Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  The World's End  Hop To Forums  The World's End    US Election! Obama up on aggregate with 3 minutes to go...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US Election! Obama up on aggregate with 3 minutes to go...
 Login/Join

Sittin' at the dock of the Bayeaux Tapestry
Picture of D M
posted
So, how close do you think the election is, in terms of (proper) football or your preferred sport?

If Obama can hit that bullseye, the rest of those dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

---
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" - H. L. Mencken

Posts: 35348 | Location: London | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
Seriously, I think this is a 4th 1/4 comeback by Romney, with Obama 2 points up and driving against a team with no time outs. Just need to maintain possession, and it's a wrap. But what's that? FUMBLE... and Romney recovers in Field goal range. It's a 54 yard attempt, so that's no gimme.

I think it's close as close can be (the electoral gerrymandering ensures that anyway). Obama will lose the popular vote, and I have a horrible sinking feeling that the pollsters are overestimating the turnout, and Romney will just scrape through.

Bleugh.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
here
Picture of The Boy™ PhD
posted Hide Post
This is the second half of a decade-long game.

2010 was a pivotal quarter. And the Republicans went into halftime with a huge lead.

However, plagued by injuries and veteran player retirements, the Republicans called up some of their minor leaguers to the Big Leagues. Some of them were even skipped over the farm teams altogether and promoted directly to the pro level.

Unfortunately, these players weren't ready for the pros.

Have you ever seen a bunch of 6-year-olds play soccer? No strategy, no coordination, they just chase the ball. Some of them don't actually know how the game works at all. They stop and pose for a picture taken by their parents from the sidelines once in a while. That's the Tea Party.

For a while, the coach yelled at them from the sidelines. He's given up in exasperation. "F- this. Let them play the game they want. I'm taking a job as a commentator on cable news."

…and then the stadium catches on fire…

Posts: 2813 | Location: Penn State University | Registered: May 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I just hope it doesn't come down to penalty kicks in the Supreme Court. Everyone, regardless of who wins, hates seeing a match end on PKs. Well, the winner doesn't mind so much, but as spectators, I hate it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Sports metaphors?

um. Oh dear. Someone tell me when to cheer, OK?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing this as being more like F-1 Racing. Out of 400 laps, Obama's lead nearly all of them, but the actual distance between Obama and Romney is enough that there's a chance for a last lap run from Romney.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
I'm seeing this as being more like F-1 Racing. Out of 400 laps, Obama's lead nearly all of them, but the actual distance between Obama and Romney is enough that there's a chance for a last lap run from Romney.

Oh, so do we cynically think that most of the audience is there because they secretly want to see them crash and burn?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is imperfectly illuminated
Picture of Murphy
posted Hide Post
I think dweller might just have it. F-1, Corporate, soulless and 95% down to the car you're in rather than your ability to drive it.

---------------
*is currently impressed*

Posts: 8147 | Location: London, England | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Boy™ PhD:

This. This is what I feel like!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Murphy:
I think dweller might just have it. F-1, Corporate, soulless and 95% down to the car you're in rather than your ability to drive it.

Hadn't thought of that connection, but you're dead on there.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weeblegeddon:
quote:
Originally posted by The Boy™ PhD:

This. This is what I feel like!
Me too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
I feel sick. It could all go horribly wrong at the last moment.

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I voted! Buddy was telling me that there have been some problems with electronic machines switching peoples votes...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12401 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
I voted, and I voted Green, because I'm right and you're not. Razz

Oh no! Kentucky chose Romney!

(I knew they were idiots... too much like Pennsyltucky)

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Romney won WV. *shrugs*

I PREDICT this'll all come down to one idiot state, and the lawsuits won't stop until February.

Posts: 32868 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
The red states are reddin' up!

Start packin' for Canada, you pinko libbies! No healthcare or benefits for anyone making less than $1million/yr!

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Obammer fights back!

TAKE THAT, Neo-Nazis!

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Mathematically, it's already over.

The grey states have won. Razz

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
Mitt controls yet another state that loves country music and has no jobs... I see a pattern...

Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
And Mitt just took Georgia, stealing the Coca-Cola vote.

THE COCA-COLA VOTE.