Find
Notify
Tools

Deaths
 Login/Join

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Such a tough one, losing a parent. Awful.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2715 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
Oh, Motley, I'm so sorry.

Sending you hugs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Parenthetical enthusiast.

Posts: 8101 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
badger, yahr, badger, escher
Picture of daysleeper [if I'm lucky]
posted Hide Post
Hugs & love to you & your family, Motley. <3

Posts: 8216 | Location: georgia | Registered: November 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
My lovely dad. On March 1st. He was 96 but wasn't ready. He wanted to reach 103 and we thought he would.

I can't post this on fb but had to come here and tell someone. I'm so sad.

And it's Froggy's birthday today. I'm trying to be strong and happy for her and the family and it's so hard. The only cards which came through the letterbox today were condolence cards.

I'd say fuck death but he didn't like swearing. A gentle, kind, funny, interesting and loving father. I was SO lucky to have him.

Big Hugs to you, hon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22788 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
Bye Dad.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25403 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
*hugs Maeve* I am so sorry for your loss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12465 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
This is not a happy post, or a ranting one, it’s very sad, so, feel free to skip it. I’ve had hugs, real ones, but, nothing is really helping, so I thought if I write it out maybe I can purge it and this is the safest place I know...

I got dad’s cremains today and I wanted to put him with mum’s remains, and also move everything out of that closet. My cousin and I have plans to work in the living room very soon (after Christmas, prolly January) and I don’t want to keep moving those boxes around. But there was another box. An unopened box. Addressed to me, but I didn’t know what was in there. It was still taped up. But I had just opened dad’s and I just kept going. I should have looked at the date. October, 1999. Mum died in ‘98, Novemeber, so why would this be almost a year later...

I should have that date seared into my memory, but I think I just blocked it out.

There was a small bag barely filled with ashes and I thought I cried all the tears I ever could, but I was wrong. She never even had a name, I never chose one.

I shouldn’t have opened that box.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25403 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time amateur cardiologist
Picture of wanderinginmn
posted Hide Post
Some boxes we open, open too many things. We box things to deal with life and everything. She had a name, just not a given one.

Ashes and ritual are important. Find a place or time that is significant, and release a bit of them. D- had us hike the tallest peak in the lower 48 for that remembrance journey and spread. And, yeah, that was extreme, but find your journey and celebration.

And seriously, *hug*

-I.

-Ivan.

Posts: 2034 | Location: MPLS, MN, USA | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post