthy fashion...
Where is the fun in that? Razz
of course I kid  

If I weren't so frugal I would buy an over the top audio system for the house as well as the car.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Buy, build & fly my own airship. Big Grin

Or invent a hovercraft that can break the sound barrier...

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayfarer:
Or invent a hovercraft that can break the sound barrier...

- hovercraft
- breaks sound barrier
- sonic boom

Wouldn't that mess up the... ah... poofy balloon part of the hovercraft? My knowledge in Hovercraftechnology is quite limited.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Depends what it's made of.
You definitly can't do it with anything that touches the water, because the build up of friction (or is it resistance?)would make it turn over.

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
Supersonic hovercraft. The creatives mid life crises must take some odd forms. Mel Gibson is a good example of the dark side of this phenomena. Most people are much more prosaic. They get a tattoo or a few piercings and hit the bottle harder than usual. I think the movie 'American Beauty' is my fav mid life crisis film. Nah, it's Fellini's 8½. I need to watch that again. It's been over 20 years.

This guy decided to become a hip hop rapper at 55.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nemo888,

Posts: 851 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Guess what's behind door number pi!
Picture of Mystery Guest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Furious

Wouldn't that mess up the... ah... poofy balloon part of the hovercraft? My knowledge in Hovercraftechnology is quite limited.

A sonic boom takes place behind the vehicle after it has pushed through the sound waves that have built up in front of it and they collapse together, as far as I know, so it should be all right. I would think it would be easier to make a hovercraft faster than sound rather than a wheeled vehicle as there is no friction to overcome besides air/sound waves.
Steering would be a bitch though.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )

Posts: 5625 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I dunno... i think i'll turn lounge lizard instead of rapper.

And steering? Heh. The world is your air hockey table!

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I want the RV with the Mini poop for mine please. Was that an option?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
I want the RV with the Mini poop for mine please. Was that an option?

The RV butt-port looks like it was designed for the Mini Pooper but somehow I can't see BMW allowing their trendy little car be an 'option' for someone else.

New mid-life crisis car. Subaru BRZ.

Click here!
Picture of Tismalleen
posted Hide Post
In my present state of mind, I'd like a flame thrower, please.

✄--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Posts: 2413 | Location: fluttering about | Registered: September 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I'll loan you one - as long as you take the fire extinguisher that goes with it.

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
was not written by a man named "Cougar"
Picture of smalltown
posted Hide Post
...you have a flame thrower?

----------------
Duck...duck...duck...duck...BOOBS!

Posts: 4109 | Location: Tacoma! (Because really, who wants to live in Seattle?) | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:

Perfectly legal in the USA. There are no Federal Statutes against owning one and reproductions of the M2 are regularly purchased.

Posts: 851 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo888:
quote:
Originally posted by smalltown:

Perfectly legal in the USA. There are no Federal Statutes against owning one and reproductions of the M2 are regularly purchased.

With all the cigarette lighters out there, I would think laws against flamethrowers would be difficult to enforce. And besides, we need something for the TSA to confiscate to validate their rent-a-cop status!

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
No, no, I don't have a flame thrower - I thought I was Freedomly Associating there for a minute!

Kurt Vonnegut